• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Eibach / Bilsteins or Stock / Blisteins low set

Hello: This is my second post / question since purchasing my dream. I am a senior owner so ride is somewhat important but so is handling, that's why I have wanted one these amazing cars.

I have a set of Eibach springs and Bilstein shocks that came with the car.

I want a lower look especially in the wheel wells.

I will be running a very old set of JDM Stern wheels that were made in Japan before the company was sold for the NSX. They are 16 front / 17 rear and I will put stock size tires.

Should I put the new Eibach springs and Bilstein shocks or should I think about the Bilsteins set at low perch with stock springs?

Thank you for your help and support.

^^+1!

I would say [Stock Springs + Bils @ lower perch] for you. This will give you a ride height that's noticeably lower (~.875" drop) for the sportier look. The stock springs will provide a nice ride and the Bils will provide added firmness and damping control. Eibachs alone will probably be much too low even at the upper perch on the Bils.

If you drive hard, say in the Canyons, you might want to consider a thicker front sway bar... then if that's still not enough you'll start looking at stiffer springs and compromise ride quality.... then you'll get the itch to track. That's when you get lost in the deep abyss which sucks all your money lol

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+3 That is what I'm running and very happy:smile:

I wouldn't use Eibachs - maybe the progressive Eibach is ok - but the non progressive Eibachs are way too hard. I'm 60 and I took em off mine after I bought it- one of the first things I did. I now have a set of standard springs and shocks off an 05 NSX on my 91 and it rides fine - it's just sitting up rather high and it doesn't look good. I have a set of Swift Sport Springs and Bilsteins for my car I just haven't put on yet. The Swifts lower the car some and some is enough. I would say to get Swift lowering springs and leave your stock shocks on - that is if your shocks aren't 20 years old. Mine were and they were shot! The Swifts give a great ride - they are true progressive springs and I've ridden in a car with them. They feel great!

Chazuno, I'm a senior owner as well and wanted to preserve a bit of ride quality, but also wanted to improve handling and lessen body lean in the corners. On my '05 I went with the Bilsteins, stock springs, and Comptech anti-sway bars front and rear. Much better control of body lean, car is lowered by approx 1" and the ride quality is excellent.

Cheers,

Chris

I went with the Bilsteins, stock springs, and Comptech anti-sway bars front and rear. Much better control of body lean, car is lowered by approx 1" and the ride quality is excellent.

+1. I also did NSX-R chassis bars and I'm very happy with the results :smile:

Im using the progressive Eibach and Koni yellow very happy with my setup. Smooth ride with reduced roll and sharper response.

Chaz,

Another "senior citizen", late adopor for the Bilstein/stock configuration.

I'm a another recent senior (64) contributor to this forum. This car is among the best I've ever owned. Had to sell the Porsche Cabro to get this one but have never looked back.

Enjoy your ride....but I'm thinking you don't want it to rattle your fillings out.

My thoughts are that you would have to work pretty hard to take the stock NSX beyond what most drivers have the capability to handle. If ultimate track performance is your deal, go for coil overs & multiple spring sets. Be ready to pay for corner balancing & alignments.

I drove in some competitive situations in earlier years but now this car is my hobby and dailr driver in retirement. I put Bilsteins on because I wanted a somewhat lower profile without "slamming" the car as some do on this forum. Colorado streets/roads also had a part in that decision (as they will in my upcoming wheel/tire upgrade).

At some point, you reach a place where you exceed the stock suspension's optimum adjustment points. Witness all of the extreme inside tire tread wear complaints on these forums. (Been there with tricked up Audis.)

With the Bilsteins(lower perch) and stock springs, I was able to acheive the desired lower profile, more firm compliance with the road, and suspension geometry I wanted to enhance this wonderful car.

Hope this helps in your decision.

Billbert

Lowering but preserving ride quality.

Chaz,

Another "senior citizen", late adopor for the Bilstein/stock configuration.

I'm a another recent senior (64) contributor to this forum. This car is among the best I've ever owned. Had to sell the Porsche Cabro to get this one but have never looked back.

Enjoy your ride....but I'm thinking you don't want it to rattle your fillings out.

My thoughts are that you would have to work pretty hard to take the stock NSX beyond what most drivers have the capability to handle. If ultimate track performance is your deal, go for coil overs & multiple spring sets. Be ready to pay for corner balancing & alignments.

I drove in some competitive situations in earlier years but now this car is my hobby and dailr driver in retirement. I put Bilsteins on because I wanted a somewhat lower profile without "slamming" the car as some do on this forum. Colorado streets/roads also had a part in that decision (as they will in my upcoming wheel/tire upgrade).

At some point, you reach a place where you exceed the stock suspension's optimum adjustment points. Witness all of the extreme inside tire tread wear complaints on these forums. (Been there with tricked up Audis.)

With the Bilsteins(lower perch) and stock springs, I was able to acheive the desired lower profile, more firm compliance with the road, and suspension geometry I wanted to enhance this wonderful car.

Hope this helps in your decision.

Billbert

I'm a Senior here and headed in this direction...what part # for the Bilsteins?

Not sure of Bilstein's pt #, but SOS sells them on their site.

Back