• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Festival of Speed

Is anyone from S. Florida planning on attending or entering their car in the Las Olas Festival?

I plan on going but not entering...

I'll be at the St. Pete show early at 10AM with the X. What day is everyone going to the Honda Grand Prix next weekend?

Thanks for bumping this, I had forgotten!

I need to check with my wife, but I expect we'll be there tomorrow morning.

It looks like Saturday is the big day. Last year there was a jetport reception on Friday, a small show on Saturday and then a huge show on Sunday. The website is just saying Friday and Saturday.

Is tomorrow the big show? I don't want to drive down on the wrong day!

It looks like Saturday is the big day. Last year there was a jetport reception on Friday, a small show on Saturday and then a huge show on Sunday. The website is just saying Friday and Saturday.

Is tomorrow the big show? I don't want to drive down on the wrong day!

Wow, you're right but I hadn't noticed. Last year, the big show in the park was Sunday, this year it's Saturday and the website doesn't list anything for Sunday at all.

We're going to try to be here between 11am and noon.

What a show!!! The weather was absolutely gorgeous!

I think this years show was MUCH better than last year. All of the cars seemed to be grouped together by marque more carefully than last year! I was VERY happy to see 2 NSXs represented in the show!!!

And the HUGE number of Aston Martins this year!!! Ooo Oooh!

I took over 3 gigabytes of photos and videos today. Despite my wicked sunburn, I'll have some pictures up later this evening!

The weather was beautiful all right, but that sun makes taking pictures tough and I know I sunburned my head. :)

I'm not so convinced it was better than last year though. Maybe, but only because there were NSXs this year. We also saw a really nice red coupe parked on the street on our way out. I took a picture of it.

I didn't see the McLaren this year and no Enzo, SLR, or CLK either. The FXX was there, but roped off (boo). I'm not crazy about car shows with lots of brand new cars right off a dealership floor. And that gaggle of Mustangs? Meh! How much plastic can you hang off the front end of a new Mustang? The answer is "a lot".

This was our second year attending. Last year was free, this year was $10 /head. I don't mind paying, but I would like to see more/different exotics.

All our pictures are here.

Back