• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ever have one of those day?

You ever go for a drive in your NSX and it just feels faster? You didn't add or change a dang thing... it's just one of those days where somehow it seems more awesome than usual? Yeah I just had one of those. Love my NSX :biggrin:

Well Over here in the north east where we actually have four seasons, the car feels much faster in the colder months vs the warmer months. In the winter the car feels surprisingly peppy, where in the summer you feel the engine strain.

Well Over here in the north east where we actually have four seasons, the car feels much faster in the colder months vs the warmer months. In the winter the car feels surprisingly peppy, where in the summer you feel the engine strain.
Putting the AC on during the summer is like stepping on the brakes, don't need it in the winter. With snow, ice, salt and sand, my car is fast (asleep)and not going anywhere soon!!!!:biggrin:

Considering my DD is a Honda Fit...I call those days you described, weekends! :biggrin: After being in the Fit all week, the NSX is a breath of fresh air. :redface:

maybe all of us carguys all over the world can figure out how to add more NO2 to our atmosphere:biggrin:

Love those days; I had one yesterday. Could be the cooler air, could be driving carpools in the MDX for 3 weeks straight :biggrin:

good point! my dd is a landcruiser,so the ocasional drive in the nsx is like driving an alms prototype:biggrin:

did you just wax it? the days I wax my NSX and drive it make me like the car more.

cold days ALL car have an extra 7-8 HP and more pep due to the cold air

dont quote me on those numbers

I don't get why this happens when there is no change in the weather....

Sometimes the car feels like the AC is on and the brakes too then other days the engine runs great......wtf?

maybe you're feeling the effects of 1/4 tank of gas vs full tank?

Maybe but usually it doesn't matter how full or empty my tank is...

cold days ALL car have an extra 7-8 HP and more pep due to the cold air

dont quote me on those numbers

It's not an absolute number for all cars like the above that wouldn't make sense. It's a percentage hp increase in relation to reduction in intake temperature. Off the top of my head I think a good approximation is about a 1% increase in HP for every 11F drop in temperature.

Edit: and to answer the OP, yes I do have days where it just feels stronger...usually on days where I have been driving something else for a while and then decide to take the NSX for a spin.

Last edited:
NSX hold 115 pounds of gas. So if you were low vs full it could be a 100 lb difference, which would be a noticeable difference. But im guessing the difference is psychological

Well in the winter my car feels really slow. Probably because its parked in the garage with all the snow and salt on the roads.

Man after driving my Prius all week or all week when it's raining --my NSX feels great - for sure it feels better in the autumn and spring. There is definitely an optimum temperature for driving and sometimes you just hit it just right and the car gets warmed up just right and it feels GREAT - *like Tony the Tiger says* GREAT! You betcha - I think my car operates best when the outside air temp is about 55 to 65 degrees. If it gets real cold it doesn't like it anymore than if it gets really hot.

Temperature makes a big difference and if the air is cool and a little moist - it's great! Couple that with a half full gas tank - you got it just right! Absolutely I have a few of those days every year Spring and Fall. Can't wait.....but I'm going driving this weekend when the streets dry out a bit cause I washed it up and cleaned it - don't want it to get dirty.

I think my car operates best when the outside air temp is about 55 to 65 degrees. If it gets real cold it doesn't like it anymore than if it gets really hot.

After your cars warmed up properly, I wouldn't see why running at colder temperatures would make your car run worse.

After your cars warmed up properly, I wouldn't see why running at colder temperatures would make your car run worse.

Well, have you ever run when it's really cold - you can get warmed up running all you want but it's harder to perform when it's either too hot or too cold - same with a car - at least that's my experience. Just doesn't feel as good, the parts just don't seem like they move with ease - that's all I can tell you - it's all by feel.

Back