• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Finally got to drive my Black 02! Couple of questions.

attachment.php

Hey Everybody,

So finally I got to visit my 02 NSX in California and get it registered. I had purchased it in November but I work in Asia most of the year so I finally got to take it out. Definitely everything I hoped for! Now i'm back at my job in Guangzhou but I really enjoyed getting to take it out, and had a great experience buying it from another member on this forum. It's in great cs shape with about 53K miles on it.

I do have a couple of questions about things that could be quirks or could be minor things to address.

1. When I turn on the headlights the gauge lights as well as climate/stereo controls dim a bit. Is this a feature designed to make it darker at night?

2. When i'm in a dark parking garage with the headlights off I can see the hi-beam indicator light on the dash is slightly illuminated. It goes off when you turn the headlights on and then comes back on when you flip on the hi-beams as it should. Is this maybe a "reminder" that it's dark and the lights need to be turned on? It's only visible when the lights are off in a dark environment.

Thanks for the input!

Attachments

• 16010413_10100530277876106_382984918_o (1).jpg
    16010413_10100530277876106_382984918_o (1).jpg
    83 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:
1. yes that is normal.

2. Is your car from canada originally? they had DRL units from the factory.

Congrats on getting your car. It is beautiful.

I am also working in China with my nsx back at home. Makes me miss it all the time. But makes me cherish the moments I do get to drive it even more.

Yeah i figured the dimming was normal.

My car wasn't originally from Canada but I bought it from a dealer in Toronto and reimported it so it had been in Canada for a few years. The lights seem to function exactly as I would expect. Just when I am in a dark environment I can see the hi beam indicator light a little bit. But the actual lights are off and the hi beam indicator goes off as soon as you switch the lights on.

That's why I thought it might be a reminder to turn the lights on in the dark, because it would be a strange way for a system to fail somehow.

The only other issue with the car is the right turn indicator bulb (not the turn signal itself just the light behind the dash) needs to be replaced. But that can definitely wait until I need some other service done as I would have no clue how to get the gauge cluster open and would be insane thing to pay somebody to do by itself! But that's very straightforward

Last edited:
Okay, never mind. I read that wrong.

It seems like an odd ball issue. You sure it isn't just the reflection?

Yeah definitely not a reflection. When I start it up in the garage where it's dark I can see that the hi beam indicator is glowing a little bit. Then when I switch on the headlights it goes off, then comes back on when you actually turn on the high beams.

So the only quirk is just that when you are in a dark environment with the lights off you can see the high beam indicator. Not something to lose sleep over. Just worth noting that it's a thing.

Yeah definitely not a reflection. When I start it up in the garage where it's dark I can see that the hi beam indicator is glowing a little bit. Then when I switch on the headlights it goes off, then comes back on when you actually turn on the high beams.

So the only quirk is just that when you are in a dark environment with the lights off you can see the high beam indicator. Not something to lose sleep over. Just worth noting that it's a thing.

This happens in my S2000 with factory DRL. I went through a dark tunnel the other day and I noticed the hi-beam indicator was on. The dealership probably retrofitted your head lights for DRL, I would check the fuse box to see if it was added.

31381381484_3ddbbcc616_z.jpg

Ah ok, since it was previously imported to Canada and then re-imported by me this year it would have needed to have been converted to DRL in order to be registered in Canada.

Ok so sounds like the two mysteries have been solved.

Back