• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Emission Warranty Extension.....FREE

I just recieved an Emission Warranty Extension and Free Service REMINDER from ACURA.....anyone else recieved this as well? What does it really cover? Any input on this?

honda had a emission extention to 150k on 96 and some 97's for I know for some of the later services over 75 k you get coil packs, plugs, lof. Also
if you have any emission check engine lights the diag and labor to install
the parts as well as the parts are free. Pretty good deal, I understand
the federal epa mandated this for honda due to them (the government) feeling some of the obdII systems for monitoring were not sensitive enough
to catch some faults, especially missfire codes.

I beleve it does, if it turns on the check engine light, on and your vehicle falls in the model years of 96 or some 97's also qualify.

Quote from Acura, "The Acura dealer will again inspect your vehicles's emissions control system and make any needed warranty reparis or replacements free of charge. In addition, the dealer will replace the spark plugs, ignition wires, distributor cap and rotor, an change the oil and oil filter: all free of charge to you."

Anyone had it done?

Meeyatch1 said:
Does it cover a clogged, or malfunctioning, catalytic converter??

like this one...

6289Picture_0241-med.jpg

spyderman33 said:
Can you post a copy of the letter?

Got the same thing and mines a '95

Am I just getting this because I recently purchased the car or is it a fairly new program? According to the mailing its good to 14yrs after sale date.

What are we doing about it? :D Well, I am taking mine in to SCA saturday morning and see what happen. If Matt's team can hook me up, I am taking his car...................less that antera rims. heheheheeh j/k

Joseph said:
hey Calvin, I received the same letter a few days ago also

PoohBEAR said:
Quote from Acura, "The Acura dealer will again inspect your vehicles's emissions control system and make any needed warranty reparis or replacements free of charge. In addition, the dealer will replace the spark plugs, ignition wires, distributor cap and rotor, an change the oil and oil filter: all free of charge to you."

Anyone had it done?

I wouldn't worry too much about the ignition wires, distributor cap and rotor. :biggrin:

PoohBEAR said:
What are we doing about it? :D Well, I am taking mine in to SCA saturday morning and see what happen. If Matt's team can hook me up, I am taking his car...................less that antera rims. heheheheeh j/k

we'll, what i'll do is speak with a service advisor first since my vehicle is under the 50,000 miles and go on from there.

Joseph, pls post your findings. I'm at approx 30K and was wondering what I could get out of this. I don't have any CEL's or anything but a free tune up and oil change would be pretty nice.

Back