• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Finally posting pictures of my Restoration !!

At least it probably smells better now :biggrin:

Where did you get the carpet from? Was it preformed or did you just use the old ones as templates?

Did you drive your car since the restoration? I'm interested in the noise damping factor by Dynamat.

Did you drive your car since the restoration? I'm interested in the noise damping factor by Dynamat.
I've driven the car since I restored the interior. There is MAJOR reduction in noise and vibration, Virtually all little squeeks and noises are gone., feels like new. I posted a reply last week look above for more info

Great restoration!

For the shift knob, theres a small rubber band on the plastic ring underneath the shift boot. Clip the rubberband with a razor blade so that you can remove the ring and you can neatly bring up the boot to the bottom half of the shift knob.

NSX_AFTER_Interior_CenterConsole_In.jpg
I just got an aluminum ring adapter from Dali Racing, Guy named MJ told me it's good to connect the shift boot to my mini me shifter? is anyone familar with this?

At least it probably smells better now :biggrin:

Where did you get the carpet from? Was it preformed or did you just use the old ones as templates?
I got the floor carpet thru Tom Frederico, I think he's a prime member, I'll get his contact info if you need it. He placed my order with a company in Georgia. $399 delivered to my door & $99 for 2 floor mats.

I've driven the car since I restored the interior. There is MAJOR reduction in noise and vibration, Virtually all little squeeks and noises are gone., feels like new. I posted a reply last week look above for more info

What kind of noises have been reduced? At 70 mph there are mainly two sources of noise, engine and tires. I don't want to reduce the first but get away of the tire noise level.

What kind of noises have been reduced? At 70 mph there are mainly two sources of noise, engine and tires. I don't want to reduce the first but get away of the tire noise level.
I'm refering to speeds below 40-45 mph. Dynamat reduces noise and vibrations from uneven road surfaces, ruts, cracks and pot-holes (in the case's when you can't avoid them !)

At 70 mph, wind noise is another factor, which obvuiosly Dynamat can't control.
Tire noise is dependent on the brand of tire and at 70 mph I have too much wind noise to tell any difference. I'll be getting new rubber door seals since
previous owner was a real asshole and totally neglected this NSX and never cleaned or conditioned the door seals

Fantastic effort mate, your car looks as good if not bettert han new!

Cheers,

AR

Oh my gosh! That looks almost just like the condition that my NSX is in!!! I have to take pictures! The carpet's not too bad, just the seat is worse than yours; it's cracking AND the edge is ripping through showing the orange foam!:eek: :eek: How much did it cost you to reupholster the seats?

The ivory seats are amazing! I have ivory to, and will need to recover them eventually. You've definitely found a real resource to the NSX community. Will he make the covers and ship them? Also, did you cover your door sill edge guards with leather to?

Great job!

Final pictures of my Interior Restoration

One of, if not the nicest revamped interior i've ever seen...

I want to see some overall shots of the seats and consoles... I see close ups of everything and it looks great, i just want to see it all together....

must look impressive! nice work!

FINAL PIX...

Attachments

• NSX_AFTER_Interior_1.jpg
    NSX_AFTER_Interior_1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 203
  • NSX_AFTER_Interior_2.jpg
    NSX_AFTER_Interior_2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 161
  • NSX_AFTER_Interior_4.jpg
    NSX_AFTER_Interior_4.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 112
  • NSX_AFTER_Interior_5.jpg
    NSX_AFTER_Interior_5.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 130
  • NSX_AFTER_Interior_Drivers Side_2.jpg
    NSX_AFTER_Interior_Drivers Side_2.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 246
You should post your carpet and mats guy's contact info.

For $99 the mats are a good buy.

More pictures of my Interior Restoration

more interior pix.

Attachments

• NSX_AFTER_Interior_Drivers Headrest_NSX Letters.jpg
    NSX_AFTER_Interior_Drivers Headrest_NSX Letters.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 52
  • NSX_AFTER_Interior_Drivers Side Floor_3.jpg
    NSX_AFTER_Interior_Drivers Side Floor_3.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 118
  • NSX_AFTER_Interior_Passenger Side Floor_1.jpg
    NSX_AFTER_Interior_Passenger Side Floor_1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 105
  • NSX_AFTER_Interior_Passengers Headrest_NSX Letters_Installed.jpg
    NSX_AFTER_Interior_Passengers Headrest_NSX Letters_Installed.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 54
  • NSX_AFTER_Interior_Passegers DoorPanel.jpg
    NSX_AFTER_Interior_Passegers DoorPanel.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
more pix.

Attachments

• NSX_AFTER_Exterior_Rear View_3.jpg
    NSX_AFTER_Exterior_Rear View_3.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 139
  • NSX_AFTER_Exterior_Passengers View.jpg
    NSX_AFTER_Exterior_Passengers View.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 207
Excellent job, SD_1964. I'm an admirer of good craftsmanship, expecially when put to such a noble use as this.
Hey, in post #8 you mentioned the engine cover. Did you actually recondition that, too? Reason why I ask is that mine is unsightly with patches of the fuzz scraped off. Before I dig into mine, buy another one,or just take it off the car, I was wondering what could be done. I remember a mention of someone re-doing their cover in another thread but the details were absent.
Again, great job.

Awesome job! Now the trick is being able to keep it from getting to the before again over time. I've always loved the ivory interior but I don't think I'd be able to handle worrying about keeping it pristine all the time.

Nice job on restoring. have fun with the car. do you have to do any work to the engine or outside of the car?
is nice to see people who take pride of their cars, glad you rescued it from the previous owner.

Mad props to your work into the car......I am hoping to get mine back to that state too. I just need to do the carpet kit and replace some door parts. Great work! :smile:

I need to get the rubber pieces around the door too....:cool:

Back