Factory 2013 NSX info sent to dealers

Forgot to take pics. Sorry this is the only one I have.

Photo%20Jan%2009%2C%2011%2055%2003%20AM.png

Huge lack of comments!! I dunno.... that front end is way too busy for me, but it has potential. But when I look at the pics and think NSX, the two aren't reconciling. Maybe it will just take time.

I dunno.... that front end is way too busy for me, but it has potential.

I don't mind the front and rear.

But when I look at the pics and think NSX, the two aren't reconciling. Maybe it will just take time.

Same here. I think if they would've kept the door scoop like the Avenger car, added some kind of integrated spoiler, and a better 5 spokes wheel (an easy fix), it could've won me over.

Still a little "beaky" for my tastes. But I'm surprised that it looks so good.

PLEASE Acura Don't call it an "NSX" oh please oh please ohpleasepleasepleaseplease *crosses fingers*

I love it! Front could get cleaned up a bit but it is miles ahead of the HSC and HSV concepts.

What I especially liked was that they're planning on racing it so the performance has to at least be competitive. And they're calling it an NSX.

Last edited:
My General Manager has just come back from A dealer meeting in LAS VEGAS. Acura has anounced several changes in the model line up with 2 new hybrids. A RL hybrid and CSX replacement also having a Hybrid replacement.
The big news at the meeting is the 2013 NSX. I was told that it looks great. it will be powered by a 3.7 V6 putting out 450HP. SHAWD. Front Mid engine. Hybrid power with two motors. All aluminium and lightweight. very limted numbers. 4-5 to each dealer. Should make NSX and Acura owners happy again.

Looks great - check (IMO :) )
3.7 V6 w/ 450hp - V6 yes, no details on displacement or output though
SH-AWD - yes
Front-mid engine - nope, rear-mid
Hybrid power with two motors - yep
All aluminum and lightweight, limited release - no details on these

The FR layout is a glaring miss, but getting the hybrid, two-motor, SH-AWD bits right suggest to me that somebody did have details on the actual car revealed today. Either the dealer meeting presenter deliberately gave bad info as a misdirection ploy, or the manager at the meeting or factorynsxtech misremembered what they were told.

factorynsxtech, do you recall if general price range was discussed?

I love it! Front could get cleaned up a bit but it is miles ahead of the HSC and HSV concepts.

What I especially liked was that they're planning on racing it so the performance has to at least be competitive. And they're calling it an NSX.

But will they be racing a hybrid car. That might be interesting. Isnt porsche racing a hybrid right now?

Did they ever mention about the price range? So Wingz and turbo2go... who won the bet?

Don't know yet, but based on history I will be right again and he will be wrong again and I will put that money towards my new NSX.

This was posted on Acurazine

Ford, Acura, Dodge, Porsche Win AutoWeek Awards for Detroit Auto Show
ford-fusion-

The redesigned 2013 Ford Fusion sedan, the new 2013 Dodge Dart, the sleek Acura NSX concept and the open-air 2013 Porsche 911 cabriolet have been singled out by the editors of Autoweek as award-winning vehicles at the 2012 Detroit auto show.

The new Fusion earned the Autoweek Editors' Choice Award for Best in Show. The aerodynamic design, backed up by a menu of EcoBoost four-cylinder engines, reaches dealer showrooms later this year.

"The Ford Fusion bucks the midsize-sedan trend of playing to the broadest common denominator," editor Wes Raynal said. "Where many of the big players are aiming for an inoffensively bland look, the Fusion delivers bold styling that projects a more luxurious message than we expect for its broad, family-car mission. The Fusion is built for the 99 percent, chock-full of 1 percent panache and punch."

Others considered for the Best in Show award were the Dart and the NSX.

dodge-dart.jpg&maxW=460

Most Significant

CEO Sergio Marchionne has pushed the Chrysler Group to move fast in overhauling its product lineup. And with an assist from corporate cousin Alfa Romeo, Dodge is climbing back into the compact-sedan game with the Dart.

Dodge started with a widened version of the platform used for the Alfa Romeo Giulietta and layered in an overhauled lineup of 4-cylinder engines and 6-speed transmissions. Aggressive styling completes the package.

Executive editor Bob Gritzinger said, "Dodge is reentering the crucial small-sedan market with a Fiat-based car that we think drills the target dead center. The bold Dodge styling, the sport-tuned Alfa Romeo Giulietta chassis and the attention to interior detail will draw buyers into the showroom, while the strong fuel economy and $15,995 starting price should close the deal. The Dart gives Dodge a highly competitive entry in a market segment where it hasn't been a player since the middle of the last decade."

Others considered were the Fusion, the BMW 3-series and the Cadillac ATS.

acura-nsx.jpg&maxW=460

Best Concept

In Acura's 25-year history, no other car has earned the luxury brand recognition the way the NSX sports car has, which was sold from 1990 through 2006. And Honda's luxury division used the Detroit show to signal its plans to revive the NSX. The concept revealed in Detroit has the heritage basics--two seats and a V6 mounted midship--but backs it up with a hybrid powertrain. Honda plans to build the car at a facility in Ohio.

"In a show filled with standout concepts, the NSX rose above all for its styling, performance potential and spiritual connection to the original, which remains a favorite of enthusiasts," news editor Greg Migliore said. "The new all-wheel-drive system intrigued our editors, and we look forward to the production execution in the next few years. The NSX received strong consideration for our Best in Show award, and it clearly topped all of the other concepts in Detroit."

Others on the short list in this category were the Lexus LF-LC, the Lincoln MKZ and the Toyota NS4.

Most Fun
911-cabrio.jpg&maxW=460

Porsche brought the open-top version of its redesigned 911 to Detroit and left with accolades for the good times on the road it promises.

Senior road test editor Natalie Neff said it was an easy choice. "Though whimsy sometimes wins out when it comes to our Most Fun choice, top-shelf performance in a premium package also turns our heads. We love the all-new Porsche 911, so it should come as no surprise that we would endorse a drop-top variant for our Most Fun car of the show--in this case, by acclamation."

Others considered were the Mini Cooper roadster, the Hyundai Veloster Turbo and the Mercedes-Benz SL.

The full report on the Autoweek Editors' Choice Awards will appear in the Feb. 6 issue of the magazine.

It's really growing on me guys... It's not a roll of quarters in my pocket, I am just really happy to see this car.

It has a lower roofline than the R8 by a lot. The side windows are sleeker and shorter.

It's hawt... I think she's going to be a looker with a few of the right mods. Like BAD ASS looker. I think you naysayers need to start revising...

I was thinking about the naysayers with the engine and hp that is being thrown around online. The current SH AWD TL in 6 speed manual form is putting out 305 hp from a 3.7 V6. I've read 0-60 times in the 5.2 ish range for that car. I believe that the NSX 2.0 motor being rumored as a 3.5 or a 3.7 with electric assist MUST be significantly quicker.

We may be able to trend the 3.5/3.7 hp figures in a similar relationship to what the Legend engines were to the NSX engine. So maybe another 70hp which would be in the neighborhood of 375 total?

With the hybrid config, I think that should be a potent powertrain. Key word: should, as we've been burnt before by NSX/successor concepts.

It's really growing on me guys... It's not a roll of quarters in my pocket, I am just really happy to see this car.

It has a lower roofline than the R8 by a lot. The side windows are sleeker and shorter.

It's hawt... I think she's going to be a looker with a few of the right mods. Like BAD ASS looker. I think you naysayers need to start revising...

Concur

I agree and would also like to point out and stress how different a car looks in photographs than in person. I always thought this was a problem for the NSX and more so for the R8. The R8 looks like a potato in some photos but not so much in person.

I dunno, it's not really doing it for me. I've looked at the picture every day hoping it will grow on me like some of my favorite music albums have. I never like those on the first listen, but after several they can become my favorite of all time. On the other hand, the new Lotus looks absolutely AMAZING!!

More Details on Acura NSX as 2013 Model Will Be Made in America
FY12_FV_NSX_WALLPAPER_06.jpg

The 2013 Acura NSX, which hit detroit like an automotive atom bomb to steal the show, is going to production, Honda says. What's more, it will be built in Ohio - the all-wheel drive supercar will be Made in America, starting this year. Plus a new video explains a few more details on this awesome concept's drive train.

Honda's Acura hit a square bullseye when they unveiled the Acura NSX Concept at the North American International Auto Show this year. The car made headlines and was one of the most talked about concepts unveiled in Detroit for the 2012 show. Now, Honda has committed to building the car and has given more details about how that will happen.

The Acura NSX will be a 2013 model and will hti showrooms late this year or early next. What's more, it will be built here in the U.S.A. at Honda's facilities in Ohio. Conceptual design and engineering work has been handed over to the company's Center of Research and Development in Raymond, Ohio where it will finish its engineering and production development. Many industry prognosticators are guessing that this means a production-ready version of the NSX may be seen at another auto show this year.

The 2013 Acura NSX will feature all-wheel drive with Acura perhaps learning a lesson from rival Audi, who's perfected the idea. Like its namesake predecessors, the 2013 Acura NSX will feature a mid-mounted V6 engine, but unlike them, it will have a 7-speed transmission integrated with electric motors to drive the rear wheels and another pair of independent electric motors up front to power the front wheels. This gives the car a lot of advantages.

Its chief advantage will be power off the line, likely giving the NSX a lightning fast quarter mile speed. Its 0-60mph ratings will definitely be rubber-laying. Another advantage will be control. Having two independent motors on the front axle of a rear wheel car is something Audi has demonstrated in many of its supercar concepts before, such as the eTron. It means the motors can be independently controlled to give the car maximum handling and wheel grip in curves and on uneven pavement.

Finally, Audi has a new twist on this design: regenerative braking while turning. Since the inside wheel often runs slower than the outer wheels in a curve, that inner wheel with a motor mounted can be used to regenerate electricity as it slows to control the turn. That gives both an unprecedented amount of control in the turn, but also a definite increase in efficiency.

This is demonstrated in a new short promotional video from Audi:

So along with edge-cutting design, the Audi NSX will have some industry-leading technology happening under the hood as well. This may become the most-anticipated new sports car we've seen for some time.

as was stated before, they will need a battery or storage capacitor system that can be discharged and recharged very quickly....and do it for many cycles to last years,,,,,,,,,,is there such a thing? All the rechargable batteries in my kids toys have to be replaced after about 200-300 cycles:rolleyes:

Back