• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Exotics in Calgary

I got back to Houston from my trip to Calgary .. I really had a great time! Stayed in downtown Calgary, and last week saw this gathering in downtown.

167628754-M.jpg

167628335-M.jpg

167628212-M.jpg

167628647-M.jpg

167628581-M.jpg

Unfortunately, I didn't see any NSX-s there. But, it was fun to see these cars nevertheless.
I saw some of these cars again on the weekend on my way to Lake Louise.

The rest of my photos on downtown Calgary (and some more photos of the Lambos and Ferraris) can be accessed here.

Cheers .. Gus

Yep .. I did go around Lake Louise. My friend took me to Lakes Emerald, Louise and Moraine on saturday. Very beautiful! I really enjoyed it. I finally got the photos done, .. and you can access it here ..

Many thanks for your info .. We did go through Highway 1A .. unfortunately didn't see any grizzlies or elks that morning. Oh well .. next time .. :smile:

Cheers .. Gus

Great pictures! Looks like the weather held out for you. There are some excellent hike trails up there for your next time through. :smile: Tough not to take pictures up there, you can go through rolls of film or I guess digital storage is more apropriate now.

Those cats come to Edmonton once a year or so.
Not my favorite dudes, since they dis'd me on the street.
Was going to buy a vehicle from Z.R. but I got lied to and dissappointed, but then got turned on to the Nsx and never looked back.
I'm not mad or jealous, just disappointed with that group.
Trev

Hey Trev...you are right about this group...they are not the nicest people to be around...the owner - who probably brought every one of these cars into Calgary - hates the NSX...his money is family money - set up by his father - he used to own Nickelodeon Jeans when I was a kid and he had a silver Countache...he was very rude to me when I asked him about the car...lol. Class and wealth do not always intermingle...lol...and I would hate to have the maintenance costs that these ZR guys have to deal with. Exotic cars are cool...but they suck and are pointless when they are owned by a fool!:mad: A smile and a wave says more about a person and the car that he drives. And I find most NSX drivers to be just that...classy!

Dam:cool:

Hey Trev...you are right about this group...they are not the nicest people to be around...the owner - who probably brought every one of these cars into Calgary - hates the NSX...his money is family money - set up by his father - he used to own Nickelodeon Jeans when I was a kid and he had a silver Countache...he was very rude to me when I asked him about the car...lol. Class and wealth do not always intermingle...lol...and I would hate to have the maintenance costs that these ZR guys have to deal with. Exotic cars are cool...but they suck and are pointless when they are owned by a fool!:mad: A smile and a wave says more about a person and the car that he drives. And I find most NSX drivers to be just that...classy!

I do not know a single person who has a tad of respect for Zahir, I am amazed anyone purchases anything from the guy, his reputation is laughable at best. Nothing like a "riced out" 430 with racing stripes, black wheels and a cheesy Novitec spoiler, looks more Hyundai Tiburon than it does Ferrari. Great photo's however.

Someone pointed out the enzo owner to me when I had dinner at a Thai restaurant (Where I took some photos from as well). He does look like somewhat of a shady character. Just my observation from afar ...

As for the lakes .. you guys are sooooo lucky to have sceneries like that in your backyard! .. :) .. It sure was hard NOT to take any photos out there!! ... And the next time around, a hiking trip sounds like a GREAT idea!! :)

Here we go. Bring out your ZR sticks.:biggrin:

I was looking at the pictures again and I failed to notice that a number of those cars are Rhana's...lol...the Enzo, the yellow Gallardo and the ugly red Ferrari with black highlites are his own cars!! That was basically a Rhana show with his mindless minions driving his cars...lol...now that is pathetic. Calgary has oil money, but not the kind of money that Rhana thinks...thats why his car dealership is in one of the worst ends of Calgary...lol...and the people that know him...really know him...that being the ones that are of his religious and cultural background, know what he is really into...lol. As I say, let dogs lie with dogs...

After I looked at your pictures Rus I decided to go for a mountain drive on Saturday up to K-Country. Went over the pass to Longview on highway 40. Saw a group of cars stopped taking some pictures of what turned out to be a Grizzly about 20 yards off the road. There was about 10 cars stopped on the road side and 1 car driving in front of me and one behind. We slowly drove by and the Grizzly stood up on its back legs and looked right at me dropped back down and started to pace my car. Then he stood up again and looked again and then went running up into the bush.:eek:

Strange .....must have been my shiny Silverstone NSX that caught its eye. :smile:

I agree with the positive regard held by those who own NSX's. Hardly any NSX's in edmonton......(sigh)

But I have to admit, people who own STi's are also quite congenial. Whenever I drive by another STi (its my winter car) I always get a -wave-. At first I thought it was weird but now I'm doing it!

Well sir I don't mean to disagree because less than ten NSXS in our area is hardly a ton of cars but there are at least 3 reds, your black and a silverstone if Trev can find her again LOL. There is also a couple more in St. Albert, so at least seven. Are there any more that you folks know of in Alberta's Capital City? I think 1 more and we can have a western chapter of the Canadian Nsx owners club LOL!

A western chapter is a great idea...lol...as I can go weeks in Calgary without seeing another NSX! But i sure see lots of new Vettes, 350Zs and Lamborghinis...I have actually seen more Lamborghinis and Ferraris than NSXs...lol...Now that is way cool!!

I agree with the positive regard held by those who own NSX's. Hardly any NSX's in edmonton......(sigh)

But I have to admit, people who own STi's are also quite congenial. Whenever I drive by another STi (its my winter car) I always get a -wave-. At first I thought it was weird but now I'm doing it!

Funny, I have a Platinum Silver 05' STi that shares garage space with my 91' NSX as well, great duo. My STi does not do winter as it is cranked down on coilovers and with the V-Limited spolier it would be a great snow plough.

Back