• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

F1 Race in Montreal - Best Places to Sit?

I'm thinking of heading up to Montreal this year for the F1 race, since there is no US race this year. Does anyone know where some of the best places to watch are?

This will be my first time to Montreal, so if anyone has any other recommendations on things to do or see in the city, let me know.

It's a great race and place to visit. I went in 1998, hopefully things haven't changed much. I sat in the stands surrounding turns 1-2 and it was an awesome place to watch the race because that is where a lot of passing occurs, you can see the pit out so the frantic overtaking on pitstop strategy plays out there, and there's also a large TV monitor to watch the action elsewhere on the track. The first corner at the start of any GP is exciting because 22 cars are trying to squeeze through all at once.

If you go walking around the track on practice days, there is a chain link fence right alongside the track just before the hairpin. It opens to allow vehicles to pass into the circuit. It is the exact point where the cars begin braking from near 200mph for the slow hairpin and you're only 20 feet from the cars when they flash by at full song. Amazing thing to behold, but be prepared for hearing damage you won't regret.

I booked the trip through one of the two major GP vacation businesses. One is GP Tours and I can't remember the other one. I think I used the other one as it was more reasonable price wise. "Mario" was the owner and organizer of it. He was great to deal with. Anyway, Enjoy it.

David Anderson

Back