• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FINALLY. Some good photos

Massive transformation from the last time I saw your car, looks incredible. Fantastic choice in parts as well, very well done!

What wheels are those? They look like BC Forged?

Wow, can't believe I missed this thread. Your car looks GORGEOUS!

Sad to see you selling your wheels, what widebody? I think this setup hit the nail on the head for my car (with the FXMD fender flares that will be 10-20mm wider than stock, but still in progress).

Thanks. 18x8 30 and 19x11 45. 225/40/18 and 275/35/19.
18x8 +30???? (Not +40?)

Massive transformation from the last time I saw your car, looks incredible. Fantastic choice in parts as well, very well done!

What wheels are those? They look like BC Forged?

They are custom wheels, forged, very light, extremely strong, perfect centerbore and offsets for a perfromance 18/19 setup on an NSX and they are for sale if anyone is interested for $6,000 less than what they would cost to produce again. I have them in the for sale section. I love them just thinking of widebody

Wow, can't believe I missed this thread. Your car looks GORGEOUS!

Sad to see you selling your wheels, what widebody? I think this setup hit the nail on the head for my car (with the FXMD fender flares that will be 10-20mm wider than stock, but still in progress).

18x8 +30???? (Not +40?)

yes, 30. I am clearing Billy. Thanks for the compliment. Widebody is in the works I am looking at a few different options and haven't ruled out the FXMD one yet. I actually want to remove my fenders and preserve them.

New purchase. Tillett B7 dry carbon seats, FIA F1 solid aluminum brackets, rails and fixed system, two sets of pads. 6 pounds each. Lightest FIA seat on the market. can't wait...

d752c14820d40585317a714f3e1d7245_zps1rdhnqvj.jpg

dfca206de91851a63712f1f354a1ae81_zpskjnqgfv7.jpg

b840a65ceac6679f8d3338d003ba624d_zpso35nftiz.jpg

Last edited:
How are you going to mount those rails to the car? seats look awesome

Thanks. They will most likely mount to an NSX specific bracket by planted. I may have to remake it in aluminum or see where I can reduce weight further on it.

- - - Updated - - -

http://youtu.be/6JKa_RLLtz8

- - - Updated - - -

You can use rails on it or fix the seat. I like seas fixed as rigidly to the chassis as possible I think it provides better feel and feedback of the car when pushing hard.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll most likely buy a planted bracket, copy it in a lighter alloy, and sell them here as I will have no need for it. I think there are 2-3 pounds to be shaved there.

Looking forward to seeing them mounted in the car and your impressions getting in and out, they certainly are a good looking seat

Billy will get you that info today.

The B5 look the easiest to live with on a daily basis for ease of getting in and out of but these B7's look the business did you get the 40 or 44 and the difference is just weight over the B6F? I am asking this because I assume you sat in all of them

The seat is carbon front and rear. I can install or not install the pads. The seat itself is said to have a finish strong and scratch resistant free enough to hold up to regular use. Tillett has been making complete CF interiors for Caterham for years after Caterham deemed them superior to their other suppliers. They also have provisions for head protection bars.

Cam shape of B6F and B7 are identical. B7 is stronger however the B6F is still incredibly strong and passes FIA obviously. Main difference is weight. About 9 pounds per seat and the price difference is HUGE. 3X the price really. I was going to go B6F then came across a set of never installed B7 for sale for a deal. They feel the same. Same shape. I have the 44 or the XL. I've never sat in the XL but that's what was available for sale and I was not going to complain as I drooled over the B7 but 8-10K was a lot of money. This was an amazing opportunity. The standard 40cm seat fit me like a glove. I'm 6'2" and 190 pounds. I'm fairly fit. I'll let you know how the XL feels. They are due to arrive tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Again if anyone is interested I didn't do the group buy but I made a great contact I can point you toward.

I'd be interested to see how you feel after a road trip. Comfort is all in the eyes of the beholder too. The comfort level no matter what the support is will be mainly dictated on your suspension. Even with a softer more cushiony suspension I doubt anybody would drive with these on road trips but for serious track guys I guess I see a reason to get them.

Just for observation I think the go cart seats I track in support me well. Would I sit in a hard seat shell like those for a trip or daily driving even 30 min? Very highly unlikely.

Some people think nsx r and downforce seats are uncomfortable and some rave about them.

Tillett makes two different types of "road pads". They mainly take out vibration. They don't cushion much although the second type does to some extent. They specifically designed that for guys that want to take long road trips.

- - - Updated - - -

I find the arm restriction of most race seats more annoying than anything. Non existant on these.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm looking into titanium brackets now. Will keep everyone posted.

I'd be interested to see how you feel after a road trip. Comfort is all in the eyes of the beholder too. The comfort level no matter what the support is will be mainly dictated on your suspension. Even with a softer more cushiony suspension I doubt anybody would drive with these on road trips but for serious track guys I guess I see a reason to get them.

Just for observation I think the go cart seats I track in support me well. Would I sit in a hard seat shell like those for a trip or daily driving even 30 min? Very highly unlikely.

Some people think nsx r and downforce seats are uncomfortable and some rave about them.
getting a bit off topic but I track my car a lot in the DF seats and I take out the seat padding every time so I get the 'feel' Dave is talking about and to be honest I don't even notice there is no cushion they are that comfortable so these Tillets should be nice to sit in for long trips as well as the track. the ease to get in and out is something I want to see and good work getting a deal on some B7's I think they are a great looking seat and I am going to get those contact details off you

Those seats look awesome. As does your ride man. Great work.
But I agree on the comfort. Almost like a restraint chair in a jail cell for drunk people.:smile:
I've sat in one they totally suck! Haha!

Cam just shoot me a message on Facebook with an email. Jinks thanks for the compliments.

Cam just shoot me a message on Facebook with an email. Jinks thanks for the compliments.
Your welcome sir. Thanks for all you do to help people out here.

The Tillett seats are comfortable for long drives. The wife was sleeping in her seat on a four hour drive and liked them more than the oem in terms of comfort. She was also very skeptical of them when I purchased the seats. I have the B5 which are easy to get in and out of. Congrats on the seats Turbo2go, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Last edited:
Thanks Rope. What did you use for a mount?

Yeah people just don't get their comfort no matter how much I say they are very very comfortable. They look at no padding and just cannot accept it.

I'll state my opinion again. This is the most advanced, best built seat you can buy. Recaro, Sparco, replicas, status and cobra and this and that are all various shades of the same gray. They all utilize the same basic philosophy of seat design. A poorly shaped shell, with lots of padding, and restrictive support at the shoulders. Their design has been the same for many decades. You simply have to sit and experience this seat to know things like the shoulders is a bad place to give a body support.

Last edited:
Yeah the carbon will scratch over time. Just by looking I doubt they're clear coated but with enough driving they'll be marks. You should be able to buff out though.

Comfort is again subjective like style and looks. I'm glad there's another option on the market and that there's a new product that people are gravitating toward and excited about.

Back