• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fastest NA at Tsukuba 56.9

adding to what Billy observed ,this car seems to have a better balanced susp package,not the usual jdm oversteer stiff rear spring bias we are used to seeing.

The driver was pretty good. I wonder what tires he was using... and who that driver is.

Edit: http://ra64freddy.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/trnsx_11.jpg

Makes more sense now. Widebody, good aero, and wide tires that are probably the super sticky japanese-special tires. Quick none the less.

Funny, the first thing I thought about when ak first posted this was "I'd like to see what Billy could do around that track with that car." :biggrin:

adding to what Billy observed ,this car seems to have a better balanced susp package,not the usual jdm oversteer stiff rear spring bias we are used to seeing.
It's pretty much impossible to guess the spring rates or balance but the car has very little roll which still leads me to believe the car has high spring/bar rates but is offsetted by wide Japanese-special super sticky tires and the fact the car appears to have a good aero package. Japan's billiard-smooth tracks also don't hurt.

On higher speed tracks (search for other in-car) the driver leaves more on the table especially in longer transitions whereas Tsukuba is much tighter and slower (more point and shoot). He still appears to be better than most that i've seen.

Last edited:
That was pretty amazing!

Makes me wanna play Forza! LOL:biggrin:

56.379 is my best.
I was in my 1997 NSX with Soft Race tires, stock body, upgraded power to 418HP, but still N/A.:biggrin:

the tires are Advan A050!!
which is pretty amazing for a semi-R tires to break the 57 range!!! and its 245/265 17/18 combo!!!

It's pretty much impossible to guess the spring rates or balance but the car has very little roll which still leads me to believe the car has high spring/bar rates but is offsetted by wide Japanese-special super sticky tires and the fact the car appears to have a good aero package. Japan's billiard-smooth tracks also don't hurt.

On higher speed tracks (search for other in-car) the driver leaves more on the table especially in longer transitions whereas Tsukuba is much tighter and slower (more point and shoot). He still appears to be better than most that i've seen.

whatever the car has it does have good mechanical grip.To my eye most every other Japanese tuner car we have seen on track is a handful ,the driver always fighting the loose rear end.

the tires are Advan A050!!
which is pretty amazing for a semi-R tires to break the 57 range!!! and its 245/265 17/18 combo!!!

secret sauce A050's i bet.... remember, the A048's hks evo ran at buttonwillow blistered in about a lap or two.... :wink:

n

Fast is fast, damn..I loved it!!!!

The car it self its amazing.
click

I wonder what his real time is???? The video is definitely speeded up. Watch at the end when he shakes his fist.... I can't even shake my hand that fast and I have LOTS of practice (pun intended). :tongue:

BTW: All the Best Motoring videos are speeded up too. :)

I wonder what his real time is???? The video is definitely speeded up. Watch at the end when he shakes his fist.... I can't even shake my hand that fast and I have LOTS of practice (pun intended). :tongue:

BTW: All the Best Motoring videos are speeded up too. :)
Time the video by hand. I got 1:56.96 on my stopwatch.

I'm not convinced the video was sped up. Heck, there were people who claimed my in-car footage in the FXMD NSX was sped up too.

Not going to lie, but the speed seemed normal to me.

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2011/02/15/car-spotlight-gt-gt-kyushudanji-nsx.aspx

the body kit and under trays reminds me of DTM car more so than GT500... I have to say this is probably the only wide body nsx i really like appearance wise.

AY0F8270.jpg

notice the difference between these set of pics to the one MetalSpikeRacing posted above?? This car, like many of our track project, is still under transformation. I love this new cleaner side skirts and admire the on going development.
AY0F7752.jpg

Last edited:
It looks a lot like the Science of Speed NA1 car that Chris brought to the Vegas NSXPO. I'm not sure what it dynoed at but it did sound sweet. I would love to have a car like that for the track or even the street. Damn smog laws.:frown:
Kip's car seems to have more refinement in certain areas especially when you look at the inside of the front of the car. I mean it looks like he was using a stock radiator for this run and a stock brake master cylinder. I'm wondering what the car would do in a longer run concerning over heating. Still great sound from the engine bay and some real good driving.

Al

Back