• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Engine event at 2900 - 3100 rpm

does anyone have a clue as to the event that happens inside the engine at this RPM. Something like a shaft moving? VTEC ? I don't know, but something happens at precisely this time frame the same going up rpm or down. Otherwise the engine runs like a finely tuned watch. up to 8 grand as it should.
Just curious.

thanks

I will have to pay attention because i have no idea what ur talking about. I know the engine seems boggy at 2000 rpm down but never noticed this part of the rpm

nothing significant happens at that rpm,vtec engages above 5700 rpm...does this happen at a standstill while reving? The car often shudders when the clutch is engaged:confused:

I do notice that then runs slightly rough at around the 2750rpm mark. But it appears that i'm not the only one so I would assume it is normal. Anything below or higher than 2750rpm is perfectly fine.

does anyone have a clue as to the event that happens inside the engine at this RPM. Something like a shaft moving? VTEC ? I don't know, but something happens at precisely this time frame the same going up rpm or down. Otherwise the engine runs like a finely tuned watch. up to 8 grand as it should.
Just curious.

thanks

Glad to see that you got the car running. Is this where the voltage on the fuel pump changes?

2900 / 3100 rpm, that occurs when the gremlins leave the engine! :smile:

Last edited:
Back