• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fair price for a 1998 NSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.... after a number of years with a silver 1998 NSX I am reluctantly thinking of selling. It has 37,000 miles, excellent condition, no accidents, paint original and very clear, 1-2 very small rock chips. Interior immaculate. Only options is aftermarket exhaust and newer shift knob. Clean CarFax. Can I ask the forum what a fair price would be? I will probably list here first if I decide to sell. Thanks all, Steve (Western WA). PS: More pics available, I have the original muffler and shift knob.

My personal opinion is to list it on the high side and after a few months, or if you run in to a seller that you really like and connect with, drop the price a bit.

Going via haggerty: http://www.hagerty.com/valuationtools/HVT/VehicleSearch/Report?vbe=129114

Condition 1 is $72k which is steep, but Condition 2 is $56k. I would shoot somewhere in that range and adjust downwards as needed. To be 100% honest, I don't think you will get anywhere near $72k - but you may want to let the market answer that question rather than me.

Lovely car.

Attachments

• 1998NSX.jpg
    1998NSX.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
Thanks all. If I sell, I would want to move it quickly, so will price it more on the lower end. Hate to sell, but sometimes you can't have all the toys you want!

I'll give you 35 for it right now!

But seriously, nice car. Should command a very nice price. Lots of people prefer the original front-end styling but want the 3.2L/six speed. I assume it is a manual.

I just don't get it. There are tons of threads on pricing and countless numbers of car's sold or for sale on this forum and the other auto sales sites. Yet we still get these for sale posts disguised as questions. I'm not a car salesman, but even I know how to research NSX prices using the internet. Now the OP is asking a legitimate question and may not be actually marketing his car outside Prime's rules. I'd have no problem if the question was posed "what's the price range for a 1998 NSX" and not so specific to his car. I just checked the wiki and found this http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Pricing and it seems fairly accurate to what I've been seeing by watching sales here on prime and off Ebay. Just my .02. Sorry if I'm gripping but, I've noticed an increase in these types of threads. Maybe, a sub section in NSX's for sale requesting pricing information could help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back