• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ferrari F360 Vs. 2007 GT3

I am toying with the idea of getting another car. However, there is some major confusion on my part as to what to get.

Some ramblings: I live in a small town, the closest Ferrari or Porsche dealer is 110 miles away. I was originally planning on getting a 997s as it would make for a good addition to the NSX. They are really good cars, but don't stir me emotionally. I am now leaning towards a GT3 or a F360. I know the prices are all over the place but the main reason I was thinking of getting one was to buy it through my business and reduce the taxable income. Well my financial planner and my Accountant say that buying a Ferrari as a business expense is a huge red flag for the IRS. So, I am toying with the idea of leasing it. I have never been a big fan of 911's and have always loved Ferrari's. But it is really difficult to justify a Ferrari F360. I mean MSRP was $155k but If I act now I can get a 2004 with 4k miles for $168k. What the heck!!! A $120k GT3 outperforms it in many many ways. The GT3 is like a swiss army knife while the F360 is not. Neither of the cars would be a DD. They would be an addition to the family or would replace the NSX.:eek:

As you can see, I am truely lost and just looking for others opinions.

Thanks in advance.

Ritesh.

Never buy something you don't need just to reduce taxes in your business. You may reduce taxable income (subject to audit risk), but you'll also reduce TOTAL income.

If you would've bought or leased the car anyway, then go ahead (again...IRS is all over this type of thing).

360, possibly my favorite car of all time. I get to drive my friends every now and again and I have to say, nothing hotter IMO. I saw a couple GT3's at Manheim Auto Auction...very wicked looking car, I could only imagine how it drivers:biggrin:

If your going for looks, definitely the 360 and I heard from my friend who use to own one says it handles better than the NSX. If your going for all out performance and want something mind blowing to drive, I would pick the GT3. I honestly would love to have a 360 but I'll be dreaming of the F430 instead. I vote for the 360 because it's one heck of a car when you see it in person!!:smile:

I like the looks for a F360, I love the Ferrari "mystique", heritage etc. But I wonder(my wife does too) the logic of buying a Ferrari when you live 110 miles away from the Dealer. No warranty or minimal warranty means the less you drive it the more unreliable it becomes. The GT3 is cheaper, faster, better handling and more reliable.

Still just checking out the market for now. However, this car has been keeeping my up all night for the last 2 days.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=220280258&dealer_id=69995&car_year=2004&num_records=25&search_type=both&keywordsfyc=&make=FER&model=&transmission=&distance=100&make2=&address=75707&advanced=&certified=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&max_price=&sort_type=priceDESC&min_price=&body_code=0&end_year=2008&color=&keywordsrep=&isDWSI=false&start_year=1981&drive=&engine=&style_flag=1&doors=&fuel=&cardist=100

Last edited:
I am no expert on these matters but if I was in your position (as a car guy), I would definitely go with the 360 CS. You originally mentioned only the 360 and the GT3 but brought up the CS in your last post so for me, it would be a no-brainer out of the 3. I've always been more of a fan of exclusivity (not to be mistaken for elitism) so the rareness of a CS stands out above the 2 choices. As for performance on the track (if you get the nerve to track it - with insurance the way it is these days), it should do fairly well against the GT3 based on what I've read (I know the 997 GT3 has faster times around the ring etc - magazine racing).

But if you do get the CS, it's gotta have the stripes!

If you get that F360 CS, I am definitely coming up for an afternoon!

Don't settle for something that you don't really want. I'd rather have something that doesn't make sense (but is an absolute joy to drive and own, in terms of personal enjoyment) than something that doesn't quite push my buttons but is every bit as competent.

In these price ranges, price is (virtually) irrelevant. Go with your heart, not your mind.

CS ftw...Ferrari all the way.

If you get that F360 CS, I am definitely coming up for an afternoon!

Your such a stalker Jon.:biggrin:

If(that a big IF) I buy a CS, I will giving out "testdrives" for a $1k. LOL!

Still haven't decided WTH to do. My financial guy is a porsche guy and keeps telling me to get a GT3. Heck he has offered to buy it in 2 years. This is the one I am looking at. The only thing I don't like is Nav. It just adds complexity to an already busy console. Otherwise the car is perfect.

http://porsche.motorwerks.com/Preowned-Inventory.aspx?InventoryId=19102129

Last edited:
Me? Stalker? I've been here nearly as long as you (well, okay, 9 months less)! I just haven't been very active since I sold my 1:24 NSX. :D

Maybe you can sell me your NSX (straight up trade for my S2000 sound good?) when you get the F-car. ;)

That blue GT3 is amazing, though. Wow, that is a gorgeous car. Sick. Okay, I'm very, very jealous now. Ugh.

I just had a brilliant idea. BUY THEM BOTH! :D

For the price of the 360CS+maintenance, I would buy an '02+ LBB nsx + that GT3, what a collection. Use the nsx for daily and GT3 for track, without worrying too much about maintenance, other than changing the oil.

blackna1, I think you need to meet a guy name Rai over on S2Ki.com . He's exactly like you.

For the price of the 360CS+maintenance, I would buy an '02+ LBB nsx + that GT3, what a collection. Use the nsx for daily and GT3 for track, without worrying too much about maintenance, other than changing the oil.

I'm with you, and I LOVE that GT3 Ritesh posted.

blackna1, I think you need to meet a guy name Rai over on S2Ki.com . He's exactly like you.

I :biggrin: when I saw this.

Ritesh, ever think of picking up a 996 GT3? Those are dropping pretty good. 70k-ish range for an 04 with 15k miles.

I :biggrin: when I saw this.

Ritesh, ever think of picking up a 996 GT3? Those are dropping pretty good. 70k-ish range for an 04 with 15k miles.

Good one Jon.:biggrin: I like the 996 but IMHO its more of a dedicated track car. I have driven one of the street and didn't feel that it would make for a great trip car or street car. As a dedicated track car- I think its the best bang for the buck.

Besides, I don't really care for the looks of the 996. The exterior - I could tolerate. The interior is absolutely hideous IMHO. It looks like a cheap chevy interior. Actually the C6 interior is much nicer than the 996 interior. It wouldn't matter if it was going to be my track toy. Since it going to be more of my high performance luxury GT/Sports car - I care about the interior.

Working on a deal at present. Will keep you guys updated.

Ritesh.

One other thought, the Ford GT is same price and performance AND you can get it serviced close to where you live. That will become a real issue with the 360, my close friend has 4 Ferraris and 1 lambo and service is quite a distance away, a real challenge.
I was thinking about a 550 and decided not to, due to the cost of repairs and how far away service was. Also I am told Ferrari service dept does not like to sell parts to other service stations, a friend tried to have a local place put a new timing belt on his 360 and Ferrari told them they were out of stock and did not know when it was coming in.

arrgh, I'm at work and couldn't load the pics, is it the cobalt blue GT3? :confused:

OMG!:eek: You did it!! im so jealous now, that I had to change my signature.

When will I ever find my Long beach blue '05.

Back