• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Exedy Clutch for NSX

Hello,

I received a reply form Exedy, and I don't find my 700Nm clutch :(
I see on this board, RPS has problem with rivet :(

For 500-550lb, can you say me the best clutch for my NSX Turbo ?

Hello,

I inform of max torque for each Clutch.

①Exedy Single Disc Cerametallic Clutch
 ・・・・・・・・蕃佚辨喇稜姪・・・€、鈞齔・銛轤纈哉醗貫勅碣€ュ暑u凾タ 448N・瘢雹m

⑥髟阡・・祷繖・嚔鈑跂€チ癇硼迸堤黹€チ跿・莠碣€ュ暑u凾タ ・・・・・・・・蕃佚辨蛋丗藁㌘・・・€、鈞齔・銛轤纈哉醗貫塚端碣€ュ暑u凾タ This number was discontinued.

③Exedy Dual Cerametallic Disc Clutch
 ・・・・・・・・蕃佚辨葉猛・侈壮摘髟阡・・碵雹€・冴肓ク藩葦禾勅碣€ュ暑u凾タ 570N・瘢雹m

④Exedy Dual Carbon Disc Clutch
 ・・・・・・・・蕃佚辨蛋丗藁㎞・・・€、鈞齔・銛轤纈哉涌渦啾傭閏碣€ュ暑u凾タ 540N・瘢雹m~700N・瘢雹m

Thank you
EXEDY SBC
T.Kamachi

Use the:

③Exedy Dual Cerametallic Disc Clutch

I have it, can't imagine it not holding up to 550HP. Tilton Carbon/carbon is the other option.

Ive been told by some friends of mine that exedy clutches are hit or miss some hope up some don't, I'm in the market for a clutch and the owner of a local tuner shop who owns an NSX recommended using a spec3 clutch so I am going to try one and see how it feels.

Ive been told by some friends of mine that exedy clutches are hit or miss some hope up some don't, I'm in the market for a clutch and the owner of a local tuner shop who owns an NSX recommended using a spec3 clutch so I am going to try one and see how it feels.

How much did this clutch cost U? is this clutch single or double disc?

thanks J

FYI, after having a bunch of trouble with my first RPS clutch..... i got it covered under warranty from RPS, and the new one is fine (so far) i put 1600 miles on it so far, and there are no problems.

it's weird that i had the same exact problem as somebody who bought their RPS around the same time. but, RPS is reputable and they are very good people to deal with. if you had your heart set on the RPS, i wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

i know for my first install there were other factors that could have contributed to the disc's failure.

Back