• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Email change

Re: email change please

Yes, I've read that. I think I was hoping for a change in the terms of service for those who have been in the community for several years and have shown that there isn't any cause for concern w/ respect to spamming other members.

Either way, I'm still here. ;)

Re: email change please

Yes, I've read that. I think I was hoping for a change in the terms of service for those who have been in the community for several years and have shown that there isn't any cause for concern w/ respect to spamming other members.

Either way, I'm still here. ;)
I would like to respectfully make the same argument as well.

Although now, that doesn't even matter because all my prime notifications seems to disappear into never never land. :redface::redface::redface:

Exception to e-mail rule?

Hi Lud,

The e-mail in my profile is no longer active. I cannot update it, as my primary address is a Gmail account. I understand the reason for the rule, but would like to be able to receive e-mail.

Can an exception be made please?

Thanks,
Mark

Re: Email address can't be changed in Prime?

I just tried to change mine as well. I was under the impression that I had to initially register with a non-free account to prevent spammers, but not being able to change it after years of spam-free membership? Frankly, seems like a pretty retarded rule. I have to use my work email as well and I'm really taking a chance if IT sees these email alerts. I don't have another email address besides work and Gmail and any other address I could get would be a "free" address.

Suggestion: initial registration with non-free account and then the e-mail account change feature should be open to whatever address you want. I'd hate to see what happens if I get downsized and I don't have a way to link my prime account to an address.

In the short term you can go into your user tools and deactivate the email alert feature.

I want to be alerted, but to my personal email, not work :biggrin:

Suggestion: initial registration with non-free account and then the e-mail account change feature should be open to whatever address you want.

I would love it if the software worked that way. Unfortunately it does not.

e-mail address

I'm going to be graduating next spring from college so the .edu account that I have is going to get whacked, so now I am out of an email account that can be approved. I have a gmail but that isn't allowed, any idea as to what I can do?

Re: Accounts deactivated due to invalid e-mail addresses

I'm going to be graduating next spring from college so the .edu account that I have is going to get whacked, so now I am out of an email account that can be approved. I have a gmail but that isn't allowed, any idea as to what I can do?

Get on the five year plan and then you have an extra year of NSX Prime. :biggrin:

Re: Accounts deactivated due to invalid e-mail addresses

What 5 year plan?

WOW :biggrin: you must be smart not to even know of the 5 year plan... I started on a 5 year plan and stretched it to a 7 year plan with 3 locations. $$Big money :frown:

Re: e-mail address

Almost every ISP provides email accounts.

Prime Email address?

Is there a good email, I can use? Currently using my military email, but want to switch to a authorized email for the site.. What is a good email address to download?
Or how do I create a rule or filter to forward all mail from the address on the automated registration response e-mail to your webmail account.:confused:

Back