• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Launch mode bog

Just now attempted launch mode in Track mode. Vehicle bogs down, ESP flashes, then it eventually takes off. Has anyone had this issue? I do have the K-Tuner ECU tune installed, not sure if that has anything to do with it. Going to reflash back to stock and try launch mode again to see if it works appropriately.

Nope, never had that happen. Reason #326 of thousands that I won't gamble with aftermarket stuff like a K-Tuner (I know that puts me in the minority here on Prime).

It will bog down (cut power) and esp light will flash if you do not have traction. Whats the condition of the surface when you did this?

Nope, never had that happen. Reason #326 of thousands that I won't gamble with aftermarket stuff like a K-Tuner (I know that puts me in the minority here on Prime).

I'd have to agree, I limited performance mods to a downpipe and exhaust. That being said, I couldn't be a happier with it.

Reminds me of the convo I had at PMC with one of the factory workers. I said I wanted to do the exhaust mods like I have on my Zanardi. He said, that's cool but I'd leave it at that. We were talking about mods and tunes and he said, "We're a 50 billion dollar company, imagine what what we must spend in R&D, you think anyone can do a better job?" I'd have to agree.

I've never used the launch mode, how much different is it than simply flooring it?

It will bog down (cut power) and esp light will flash if you do not have traction. Whats the condition of the surface when you did this?
Dry paved road. It does seem to be a traction problem as I feel the rear end shift slightly sideways as the power cuts. Suppose it's time for wider/stickier tires.

Dry paved road. It does seem to be a traction problem as I feel the rear end shift slightly sideways as the power cuts. Suppose it's time for wider/stickier tires.
I remember one time I was at the drag strip and I wasnt able to get around the water box because the guy sprayed the whole area when I launched it, it did everything you explained. What tires you running? Before you reflash try new tires and make sure they road force balance the wheels.

I remember one time I was at the drag strip and I wasnt able to get around the water box because the guy sprayed the whole area when I launched it, it did everything you explained. What tires you running? Before you reflash try new tires and make sure they road force balance the wheels.
Factory Conti's. They break loose easily all over the place. Replacing with PS4S in the near future. Will be inch or two wider front and rear with new wheels.

Back