• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Emissions Warranty Extension starting to expire for TSB 98-031

Just FYI guys, TSB 98-031 is starting to expire for some of us.

My check engine light for the O2 sensor has been on for the past year or so, I was putting it off and when my vehicle registration required a smog test, I finally took it in thinking I would be covered.

For some reason I thought it was 15 years or 150,000 miles but it's actually 14 years, 150k miles. The dealership is going to try to get Honda to cover the repairs though I'm not sure it's going to be so easy. But the total tab on a simple O2 sensor replacement is about $550. The part alone is $360. Labor cost I think is a bit high...

The worst part of all is that my car fell out of coverage less than 2 weeks ago.

thanks for the alert,I just found my waranty notice sent from Honda and it is 14 years,mines up in 2010:frown:

Just FYI guys, TSB 98-031 is starting to expire for some of us.

My check engine light for the O2 sensor has been on for the past year or so, I was putting it off and when my vehicle registration required a smog test, I finally took it in thinking I would be covered.

For some reason I thought it was 15 years or 150,000 miles but it's actually 14 years, 150k miles. The dealership is going to try to get Honda to cover the repairs though I'm not sure it's going to be so easy. But the total tab on a simple O2 sensor replacement is about $550. The part alone is $360. Labor cost I think is a bit high...

The worst part of all is that my car fell out of coverage less than 2 weeks ago.

I would change them on your own if Honda does not cover it. Sparkplugs.com sells them for about $50 each (NGK).

but this covers all emmisions related items even the cats.:wink:

I would change them on your own if Honda does not cover it. Sparkplugs.com sells them for about $50 each (NGK).

Thanks for the info, I found the equivalent sensors on there for alot less. Looks like the stealership is trying to take me for a ride as well, I found the o2 sensors online for about $202 and it says $260 retail.

Back