• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Exotic car show participants needed

Hello All,
My name is Tom Clark, from Mechanicsburg, PA. Just wanted to let everyone know that there will be an exotic car show on April 30, 2011 in Hershey, Pennsylvania. This show is a fund raiser for the non profit organiztion "Castaway Critters". They are a no-kill animal rescue in central Pennsylvania.

The show will be held at the beautiful Antique Automobile Museum in Hershey. Your $20.00 donation will allow you to show your car, get you a complimentary breakfast and lunch in the owners tent, as well as admission into the museum. "Sports Car Digest" will be covering the event.

We have just started posting this on various exotic car forums. We already have about 20 Ferrari's, a couple Lamborghini's, a few Lotus's and Vipers, one Ford GTX1, and a smattering of others that total up to about 40 cars thus far.

We are currently working on advertising/brochures/flyers for the event and we need YOUR NSX's to enter. We need photos of cars that will actually be in attendance for our advertising. If you are attending and would like to have a pic of your car in the promotional items, please email them to me at: [email protected]

Guys, this is for a super worthy cause. Castaway Critters web site is: www.castawaycritters.org

We have just started a page dedicated to the show. It will be updated this weekend with a list of attending cars and pics. If you send me pics, we will automatically photoshop out the license plate or anything else that you tell us you would like removed.

Thanks for your consideration and participation.

The initial list of participants in now on the website. This list will be updated regularly. Surely there must be an NSX owner with compassion for animals

I'm an animal lover, just cant do saturdays. Looks like a good time and an even better cause! :wink:

Thankyou "The Kid" and "Juice" for your replies. I was beginning to think I was typing in invisible ink.

I fully understand both of the issues. There are many Saturdays that I have to work. And I agree, Columbus is a loooong haul. Thankyou both for your consideration.

I really would like to get a few NSX's there. They're awesome cars and you just don't see them very often. I'm sure someone will chime in.

Surely there must be an NSX owner with compassion for animals.

I happen to love dogs even more than NSX's. Will be signing up shortly when I find my NSX photos. I will be entering the car!
Rich

Check is in the mail. Looking forward to help find homes for them. :smile:

As one who has rescued a dog, I know this is a great cause. :smile: I would be happy to make the 2 1/2 hour drive to enter my NSX. I'll send along an e-mail shortly with a pic, and drop the $20 entry fee in the mail tomorrow. Even if for some reason I can't make it, I know that the $20 will be put to good use. Best wishes for a successful show.

Rich, looks like we may finally be able to meet!

Last edited:
As one who has rescued a dog, I know this is a great cause. :smile: I would be happy to make the 2 1/2 hour drive to enter my NSX. I'll send along an e-mail shortly with a pic, and drop the $20 entry fee in the mail tomorrow. Even if for some reason I can't make it, I know that the $20 will be put to good use. Best wishes for a successful show.

Rich, looks like we may finally be able to meet!

jukngene,

Thanyou very, very much. And good on you for the rescue. Sending the $20 is a compassionate gesture if you can't attend, but of course we really would like for you to make the event.

Tom

I've put it in my calendar, and I'd sure like to participate... but, given the distance from MA I may not be able to make it. Sounds like a great cause and a cool event.

-Wick

I've put it in my calendar, and I'd sure like to participate... but, given the distance from MA I may not be able to make it. Sounds like a great cause and a cool event.

-Wick

That would really be a drive. No doubt you would win the greatest distance traveled award. Thanks for considering it.

Is there a deadline for this? I want to come, but I am not sure if my will be ready.
Thx

Syndicate,
The registration deadline is April 10th. We are really trying to get people to register early. The whole idea of the show is that is a fundraiser. The more people signed up, the better is looks to potential advertisers. At 20.00, we're not making anything on guys who show their cars, considering food, museum admission, and what we're paying the museum to hold the show there. We have not even approached sponsors/advertisers yet, as we need peope registered as a bargaining chip. With that said, the more that register and the earlier they register, the greater advantage we have in getting sponsors.

Thanks for your consideration, and I really hope you're car is finished in time.

Tom

You and I sir have much in common!

And for the record, both of mine are rescues. They have been the greatest learning experience in my life.

I hear you. We, here at home, deal with rescues through my sister-in-law who operates a kennel and find-a-home type business for many strays.

Not to promote anything here but, you should read "Rescuing Sprite" by, Mark Levin. He is a "huge" dog lover. Forget his political leanings if you don't agree with them because it is about dogs only and he does not discuss politics in the book. My sister-in-law is missing out on such a wonderful story about how we love dogs, because she does not like the writer because of his politics. Such a shame that I can not get her to read it. :confused:

Rich

Check and registration form mailed today. :smile: I see you are already using the pic of my NSX on your website. :cool:

I had forgotten about "Rescuing Sprite". I remember Mark promoting the book on Rush. He used the book as a therapy of sorts. Unfortunately, I always end up crying when reading dog books. Dogs are the only soft spot on my heart that can do that.

Back