• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ECU cover rattle

While I had the rear trim panel off to resolder the main relay I noticed that the aluminum cover on the ECU rattles pretty bad under load. If I push down on the top left side the rattle goes away. Had not had a chance to really dig into it other then confirming that all of the cover screws were secured.

Anyone have a suggestions for eliminating this rattle?

While I had the rear trim panel off to resolder the main relay I noticed that the aluminum cover on the ECU rattles pretty bad under load. If I push down on the top left side the rattle goes away. Had not had a chance to really dig into it other then confirming that all of the cover screws were secured.

Anyone have a suggestions for eliminating this rattle?

I used a piece of foam , stuck under the bracket that goes over the ecu , and pushes against the cover , worked for me .

I used a piece of foam , stuck under the bracket that goes over the ecu , and pushes against the cover , worked for me .

By bracket are you referring to the interior body panel that covers the ECU and the other relay/electronics behind the seats?

Thanks
-martin

Back