• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Final Bear Mountain Nsx Run

Greetings all, I figured as promised we'd get together for one last spontaneous run like we did back in August. This time hoping everyone can stick around and we have some sort of better planning to keep the groups together. Honda day was the same day and they had 9 nsx attend, this means we can be 35+ if we plan accordingly. I was thinking Sunday Nov 1st which is peak of fall and right before most of you store your toys away for the season. Let's throw some dates out if 11/1 doesn't work. I loved Storm King and need another crack at it before snow.

Last edited:
Greetings all, I figured as promised we'd get together for one last spontaneous run like we did back in August. This time hoping everyone can stick around and we have some sort of better planning to keep the groups together. Honda day was the same day and they had 9 nsx attend, this means we can be 35+ if we plan accordingly. I was thinking Saturday Nov 21st which is peak of fall and right before most of you store your toys away for the season. Let's throw some dates out if 11/21 doesn't work. I loved Storm King and need another crack at it before snow.
That's a little late, IMHO, as it could be too cold to get heat in the tires for any spirited driving. also it's the week before Thanksgiving, and people might have travel plans in place, and already put the car to sleep for the season. I think you're better in early November than late. Just throwing it out there

That's a little late, IMHO, as it could be too cold to get heat in the tires for any spirited driving. also it's the week before Thanksgiving, and people might have travel plans in place, and already put the car to sleep for the season. I think you're better in early November than late. Just throwing it out there

Thanks and edit is done. Good point

I'll should be able to attend. If no NSX, then I can bring R8.

That's a better date, just a caution, we set the clocks back that day, so we get an extra hour of sleep, but people need to be reminded, or they'll be an hour early!!!

Count me in whatever the final date is..

I am in as of now.

I'm already noticing a major reduction in grip with the temps dropping so rapidly in just the past 2 weeks alone. Keeping my fingers crossed they stay about 65F through end of Oct.

If the temps and weather permit a spirited drive, I'm in for 11/1.

Same here, if weather is promising and work doesn't get in the way then I'm in.

Bailey, did you really just spam a thread in the NE section with a link? I am sure everyone can wade through the 1-3 posts a day and find your new thread. :tongue:

Any-who, I am in as of now. Just because we go on a run doesn't mean we have to drive like maniacs, if it is colder, we just drive slower. It's as more about catching up over lunch and checking out some cars versus pushing NSXs on the street.

how is the lambo holding up Aaron?

^Agreed with above, looking to cruise as much as possible before having to store these beauties.

If I could recommend a few things for the OP to add to the original post: Attendees list, meet up points, itinerary, etc. I think that will help get some traction for those interested and spreading the word. We should establish these as annual events, aka Spring Bear Run, Fall Bear Run, etc.

What:
2015 Fall Bear Run

When:
Sunday, Nov 1, 2015. Meet up at 8:00AM. Roll Out at 8:30AM

Where:
Meet Spot 1
Meet Spot 2
Meet Spot 3
Departure Location

Drive will End:
Some BBQ place :biggrin:

What to bring:

EZ Pass
FRS radio with ear piece
GoPro
Full tank of gas
GPS
NSX

Tentative List:
1. Dynamic-uzed-auto
2. RPM217
3. NA1MT
4. 2NDWIFE
5. Spa2KJT
6. s14_tat
7. DAYTA
8. Lamchop168
9. Acura NsX Pilot
10. Aaron94T
11. docjohn

how is the lambo holding up Aaron?

Car runs like a top and I have put over 4k miles on it. That doesn't sound like much to Honda guys but for a V12 Lambo it is a fare amount in a relatively short amount of time. I did have to recharge the AC last year which is the only issue I have had. I will own one for life as I can't think of a prettier car to replace it with.

it is iconic in the exotic world.....kinda like the original countach

Just a note to you S2000 owners, Fall Bear Mtn. Run is this Sunday 18th.

Just Google: 2015 S2K Fall Bear Mountain Drive Sunday, October 18th, 2015

If anyone wants to drive over with me please PM. HockeyGoalie, catwalks, pbassjo ?

Ok just an update cause I haven't checked this page lately, glad 11/1/15 works for everyone and we are less that 2 weeks away. We must remember as Roger stated we turn our clocks back the night before so all of you keep that in mind so you don't end up an hour early guessing we left you.

Definitely won't have the NSX back, so I'm in with the R8

I have a friend in a k swapped mr2 that wants to tag along. Is this meet open to non forum members of other cars?

I have a friend in a k swapped mr2 that wants to tag along. Is this meet open to non forum members of other cars?

Personally, I don't have a problem with "NE Forum Members" attending, with other cars, but to open it up to all comers is IMHO, not something I'd want to participate in.

Back