• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Favorite gear?

I liked second gear so much that I removed the rest of them. Start in second, cruise down the highway in second, I LOVE SECOND GEAR! Fuel economy sucks though. Working on that...

2nd gear for tunnel runs :biggrin:, 3rd for cross country hacks .... And 6th for Vmax :cool:

As long as i'm still faster than LMR

What is it with you guys about being faster than me after getting SC'ed? First Supersonic now you.:rolleyes:

I cant wait to joing you guys and have FI in my NSX as well. It better be worth the money.

Adrian,

If you are going CTSC then you can drive mine before you buy to see if it's worth the money.

1st gear is no fun -- 2nd is where life begins....:eek: anything after that can land you in the "gray bar motel"...!! Actually find myself looking for pieces of road that can utilize 2nd gear -- what a rush :biggrin: Jay

Sooooo... Going from 0-45mph in first gear pushing the rpms to 7,500 is ok?? At what top speed and rpm number do most of you shift from 1st to 2nd when hauling azz?

2nd gear for me also. I've driven my entire 10mi commute to work without shifting out of 2nd. Besides, you can break every posted speed limit in the US in 2nd, why do you need anything else?

Will this driving style consume more gas?
I know you don't care about that but just FMI.

Adrian,

If you are going CTSC then you can drive mine before you buy to see if it's worth the money.
That sounds like a good idea.

PS: I will be selling the MR2 when I come back in a few months and start focusing my attention and spare money on the NSX.

Will this driving style consume more gas?
I know you don't care about that but just FMI.

Yes, shifting at redline affect gas mileage significantly.

I get 10 MPG tracking the NSX, always shifting at redline after the warmup laps. (I also get 10 MPG tracking both my Miatas, too.)

(If ever there was the opportunity to add this it is now: ) YMMV :biggrin:

i can't believe so many people like 2nd gear... it is ridiculously tall and drops you out of the powerband. maybe if you are turbocharged, i can understand. 1st gear - nice pull! 2nd gear - awww... come on 3rd... awww 85mph, time to shut down. needless to say, short gears are coming next clutch job...

i can't believe so many people like 2nd gear... it is ridiculously tall and drops you out of the powerband. maybe if you are turbocharged, i can understand. 1st gear - nice pull! 2nd gear - awww... come on 3rd... awww 85mph, time to shut down. needless to say, short gears are coming next clutch job...

Those of us that enjoy second and third gears are probably not doing so from a dead-stop/drag race frame of reference. Rather, we are likely talking about it from a road course, windy-road perspective. True, in the standard 5-spd gearbox there is a drop off between first and second while waiting for VTEC rpm range to arrive, but we're rarely ever back in first gear once rolling.

Does that make sense?

Back