• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fall drive in NW Arkansas

Hey Everyone

I am trying to put together a Fall drive in the mountains of Arkansas on Nov 6 and 7 and wanted to see who all would be interested in coming. We would start off in Fayetteville, and end up in Branson. MO for Sat night. I was figure if guys from Little Rock. St. Louis and Mempis wanted to all meet up in Branson we could have a small get together for the weekend. We can have a dinner and go to a show in Branson.

I have watched and over the last couple of years the best time to see the fall colors were around Nov 8 so this should be a really good time to have a nice drive in the mountains and see the fall color on the trees. If we get a number of people that want to go I will post the driving route up on the forum.

let me know what you guys think.

Jim

I'm sure a nice sized contingent from the Tulsa area would be interested.

I couldn't make it last year, but I am IN this time.
Can't wait to see and hear about the route. :D

Norm, Mick, Sheldon, Shawn, T-town guys....come on, some of us drove from AR last Fall to the OK drive.

I vote for more drive and less show...those shows scare me. :eek:
Beautiful area and time for a drive.

Here is the route I am preposing for the drive. it is only about 125 miles for the days. That would give people time to drive to NWA and back on Sunday.

I was thinking we would live around 10:30am or so and have lunch in Eureka Spring and then drive on up to Branson. The route takes us over by War Eagle Mill and the wooden bridge there and then over the Beaver Damn, and then back over Beaver one lane bridge again and then back down into Old Eureka Spring and then up north into Missouri across Table Rock lake and down into Branson from the north west side. where we can have dinner and a show. The first picture is the drive to Branson and the second picture is the trip coming back.

Attachments

• Fall Trip.jpg
    Fall Trip.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 243
  • return trip.jpg
    return trip.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 246
Rules for the trip......
1. No wet roads.....
2. No speeding!!...
I am in!!

Sorry. I won't be able to make it. I have three of my brothers and my son coming in for that week-end.

Looks like it will be a great drive. If it rains, and you choose another date, let me know.

Are you looking at your Canadian gauges again!!! That was 100 KPH!
You only thought you were going fast!!! Any POlice lurking here???
The dates and roads we are talking about are in code. And Steve
is my code name. Yeah, we are using code names!!

Jim / Steve / and the rest of the OK and AR gang.....

Sorry I can't make the drive this weekend.....will be in Germany that weekend.

Keep me posted on any future drives.

Chris
91 NSX

I would have no problem with it at all. I'd actually enjoy broadening the scope of the event a bit. What does everyone else think?

Could we get a list of confirmed drivers/cars started to see how big a group we have?

Well guys.

I have not heard from enough people that they wanted to go so I think we will just cancel this drive and wait until the weather gets nice in the spring again.

Jim

Back