• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Engine Bogging all of a sudden

Took the X out today for a lil spin, when I got to my destination and turn the engine off for about 5 mins then restarted it to continue the engine started to bogg on low RPM's then when you would accelerate it enough the bogging would go away and it would run smooth. I have no clue what it can be since no engine light when off and it was all of a sudden and never has happen before. Any one have a similar situation and found the cause please let me know.

BTW plugs, & timing belt, were changed 500 miles ago.

Could it be a vacume line problem or a sensor or relay????? :confused:

NSX~PERT said:
Took the X out today for a lil spin, when I got to my destination and turn the engine off for about 5 mins then restarted it to continue the engine started to bogg on low RPM's then when you would accelerate it enough the bogging would go away and it would run smooth. I have no clue what it can be since no engine light when off and it was all of a sudden and never has happen before. Any one have a similar situation and found the cause please let me know.

BTW plugs, & timing belt, were changed 500 miles ago.

Could it be a vacume line problem or a sensor or relay????? :confused:
Does it idle okay?

Tomcat,

Idle is fine, it happens as soon as I start to accelerate mederetly from like 1500-2500 RPM's then it hesitates and goes back to normal but when RPM's reach that low again it does it again.

I had exactly the same problem.

low rpm bogging and when it hit a certain speed it clears. At first the engine check light didnt come on, but it did after i continue driving.

I took my car to a realible shop with alot of experience with nsx and the solution was the rear O2 sensor.

I got a new O2 sensor, and so far so good.

I experienced the same problem after the yellow tcs light went on. I changed the main circuit box, and it hasn't happened again.

Similar problem after driving in some rain on the HWY. Guess my 18's on the rear like to kick up water all over the engine bay area. I had some water sneak by the coil covers and right into the top of the spark plug and coil area. Dried it out and was fine afterward. :smile:

Similar to everyone else the problem went away by it self the next day. and since hasnt returned. So i guess there is no point in fixing a problem that isnt broken

Back