• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Engine Caution Light ?

Just got a yellow "Check" lt illuminate this evening. It is on the left side of the panel and has an engine drawn ariound it. ( beside the red oil lt ). Can anyone tell me what to check on it before bringing it into the shop ? I certainly don't want to miss Saturdays drive for something minor.....
Help...anyone.......
Thx

BTRTHNSX said:
Just got a yellow "Check" lt illuminate this evening. It is on the left side of the panel and has an engine drawn ariound it. ( beside the red oil lt ). Can anyone tell me what to check on it before bringing it into the shop ? I certainly don't want to miss Saturdays drive for something minor.....
Help...anyone.......
Thx

Garrick probably has an OBD II reader - give him a call and try to meet up with him! Did you fill-up a little before it came on? It can be a loose gas cap!

Often this stuff is emissions related, O2 sensors, gas cap, etc. but sometimes a killer stereo can set it off!:wink:

Rick, Most likely it is emission related (suspect O2 Sensor) or bad gas or as Stu say, gas Cap, the codes should tell.

I can check the codes on the Manual ,

Give me a call

Bram

BTRTHNSX said:
Help...anyone.......
Thx

Thanks guys. I did fill up the day it came on so I will check that now.
As for the manual, I have one too Bram. My concern it jumping the connector under the glove compartment. This has to be done to receive the code ( flashes ) Is their a certain way to do this ? Has anyone done it before ?

Ive pulled codes from mine hundreds of times when I had the emission blowout!

Easy. Wish I was in town this weekend to help. If you need, Ill be back Monday

Thanks for all the help guys.
Brought it into Erin Mills this aft ( just to make sure )
Turns out it is a Bank 2 System 1 error. Translates to a heater not doing its job on an emmisions component. Allen reset it . Part on backorder and is about a 1.5 hr install...... Just wanted to make sure it was no problem for tomorrows event and it isn't. I got the green light and will be at the starting grid by 10:00am for a 10:30 go !!!

Appreciate all the input.

Back