• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ESM 004 (BBS LM replica)

Sorry for the late reply. I hardly get on much.
The rear are Dunlops and the fronts are just cheap Nankangs. My car to really low and I get camber wear on the insides, so I just use cheap tires in the front.

Im looking at running the new Dunlop z2's but the most ideal size I see working with these wheels is: 235/40R18 or 225/40/18R and 275/35R19 I think that size will be fine for the rear, but i am unsure which size to go with for the front.

Im looking at running the new Dunlop z2's but the most ideal size I see working with these wheels is: 235/40R18 or 225/40/18R and 275/35R19 I think that size will be fine for the rear, but i am unsure which size to go with for the front.

You'd be completely wrong on both sizes. You'll rub like crazy to the point where it's undrivable and it'll look really really bad.
Do NOT put those sizes on a stock body NSX. PERIOD.

215/35/18 Front ONLY
265/30/19 OR 275/30/19 Rear

You'd be completely wrong on both sizes. You'll rub like crazy to the point where it's undrivable and it'll look really really bad.

215/35/18 Front ONLY

x2.

Although I have successfully ran 225 35 18 Front...

215 35 18 and 275 30 19 more than likely is the BEST sizing.

the sizes you listed simply will not work.

Tire sizing on the NSX is VERY important... our cars have VERY small wheel wells.

According to their website it looks like they have 17/18 sizes that would work for the NSX

Sortof, the best available 17/18 sizes for these on the NSX are:
17x8, 5x114.3, +35 offset

The rears are less ideal since there is only a 18x9" rear (instead of a 18x9.5")
The rear sizing of 18x9, 5x114.3, +15 is pretty aggressive and has a potential of rubbing. You'll need to run a 255/35/18 to have a good chance of this fitting.

The 18x9, 5x114.3, +40 is WAY less aggressive than the front's 17x8 +35. You'll need at least a 15mm spacer to make it look right..

Sortof, the best available 17/18 sizes for these on the NSX are:
17x8, 5x114.3, +35 offset

The rears are less ideal since there is only a 18x9" rear (instead of a 18x9.5")
The rear sizing of 18x9, 5x114.3, +15 is pretty aggressive and has a potential of rubbing. You'll need to run a 255/35/18 to have a good chance of this fitting.

The 18x9, 5x114.3, +40 is WAY less aggressive than the front's 17x8 +35. You'll need at least a 15mm spacer to make it look right..

True, I noticed that as well, but I just answered if they had 17/18's ;)

215/35/18 Front ONLY

Thanks. It seems a bit tough to find a matching set of tires that are high performance in these sizes. Best I came up with are the BFG KDW's in 215/35/18, and 265/30/19. Does this seem like a decent setup and tire to run?

Or I could do dunlop direzza dz101's and bump the rear up to a 275

Last edited:
Thanks. It seems a bit tough to find a matching set of tires that are high performance in these sizes. Best I came up with are the BFG KDW's in 215/35/18, and 265/30/19. Does this seem like a decent setup and tire to run?

You should be find with those BFG KDW's in 215/35/18, and 265/30/19 :wink:.

picture.php

Has anyone else had this issue? The rivots are just flying off/Disappearing somehow during driving? Or do I just have a defected wheel? Barely Put these wheels on a few days ago and a friend pointed out to me yesterday that a few of my rivots were missing, then I barely touch one other one and it just snapped off? (Plastic Rivots) Any warranty on these wheels?

Hummm this is odd/weird. Does these rivots screw on? I would think it would be screwed on, Right?

I've run 275/35/19 rears with no problems ever for years.

Those rivets are just for show, to make it look like a multi piece wheel. Lot of the cheaper wheel manufacturers use them like that (glued on). No reason to worry, they are not functional ;)

Last edited:
Any updates on these wheels...look good(except for the rivots falling off) are they holding up and are the rivots still all there???

I see now that esm offers them in gun metal, white and original silver...

Last edited:
Still running mine with no issues so far. No rivot issues with mine either.

Still running mine with no issues so far. No rivot issues with mine either.

Nice, seeing yours made me start thinking about these wheels....look great!!! What suspension are you running???

I have a set of 18/19's with Dunlop Direzzas and less than 1000 miles, complete with lugs and center caps. I would like to clear the space in my garage.
I installed a set of AVS Model 5's and plan to stick with them.
PM me if someone is interested.

For anyone who wants stock-looking center caps for their ESM wheels, or any other aftermarket wheel, here's how I made mine. They turned out pretty good.

1) Prepared the center caps. I cleaned the center caps with alcohol and applied 3 or 4 coats of black Plasti Dip. I did this so there wouldn't be any possibility of damaging the finish if I ever wanted to remove the decals, and the Plasti Dip peels off easily when you need to. I peeled the Plasti Dip off of the outer rim of the caps and just left the center part (where the decal will go) painted.

2) Made the image for the center cap. I downloaded a chrome-ish Acura logo and added a round black background layer. You can use any color combination you want, of course.

3) Made the layout. Using MS Word and a standard template to match the sticker paper I was going to use, laid out the center cap images so they'd be in the center of each sticker. The paper I ended up using has four stickers per sheet, but you can also buy paper where the whole sheet is one sticker.

4) Printed the labels. I bought water resistant labels for laser printers at Office Depot. You can order higher-quality paper online, but this stuff seems to work fine. Office Depot printed the labels for me for about 50 cents a sheet.

5) Apply the labels. Just cut out the stickers and stick them on the center caps. It's not difficult, but you need to stay with them for a half hour or so in case any air bubbles pop up. Mine had a couple of bubbles, but squashed them when the popped up, and none have reappeared. I previously tried two different sets of vinyl center cap labels that I bought online, and both developed air bubbles. I think it's because our center caps are so convex. After this step there were a few pin head-sized white spots where I had rubbed the black ink off with my fingernails when smoothing out air bubbles. After touching them up with an india ink pen, the white spots are gone.

6) Apply gloss coat. At this point, the center caps look pretty good, but you can tell that they're paper. I sprayed on a few coats of Krylon Crystal Clear acrylic coating to waterproof them, protect them from fading or yellowing, and make them shine. This hard, glossy coating makes them look and feel like plastic. You wouldn't know from looking at them that they're home made.

That's it. I don't know for sure how long they'll last, but after a month of use, two washings, and a professional detailing, mine look as good as when I made them. If you're interested in making some, shoot me a message and I'll send you image I made. A few pics of my caps are below.

IMG_0433 (1024x768).jpgIMG_0432.jpgView attachment 117588IMG_0389 (1024x768).jpgIMG_0436 (1024x768).jpg

Back