• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Employment

It's easy to see why you are unemployed.

Your post contains absolutely no information about your qualifications, past experience, degree's held or the position you seek.

So here is my job recommendation to you: Movie ticket taker or Wall Mart greeter. :rolleyes:

PS. Looking for employment is easy, beating other candidates is challenging.

Last edited:
Everything "kookoo4nsx" said plus

Move... California is not the place to be... North Dakota is looking for people. Lowest unemployment in the USA :biggrin:

It's easy to see why you are unemployed.

Your post contains absolutely no information about your qualifications, past experience, degree's held or the position you seek.

So here is my job recommendation to you: Movie ticket taker or Wall Mart greeter. :rolleyes:

PS. Looking for employment is easy, beating other candidates is challenging.

hahaha, whoops forgot about that..

Everything "kookoo4nsx" said plus

Move... California is not the place to be... North Dakota is looking for people. Lowest unemployment in the USA :biggrin:

California is the place to be whether we have the worst unemployment rate or not. :smile:

Sorry I don't know of anyone that is hiring over here in the Bay Area.

Here is a tip though, do not drive your NSX while you job hunt.

I saw a sign in the window of the local Subway and Boston Market where I live looking to hire. Maybe there are jobs with these places near you.

I liked boston market,,,sadly they have pulled out of our NE Pa region:frown:

It is tough in the Sac area right now. I helped out at a charity event a few weeks ago and there were 7 of us guys in the room who are all in the 35-45 age range. 5 out of the 7 including myself are currently unemployed and one of the other 2 works for a large company that just filed for Bankruptcy. In this area I feel we are at depression level unemployment. The "official" figures don't take into account the people who have run out of benefits, given up looking or are homeless.

I have been out 10 months now since HP started cutting people(they are in the process of cutting 27,000 positions). They also cut contractor hours back to 32/week max(a whopping 20% cut in pay). A buddy of mine just took an early retirement package that HP offered him but he is looking for a new job already. Way too young to retire.

If I don't find anything by the time unemployment runs out we will be looking to relocate to another state. Probably Texas.

By any chance anyone hiring or know of any place hiring? Looking for Employment is tuff right now :frown:
To the reader, your question without details is like my response to you: Yes, my company is hiring. However, that doesn't tell you much. Don't know if you'll be interested in the position or if you are qualified, or if you want to relocate. With that said, I still have no clue to what type of job/position you are looking for. If you don't know, the reader certainly will not be able to assist you with any leads.

It is tough in the Sac area right now.

If I don't find anything by the time unemployment runs out we will be looking to relocate to another state. Probably Texas.
I have to agree with you and with experience through my son. When he graduated from UC Davis 2 years ago, he wanted to stay in the Sacramento/Davis area. For 2 years, he was working 2 part time jobs and barely scrapping by. After about 2 years, his eyes finally opened up. He decided that starting a career is more important than staying in the Sacramento area. To make the long story short, he flew out to Boca Raton on 7/30/12 to start his first full time job since graduating from college.

Last edited:
I have to agree with you and with experience through my son. When you graduated from UC Davis 2 years ago, he wanted to stay in the Sacramento/Davis area. For 2 years, he was working 2 part time jobs and barely scrapping by. After about 2 years, his eyes finally opened up. He decided that starting a career is more important than staying in the Sacramento area. To make the long story short, he flew out to Boca Raton on 7/30/12 to start his first full time job since graduating from college.

Congrats to your son. Another friend of our just flew out to Houston for an interview. He said the IT salaries out in Houston are comparable to the Bay Area now and a quick glance at Houston and Austin postings seems to prove his opinion. Houses are extremely attractive price wise as well. Much cheaper than CA at the moment.

It's nice to have a quality kid in our state like your Son. I bet he also likes no income taxes on his paycheck!

(Florida women are 180 degrees different then California women)

To the reader, your question without details is like my response to you: Yes, my company is hiring. However, that doesn't tell you much. Don't know if you'll be interested in the position or if you are qualified, or if you want to relocate. With that said, I still have no clue to what type of job/position you are looking for. If you don't know, the reader certainly will not be able to assist you with any leads.

I have to agree with you and with experience through my son. When you graduated from UC Davis 2 years ago, he wanted to stay in the Sacramento/Davis area. For 2 years, he was working 2 part time jobs and barely scrapping by. After about 2 years, his eyes finally opened up. He decided that starting a career is more important than staying in the Sacramento area. To make the long story short, he flew out to Boca Raton on 7/30/12 to start his first full time job since graduating from college.

It's nice to have a quality kid in our state like your Son. I bet he also likes no income taxes on his paycheck!

(Florida women are 180 degrees different then California women)

I know he'll like the no state income taxes. I'm just glad that he is no longer limiting his potential by boxing himself in one geographic area especially when he is young. I told him he can always move back to the Sacramento area in the future (if he likes) once he has attained some marketable experience and with a better economy.

hahaha, whoops forgot about that..

California is the place to be whether we have the worst unemployment rate or not. :smile:

Yet it appears you still have not provided anyone with the needed information on the above request for qualifications, type of work, etc....how the heck do you expect any help?? :confused:

It is this kind of lack of real desire to find a job that makes me bang my head when people complain about unemployment numbers.

Last edited:
Sorry for not getting back to anyone about my qualifications. I have a Automotive Technology Cert from UTI so any job that deals with Automotive fits, I've been in the retail business for about 4 years with excellent customer service skills. I'm currently attending school part time trying to get a MIS degree so any computer help desk related jobs would help. I was currently with the University Enterprise Inc as a student assistant but our jobs are getting laid off on the 31.

Back