• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Eclipse Nav Install Done

Hey All,

I just did the Eclipse double din w/ NAV headunit install in my 2002. The unit works great. I know many had concerns about the viewing angle, but it is not an issue with this unit. I havent tried it with the top off yet...but even during sunny days the screen doesnt wash out...there is a setting called "day" which makes the picture perfect...piture quality was so good i also had installed a reverse cam (in the trunk key hole) The NAV itself is awesome...so far extremely accurate...reroutes very fast....so thats my report...now some of my issues.

The shop that installed it set it up using the bose amps. So now when I start and turn off the car the speakers make a kind of pop or like power-inflow kind of noise...kind of like when you plug in external speakers on a computer that is already on...Anyone know a fix? The store said I need to replace the amps and speakers.

I was very disappointed with the finish...I thought the color would be semi-close but its not...only looks good at night now...so I am not so sure what I am gonna do...I have been searching for ideas on the sight but cant decide. Any suggestions and pictures would be great.

I would post pictures but I want to fix the paint problem first.

nsxtar said:
The shop that installed it set it up using the bose amps. So now when I start and turn off the car the speakers make a kind of pop or like power-inflow kind of noise...kind of like when you plug in external speakers on a computer that is already on...Anyone know a fix? The store said I need to replace the amps and speakers...
You need to isolate the audio outputs between the head & the Bose amps; Consider this unit for your interface device to achieve the above.
More importantly, you also should be sure the power out to the amps is being driven by the "remote on" o/p from the head; it gets more complicated because there is a common output from the stock head for the antenna & the remote power-on for the amps (pink/wh wire in the harness), whereas these features are seperate in an after-market head (that's a bonus!).
You need to use the remote power o/p from the new head to interface to the pink/white wire. That coupled with the isolation of the audio outs will fix your popping sound. However your antenna will go up every time you turn on the head, whether you're on tuner, cd, nav or whatever (just like the OEM did); you can fix that by running a wire from the "antenna" o/p of the new head & connect it the pink/wh wire in the trunk harness supplying the antenna (you need to cut the wire & attach new wire to end feeding the antenna)
Now, your head unit will only raise the antenna when it is in tuner mode & lower it when other functions are selected. You'll also resolve the popping sound at power-on.
If you're happy with the stock audio for the Bose, then you're done, but an after-market amp/speakers will give you much more pleasing sound I'm sure!

nsxtar said:
I was very disappointed with the finish...I thought the color would be semi-close but its not...only looks good at night now...so I am not so sure what I am gonna do...I have been searching for ideas on the sight but cant decide. Any suggestions and pictures would be great.

I would post pictures but I want to fix the paint problem first.
Check out this thread - that is a Rustoleum Metallic Black, but actually is more of a charcoal colour - looks very pleasing & is not super different to the original.
I also just found a Duplicolor import spray code # 88-00564 Dark Gray, which looks very similar to OEM, with less metallic flake sparkle than the Rustoleum Metallic black has. Haven't put it on yet, just going by the can top - I'll update when I try it out on maybe ashtray lid first.
Good luck, love to see the pics!

Feel free to pm me if you have any specific questions about either of above subjects.

This is a pic of ash-tray painted Honda Graphite Grey 88-00928 against a stock console from an early car - this is different on late cars I think though, Aren't the 02's a lighter colour?
I liked this shade & decided to do the whole console that colour - see the results at the end of my thread linked here

Attachments

• colour1.jpg
    colour1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 386
Back