• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Esprit Body Kit for the NSX Any interest

We have 2 customers interested in this body kit seen here on the Esprit demo car. It was designed and produced by Sorcery. If we can get a few more people interested in buying parts from this kit. Sorcery will begin production. We are very interested in carrying products that the NSX community is interested in, so please state your opinion.

Thanks

large_04.jpg

No offense, but what's is so different than what is currently available?

Bumper:
Sorcery99 Bumper. Already available, bumper cut and ducts added.

Headlights:
Painted Marga Hills lens shields.

Hood:
Advance Flat-Out. Already available.

Front fenders:
Advance Flat-Out Wide Front Fenders. Already available.

Mirrors:
GruppeM Aero Mirrors. Already available.

Side skirts:
Modified Marga Hills side skirts, currently available as Lechers RITMO side skirts.

Rear quarter panel:
TAITEC rear quarter with grafted rear canard. Already available.

GT High-Wing:
Advance Flat-Out. Already available.

You can see the complete Advance part listing here: http://www.get-info.com/advance/index01.html

Cheers,
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

http://sacramento.nsxca.org/Events/thunderhill_driving_school_4-02.htm

I agree... I'm biased though; I really, really hate that combat/boy racer type look.

It pains me everytime I see that look applied to any of the Japanese sports cars (Supra, RX7, etc.)

I almost always prefer either factory fresh, or subtle enhancements...

Assuming it would be a 1991 NSX, it looks like a $15000 depreciation to me..........

[This message has been edited by DutchBlackNsx (edited 10 April 2002).]

I rarely chime in on these "opinion" type threads,since this is what often polarizes the stock vs mod camp,And age may play a roal, but what the hay.I bet if that car was monochromatic and all of us were seeing it in the flesh it might win more favor.Thats why its called the "boy racer" look.Of course this comes from a guy who drives a "bumblebee"which Ken secretly would love to own! While I'm at it,I must say I love the posts of folks who dis the nsx as overpriced,unspecial and are perplexed why it is so covetted by those who own one recommending cars xyz as better,,,well I recently returned from A week in which I was able to pack for a weeks worth of golf and formal event,as well as Trish"s stuff,and got in a track day at lime rock doing leisurly 1:05 laps and puttered in bumper to bumper traffic without a hickup.All the while comfortable with a/c at the ready! give me another midengine sports car that would do any better!Please!

Opinions:

(1) Some of the parts look like interesting add-ons. The overall effect is a bit over-the-top for some, but IMO would not look out of place on a dedicated track or show car.

(2) I suspect some parts (front bumper, side steps) will sell more; others (race wing, wide fenders) cater to a more specialized crowd.

Question: Presumably bodykits this low have some sort of ride-height adjustable suspension, to allow it to access steep ramps and driveways. What are people's experience with such systems, presumably coil-over with simple adjustments ??

Can we see more pictures/views of the car??
I'd like to see the rear - quarter view, if possible. Thanks.

------------------
Manuel C
www.geocities.com/mcantoria/mc-toys.html

sig-front-top-100h.jpg
sig-left-front-100h.jpg
sig-rear-100h.jpg

Originally posted by ScienceofSpeed:
No offense, but what's is so different than what is currently available?
The difference is that there will be multiple alternative sources of supply.

IMO this is good for us buyers/owners:
- more availability (inventory in stock) with more predictable delivery
- better prices (economies of scale, hedge against yen-$, reduced shipping costs)

Now... some might argue that having more of these racey-looking aftermarket parts is in itself a bad thing, but that's another discussion.

I was in Chinatown the other day, and I really like "hot sizzling rice soup". Prefer chicken over shrimp.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by docjohn:
Of course this comes from a guy who drives a "bumblebee"which Ken secretly would love to own!

I don't know about wanting to own one - I don't like black cars, since they're so difficult to keep looking good all the time - but I think John's car is a good example of a relatively moderate modification. Gets a lot of positive comments without being over the top.

Click here for a photo of John's car on the track at NSXPO 2001.

I recently returned from A week in which I was able to pack for a weeks worth of golf and formal event,as well as Trish"s stuff,and got in a track day at lime rock

Hmmm... Let me guess. You either brought your track tires in the NSX with you, or you brought Trish in the NSX with you, but not both... right?
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 10 April 2002).]

I would prefer that everyone buys this kit and installs it except for myself. That way I will have the last original bodied NSX. I wonder what that would be worth? Butchery I say, butchery.

Wow strong opinions. Well everyone has different taste. The main concern here, are the front and rear fenders and the New style Sorcery front bumper. Sorcery would be willing begin production on these products if there is an interest.

Please do visit Advance Flat Out. Cybernation is now the exclusive US agent for Sorcery and flat-Out. Some pics of Sorcery and Advance Flat-Out
http://www.itonsite.net/html/shopping/NSX/nsx.htm

Are there any pictures of that front bumper without the front canards and
non-wide front fenders? I like that front bumper a lot, but I think it will
scrape like crazy if you use it as a street car. Especially, since most
people who use that bumper will also have a lowered car.

I'm curious to talk to people who have that front bumper with canards AND
Taitec diffuser. If the front canards create enough downforce, it might
be a good track solution since there are so many products out there that
create rear downforce.

look.Of course this comes from a guy who drives a "bumblebee"which Ken secretly would love to own! While I'm at it,I must

Oh man! I just took a look at the pic of your car that Ken linked to... I doubt you'll remember this, but we passed each other on the higway about 3 weeks ago!

It was in PA on 80W (I think it was 80). I was heading out to the Poconos. A black NSX with yellow mirrors flew past in the opposite direction and my wife and I went nuts.

We figured what were the chances of running into another NSX? I told her that I'd bet it was one of the forum guys!

Think that was that you?

JMHO, but body kits like these take something that is tasteful and has class, and turns it into something that is tacky. They take the NSX out of the realm of the exotics and into the realm of boy racers To each their own........

Originally posted by ScienceofSpeed:
Bumper:
Sorcery99 Bumper. Already available, bumper cut and ducts added.
Is this the same one sold here for $1210 ?? --> http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum13/HTML/000203.html ??

I like this better than the Taitec/JGTC front bumper. Does it work with stock width (OE or aftermarket) fenders ?? Also, how much LOWER does it extend, compared to stock (for "scraping" considerations).

Headlights:
Painted Marga Hills lens shields.

Are other units available? Personally, I prefer something with flat/flush-fitting Lexan or glass shields, ala Ferrari F40. SoS used to sell these awhile back.

Originally posted by nsx1164:
Are other units available? Personally, I prefer something with flat/flush-fitting Lexan or glass shields, ala Ferrari F40. SoS used to sell these awhile back.

This one?

raybrig_JGTC_HID.jpg

Still got it: http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/TAITEC/JGTC_fixed_headlights/

Cheers,
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

http://sacramento.nsxca.org/Events/thunderhill_driving_school_4-02.htm

Personally, I like the raciness of the bodykit. I would never slap it on my car the way its presented, but I think you folks have to understand that the above pic is advertisement. And as such, its supposed to attract attention. Most pics of bodykits like that are designed to exude a resemblance to the JGTC race NSX's. If you want to call that the boy racer look, so be it.

I love the way the NSX looks stock. It's a beautiful car. But everything can be improved. Even an F360. Well... maybe. hehe =)

Example: Stock rims... hideous. (Excluding 97+) Especially the chrome ones.

If I had the opportunity to put a widebody kit on my car with a sorcery front bumper, wings west rear valance, and some side skirts... I wouldn't even hesitate a second.

Originally posted by 8000RPM:
I agree with Kenji that the car looks racy. I wouldn't mind having that look if I were to build a track-only NSX.

Sans the stickers though.

Unless the combined parts were wind tunnel tested (zero chance of that) a track car would be the worst reason for doing that. It's a good bet that the losses are greater than the gains.

As for my opinion of the kit, it may not be the absolute ugliest NSX I ever saw, but it's pretty ugly.

[This message has been edited by sjs (edited 10 April 2002).]

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are body kits available for the F360 as well. If so, I'm sure some of them are mild, and some of them are ugly, too.

Hamann makes subtle body styling kits for the 360 Modena:
http://www.fast-autos.net/hamann/hamann360.html

BTW,
Who makes the rear spats? Where can i get them?

[This message has been edited by ck (edited 10 April 2002).]

Yes spooky that was me.Who was in SoHo NY. on Easter eve?Silver coupe, work? wheels.I also know what you mean about the kits for the supercars of the 70"s and 80"s.These youghsters should see the old Greenwood vettes and Koenig anything,B&B porsches, ect.Even Lambo went crazy on there 25'th countach.To each his, or her own.Oh and Ken I drove up and back with my Advans ,Yokohama says They are "for the sporty drive".

Actualy this is fun. I love the names that Japanese tuners give themselves.So I'll Start:My wish list:Widebody kit by Crackho ,Rear diffuser by backdoor special,Cannards by Buddy dump,lexanhatch by Pasta fagiole,Sideskirts by Rube Goldberg,Four scoop hood by Supremo Alexandro Mafugma,and seats by Bride of Frankenstein! Any one else?

Back