• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FD gets its A$$ handed to it by an nsx *vid*

nsxlover said:
I bet every person on that board would trade their RX7 for a NSX anyday. RX7 is a everyday beater car, not an exotic trackrat. Come on.. :mad:

Just out of curiosity (and being an FD owner myself) I've never heard of any NSX beating a properly driven RX7 on any autocross course, have you?

FD is just a better autox car than NSX....smaller, lighter.
NSX is just not designed for autox courses

ChopsJazz said:
That was the safety car. Did anyone notice the light bar on the roof, or the fact that it was pulling into the pits after one lap? I don't think anyone's a$$ was getting handed to anyone. :confused:
The lights were even flashing too. Damned if that doesn't look like Twin-Ring Motegi track.

MoreRPMs said:
Just out of curiosity (and being an FD owner myself) I've never heard of any NSX beating a properly driven RX7 on any autocross course, have you?

I agree the design of the NSX is not really well suited for the typical autocross. I do not expect you will see it popular in drifting contests either! :biggrin:

That Lemans winning RX-7 based car was the ONLY Japanese car to ever win the 24 hours.

A Ford 289 won once too.
Anyone remember that? :biggrin:

Spinner said:
Yup, you heard right. 13Bs are bulletproof. Its the turbos that make them unreliable. Look how many NA secondgens are running around on their original motors with high miles. Just take care of the oil issue and the 13b will run for a very, very long time. As for replacing it with a 20b, it isn't as easy as it sounds. Its much easier to drop a 20b into the FC than the FD due to compartment size. The other problem is smog...almost impossible in CA, besides the 20bs were sequential turbos aswell. :wink:

Is the FC and FD oil issue similar to the Evo oil issue? People who push the engine hard prior to breaking it in the first 500-600 miles... I heard people who pushed their Evo's are having to put a quart a week in the more egregious cases.

Any similarities with the FD's in particular? Another issues with the FD's were heating issues. That engine just could not maintain its temp. My friend's 93 literally burned up while parked. He was running nearly stock, but insisted he get a turbo-timer. I think it actully caught fire while cooling down... irony defined.

Let's face it... it's a friggin Mazda. It's like buying an american car. Powerful, but you'll be fixing things forever.

Back