• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ever let an NSX fan that you don't know, drive your car?

All the time, especially Prime members (just ask RYU, LMR, Codeblue, TAG, jordansx etc.) and all my co-workers.

It's funny though because generally people are more afraid of my car then the other way around. I keep telling them to push it and they end up babying it. Them 550 wheel horse ponies need to be freed!

Last edited:
Awesome stories. Cap'n, I bet you made that guy's day. Nicely done. Yeah I've thrown my NSX keys to various people too - it always brings a smile to my face when I see that it brings a smile to theirs. :D

Almost a year later I have to reiterate my gratitude to local primer Yawwn for letting me drive his 91' yellow Comptech widebody. It was very brave and generous of him to meet up with a random stranger from the internet and hand over the keys!

That day, enthusiasm turned to obsession and I started down the path to picking up my purple princess.

.... "you made my whole year man, thanks a lot.....

Was this on new years eve 2012?

- - - Updated - - -

All the time, especially Prime members (just ask RYU, LMR, Codeblue, TAG, jordansx etc.) and all my co-workers.

It's funny though because generally people are more afraid of my car then the other way around. I keep telling them to push it and they end up babying it. Them 550 wheel horse ponies need to be freed!

well i would be afraid.... just look at the size of ur arms....

Heh, mine is basically stock and I have to tell people to push it past 4k for megafuntimes! Everyone drives it like an Accord, shift so early...

Id push that to get 550 ponies to the max. 440 hp on a turbo is fast, yours must reallllyyy pull. As for others driving it, I rarely do. It's so low and the lip isn't plastic so I don't want a chunk of it taken out. My dad has driven it twice since I've owned it lol.

Awesome stories. Cap'n, I bet you made that guy's day. Nicely done. Yeah I've thrown my NSX keys to various people too - it always brings a smile to my face when I see that it brings a smile to theirs. :D

Gee, let me think!

I stopped at a Batteries Plus yesterday, and asked the 20 something behind the counter if they took old motorcycle batteries back for recycling. Without ever making eye contact with me, because he was locked on my NSX, he said "we only take returns if people give us rides in NSXs". I laughed, we talked cars for a minute, he gushed about the NSX a little, and I left.
An hour or so later I was driving by again and decided to take a risk. I poked my head in the door and asked him, "wanna drive it?". He just looked stunned, probably thought I was joking. So I said, "can you leave work for 5 minutes? You can take it around the block". He practically ran around the counter, yelled "Taking a break!" to his boss, and we did a square mile, 4 right turns. He started out respectfully driving it like an old man, so I told him to wring it out a little, which he then did. He thanked me profusely, declared that he would own one some day, and I left.
I know, he might have cracked up my car, and I'd have to go to prison for attempted murder; but it sure made his day, more likely made his whole month, and I feel good about it.
So how do you feel about letting people drive your NSX?

Yes, I have done that quite a bit. It is amazing the reactions you get. Of course, I pay attention to their general demeanor first before offering the keys, as I am not looking to just hand out a one way ticket to trouble, but the pluses are worth the risks. I have people come up to me to this very day that I either met 10 years ago and let them drive my car, or that know someone that I met and let them drive my car, and whom still talk about it. The world is small like that. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Um anyone in MN? I wanna drive a NSX. Seriously i've only ridden once in Mikey's car. Never asked to drive and now he has just sold it. Bummer!

If you find yourself near Indianapolis, let me know. You can drive mine.

- - - Updated - - -

The more I think about this, I really have done this a lot. LOL! A few years ago I went to NSXPO in Ohio and let the nice gentleman from Japan who has come over from the NSX Club Of Japan several times take my NSX, and I had never met the man before. I told him that it did not seem right that he was here from Japan without an NSX, and he should take mine. Then I hopped into another NSX and rode in their car while the nice Japanese man drove mine alone. Seemed like the right thing to do.

Then this other time I was at a party in Ohio with some S2000 friends and the kid who was hosting mentioned that he loved the NSX and kept talking about it so I said, 'Here you go! Go ahead and take it for a drive....just remember one thing. You break it, you bought it,' and smiled and walked away. He was gone for 40 minutes, but came back smiling so big it was priceless. The really funny part was that intermittently while he was gone you would hear my Taitec JGTC Parallel Exit exhaust singinging in the distance. HAHAHAHAHA!! :tongue:

Last edited:
I went to a meet a few years ago really just to admire the cars. Chatted with a few owners, took a bunch of pictures, and before I knew it, when they were getting ready to go on their cruise, an owner offered to let me drive. Although I would have loved the experience, I had to decline as I always had a rule that if I drive a car that is not mine, I have to be able to afford to replace it completely in the case of insurance not doing their duty. That was also when I was just finished with College and had very little savings.

Very happy to be part of this forum eventhough I do not yet have an NSX. Will definitely be adding one in the coming years.

I still remember back in 1998, when I was a med student... an anesthesiologist knew i was a huge car fan. Took me for a ride in his NSX, then asked if i drove a stick.. Then tossed me the keys... even let me run it to red line a few times... that was AWESOME. I still see him around.. great guy, and made my entire year.

I've let a number of people drive my FGT as well as my NSX... only issue I have now is that the FGT is SO stupid fast ( i crushed v8killer's lovefab turbo with built motor easily.... and that was 100 rwhp ago!) as is my NSX, that it makes me nervous now letting people drive...i can barely control my nsx, and that's with plenty of seat time... and the FGT... well lets just say it gets up to speed QUICK... I'd still let frank drive (NSXMAS) cause he's a friend, and I know he drives like a gramma! The ones i'd worry about are the ones who think they can handle a fast car.. but don't realize that the SC nsx they have actually isn't that fast.

Um anyone in MN? I wanna drive a NSX. Seriously i've only ridden once in Mikey's car. Never asked to drive and now he has just sold it. Bummer!

Where in MN are you?

Yes. His son on another forum messaged me and asked if I would give him a ride for Father's day last year. His dad had always been a huge NSX fan but had never posessed the means to get one.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/162997-Hey-Prime-Meet-Dick-He-is-a-huge-NSX-Honda-Fan

You are welcome to drive mine this spring when it comes out. Where are you located?

I would let anyone drive it that asked me. but not over 45mph and redline is a no no inless im doing it. LOL

good for you for letting him drive it. thats freaking bad ass. dont do it again. LOL

I don't let people i don't know drive any car i own let alone my NSX. I wouldn't let someone i didn't know drive a $500 civic if i owned it. I would let people i know drive it though if i feel as if they are responsible and respectable

Never let anyone drive mine yet... But undoubtably will come spring.

I had a chance to drive an f430 spider f1 owned by a brother of a friend of my wife ... I have never forgotten it... And I sent him a card 2 days later thanking him for sharing his toy

Letting people enjoy these toys is a mich bigger deal than you might think

I never miss the chance to help the car hobby along. Chances are, if you're an enthusiast you'll take care of the car when driving; especially if I'm right there beside them.

Back