• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Filling holes after emblem removal

I've removed my front emblem and now have two holes to fill or put on another emblem. can the holes be filled and painted or do you need to repaint the whole front end?

I just had my front emblem shaved off.

For the best results the whole front bumper will need to be repainted. My body shop guy did everything for 300

Emblem removal

I have a 92' GPW and I want to remove the front emblem and leave it blank. Does anyone know if all NSXs have holes in the front bumper to retain the emblem? It seems I read somewhere that some don't have holes. I don't want to fill holes to remove the "A" emblem. I'm proud to have an ACURA. The rest of the world have HONDAs. Thats not a bad thing but we're the only ones that get to have ACURAs.

nigel

Your car IS a Honda. Only in Canada and the U.S. are they called Acuras. It's ok to be proud of your 'Honda':wink: :smile:

I am having mine removed and the front repainted. My car has been in the shop for almost three weeks, can't wait too get it back. i removed the rear one before it went to the shop.

Jesus man three weeks to shave an emblem, that's a one day affair. My opinion is body filler has no place on an NSX, so if you must remove the emblems, you could always just put a little color matched thing cap of some sort in it to fill the hole (plastic insert or something), sort of like how they make the license plate fillers if you remove your front license plate (plastic parts that fill the holes).

Jesus man three weeks to shave an emblem, that's a one day affair. My opinion is body filler has no place on an NSX, so if you must remove the emblems, you could always just put a little color matched thing cap of some sort in it to fill the hole (plastic insert or something), sort of like how they make the license plate fillers if you remove your front license plate (plastic parts that fill the holes).

A good shop can plastic weld and fill in the holes. Sticking some plugs in would make the car look like a turd imo.

The delay is mostly my fault. I picked a very high end shop that doesn't have many employees and their shop was full when my car went in. Plus i keep adding more for them to do every week or so :smile: . The downforce lip was just a last minute thing and they had the car for a week before i received it. I also am having the NSX-R front bar painted and i just received it yesterday (4 week wait). I didn't make it to the shop last week but the week before they had the nose off and completely disasembled. They were thinking they may have a little trouble matching the paint because as it turns out Long beach blue pearl is not a simple basecoat clearcoat. It is a blue metallic basecoat (almost purple) and a translucent blue coat applied over that.

Back