• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Exhaust heat shield damaged

The heat shield that goes around the muffler for the exhaust is bent a tiny bit from an off road trip I took. My insurance offered to waive my 1k deductable inorder to not replace it because they'ed have to replace the entire exhaust for $1,500 since you can't just order the heat shield, and the exhaust is fine. So I took a look at it and said fine cause it was so minor and I didn't even notice it until they showed me.
So I'd like to know where I can just get the shield or any advice as far as having it pushed/nocked back in place, would it need to be welded as well??

Anybody - are all years sheilds the same?

Dan - What year is your car?

Dan Ciesniewski said:
... My insurance offered to waive my 1k deductable inorder to not replace it because they'ed have to replace the entire exhaust for $1,500 since you can't just order the heat shield, and the exhaust is fine. So I took a look at it and said fine cause it was so minor and I didn't even notice it until they showed me. ...
Are you saying they waived your deductible on the other repairs in exchange for your sticking with the original exhaust? That sounds like a real win-win IMO - they saved $500 and you saved $1000 - pretty good deal all round (if I'm understanding correctly)
Now you're wondering if you can still return your exhaust to "like-new"?
Well, you've already established that the heat-shield is not a replaceable item - but since you actually had to be pointed out the minor issue, why bother?

D'Ecosse said:
Are you saying they waived your deductible on the other repairs in exchange for your sticking with the original exhaust? That sounds like a real win-win IMO - they saved $500 and you saved $1000 - pretty good deal all round (if I'm understanding correctly)
Now you're wondering if you can still return your exhaust to "like-new"?
Well, you've already established that the heat-shield is not a replaceable item - but since you actually had to be pointed out the minor issue, why bother?

Yep!!!! good deal eh? Can't wait to see how much my ins. increases though.
Plus I get 4 new tires, and front repray, painted front valance, and 02+ "A" emblem, all I was going to do anyway!!! KICKA$$!!! all I have to pay is $309 for some depreciation on the two nondamaged tires

oh, I can stick my finger in the gap, it would just bother me a bit, and I don;t want anything getting in there, nothing more :)

Dan Ciesniewski said:
Yep!!!! good deal eh? Can't wait to see how much my ins. increases though.
Plus I get 4 new tires, and front repray, painted front valance, and 02+ "A" emblem, all I was going to do anyway!!! KICKA$$!!! all I have to pay is $309 for some depreciation on the two nondamaged tires

oh, I can stick my finger in the gap, it would just bother me a bit, and I don;t want anything getting in there, nothing more :)

Dan where are you getting your body work done at? I'm just curious.

timothyaw said:
Dan where are you getting your body work done at? I'm just curious.

Penske Honda, hope they do a good job. When I talked with them before I took it in they seemed very knowledgable of the NSX and aliminum and were even joking abit about past ones they fixed, and a red one thats been in several times, so I feal safe.

Hey, when it's done, can I compare the paint job to yours? I'm partcially color blind and want to make sure it's right, btw your car is FAR more beautiful than mine, maybe I need to wash it more :)

Dan Ciesniewski said:
Penske Honda, hope they do a good job. When I talked with them before I took it in they seemed very knowledgable of the NSX and aliminum and were even joking abit about past ones they fixed, and a red one thats been in several times, so I feal safe.

Hey, when it's done, can I compare the paint job to yours? I'm partcially color blind and want to make sure it's right, btw your car is FAR more beautiful than mine, maybe I need to wash it more :)

Yeah let me know when you get it back, we'll have to meet up. As far as which one is more beautiful, don't think so. They both look good :biggrin:
I mainly drive mine on weekends, I do wash it every weekend I take it out. Let me know when you get yours back so we can meet up!

Back