• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ferrari-458 real life pictures

Possibly the most beautiful car EVER.

Honestly, these pictures set this car into a league of its own. The interior alone is worth the purchase. I never fell for the 355, 360 or 430, but this Ferrari has won me over. It is a cross between Italian and Japanese in my opinion. What a perfect blend.

looks like a 430 mixed with a gallardo...no?

There appear to be no stalks to either side of the steering wheel - no turn signal. Perhaps it has been replaced by buttons on the steering wheel?

Actually, looking closely again, there are two buttons on the steering wheel for turn signal - or so it seems.

IMO the front of this car isn't doing it for me... It's aggressive but not beautiful. I think they should of spent a bit more time working on the front end. The headlights look they don't belong on the car for some reason... I can't put my tongue on what exactly it is but I think the 430 still looks better.

Simply stunning!
The 458 is the best looking Ferrari by a mile!

*The 360 Spider still holds a special place for me though....

DSC03266lrg.jpg

topviewgood700.jpg

Sign me up......too bad, its too rich for my blood.......at least for now!!:frown:

IMO the front of this car isn't doing it for me... It's aggressive but not beautiful. I think they should of spent a bit more time working on the front end. The headlights look they don't belong on the car for some reason... I can't put my tongue on what exactly it is but I think the 430 still looks better.

I agree. It's interesting, even looks nice, but is lacking in being in overall harmony with the car's makeover. BMW has been guilty of that mistake since Mr. Bangle took control of design.

PS. Mr. Bangle has recently announced his resignation. Woohoo!

Where are all the side vents for air intake? The car looks stunning for sure. When they make the spyder it will multiply the beauty.

The intakes are mounted on the top of the rear trunk area. Nifty design.

2011-Ferrari-458-Italia.jpg

Simply stunning!
The 458 is the best looking Ferrari by a mile!

*The 360 Spider still holds a special place for me though....

....especially when you place hot women next to the car. :biggrin:

honestly, pictures suck. When I looked at 360s' in pictures, I thought they were aright. When I saw one in person closeby, a red one, polished, I about wet my pants. Actually I.....

magnificintly beautiful,

as one poster already said, the interior alone is enough to justify the purchase. Outside, it's beautiful form all sides except the back, I really hate it that they dropped the double rear lights for a single one.

What's more astonishing is that they say they have focused their attention on making the mechanical subsystems of the car interfere less with the joy of driving it. Ferrari is already in a league of its own in this respect. If they even improve it more it will make Porsche a closer rival to a Camry than the Ferrari.

Porsche and Lambos are now competitors. Ferrari is in a league of its own.

more details from the owners site

The Ferrari 458 Italia is a completely new car from every point of view: engine, design, aerodynamics, handling, instrumentation and ergonomics, just to name a few. A two-seater berlinetta, the Ferrari 458 Italia, as is now traditional for all Ferrari’s roadgoing cars, benefits hugely from the company’s Formula 1 experience. This is particularly evident in the speed and precision with which the car responds to driver inputs and in the attention focused on reducing internal friction in the engine for lower fuel consumption than the F430, despite the fact that both overall displacement and power have increased. However, Ferrari’s track experience makes its presence felt in the
458 Italia not only in terms of pure technological transfer but also on a more
emotional level, because of the strong emphasis on creating an almost symbiotic relationship between driver and car. The 458 Italia features an innovative driving environment with a new kind of steering wheel and dashboard that is the direct result of racing practice. Once again input from Michael Schumacher - who was involved from the very start of the 458 Italia project - played an invaluable part.

The Ferrari 458 Italia’s Pininfarina design provides further evidence of the complete departure from the past that this new car hails. The Ferrari 458 Italia has a compact, aerodynamic shape, underscoring the concepts of simplicity, efficiency and lightness that inspired the project. As with every Ferrari, the car’s styling has been very heavily influenced by the requirements for aerodynamic efficiency, as can be seen from the
downforce of 140 kg at 200km/h generated by the new model. The front features a single opening for the front grille and side air intakes, with aerodynamic sections and profiles designed to direct air to the coolant radiators and the new flat underbody. The nose also sports small aeroelastic winglets which generate downforce and, as speed rises, deform to reduce the section of the radiator inlets and cut drag.

The new 4499 cc V8 is the first Ferrari direct injection engine to be mid-rear mounted. It has a very low piston compression height typical of racing engines which contributed to achieving its compression ratio of 12.5:1. Equipped with the traditional flat-plane crankshaft, the engine delivers 570 CV at 9000 rpm and, with an outstanding power output of 127 CV/litre, sets a new benchmark not only for the whole Ferrari range and the history of company, but also for the entire market segment. Maximum torque is 540 Nm at 6000 rpm, over 80 per cent of which is available from 3250 rpm. Specific
torque is a record 120 Nm/litre. However, what is truly extraordinary is the amount of torque available while still maintaining high levels of power at low revs.

The car’s soundtrack is also typical Ferrari, with an exciting, powerful growl emerging from the engine before it channels through to the exhaust’s three rear tailpipes.

The 458 Italia is equipped with the seven-speed dual-clutch transmission which increases performance whilst providing very smooth shifts even at full throttle. The engineers have developed specific, sportier gear ratios to match the power and torque curves of the new V8, guaranteeing high torque even at lower engine speeds and allowing the car to reach its maximum speed in top gear.

Back