• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Enkei Kojin

Thanks for the specs. What made you choose to run a 255 in the rear instead of a 265 and have different brand tires front and rear? I agree with you 100000% the matte silver looks much better than the matte black. Good choice!
Ok, here are my specs. (Fronts) 17x8 + 35 offset on 215/40/17 Yoko S drives. (Rears) 18x9.5 +35 offset with 255/35/18 Bridgestone Potenza RE something or other lol. I also added 8mm spacers all around. Pics were taken before the spacers, now im sitting very flush with fender with no rubbing. Great looking wheel. Im so happy I went with the Matte Silver vs the Matte Black.

I don't care for black wheels on a black car. You need contrast. The silvers look good.

The XXR wheels that came with my car from the previous owner look almost exactly like this - just crappy quality of course. I want to get a set and silver is definitely the right choice.

Thanks for the specs. What made you choose to run a 255 in the rear instead of a 265 and have different brand tires front and rear? I agree with you 100000% the matte silver looks much better than the matte black. Good choice!
My tires in the rear were still pretty good so I just swapped them over. When I need to purchase new tires, I will be going with 265's in the back.

Is anyone concerned over the increased weight over the stock wheels (or even the RPF1)?

Do we even know the weights? They don't seem listed anywhere.

I thought it was on post #107...

OK that's not exactly heavy. It isn't as light as the lightest wheels but it's not bad. I've seen a whole lot worse.

Does your car have stock height suspension in these photos, or has it been lowered? These wheels look about perfect to me. Is it too late for the group buy?

I have Kojins in this size: 17x8+40 front & 17x9+35 rear.
I printed the Stoptech templates for you and took pictures. They appear to clear. In the front, there isn't a ton but it looks okay and if you wanted more, a 2mm spacer would appear to work fine.
Here is a link to the album on photobucket and maybe it will show up as an embed:
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s948.photobucket.com/user/jwmelvin1/embed/slideshow/Enkei%20Kojin-Stoptech%20clearance"></iframe>

Hope that helps but let me know if you need me to do something different. The wheels are not mounted right now so it's reasonably easy.
-jason

I just order my stoptech's for the front. My fronts are 17x8 +35 and I am running an 8mm spacer. I am glad you posted that small clip. This now confirms that they will fit.

Thanks

Thank you sooo much! These will be a great track wheel. Your effort is greatly appreciated.
I have Kojins in this size: 17x8+40 front & 17x9+35 rear.
I printed the Stoptech templates for you and took pictures. They appear to clear. In the front, there isn't a ton but it looks okay and if you wanted more, a 2mm spacer would appear to work fine.
Here is a link to the album on photobucket and maybe it will show up as an embed:
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s948.photobucket.com/user/jwmelvin1/embed/slideshow/Enkei%20Kojin-Stoptech%20clearance"></iframe>

Hope that helps but let me know if you need me to do something different. The wheels are not mounted right now so it's reasonably easy.
-jason

Ok, here are my specs. (Fronts) 17x8 + 35 offset on 215/40/17 Yoko S drives. (Rears) 18x9.5 +35 offset with 255/35/18 Bridgestone Potenza RE something or other lol. I also added 8mm spacers all around. Pics were taken before the spacers, now im sitting very flush with fender with no rubbing. Great looking wheel. Im so happy I went with the Matte Silver vs the Matte Black.

Okay, back from the dead. So your rears are 18x9.5 +35? You mean +30 right? +35 isn't available. Also, how much rear camber are you running?

Okay, back from the dead. So your rears are 18x9.5 +35? You mean +30 right? +35 isn't available. Also, how much rear camber are you running?

My bad, yes you are correct. My rear camber is +30 and rear camber is RR = -3.1 and LR = -3.4 according to my last print out.

Back