• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Finding a solution to the T top wind problems

:tongue:
timothyaw said:
Where in the world were you driving to go that fast? I'm scared to ask:eek:

haha, its really not that fast at all, just a lil noisey

it was on I 69 going north between the Verizon exit on the way to the Fortville one, like 10 mins from you :). I forgot the pic then so I just turned around and did it again on the way south :biggrin:

almost zero traffic around 7am goin north, a lil bit goin south though
I did "slow" down to around 120-130 when there where cars.....they all moved over :tongue:

good times :)

timothyaw said:
Where in the world were you driving to go that fast? I'm scared to ask:eek:
Indiana's speed enforcement is stricter than average* and more stealthy than average. However, if you're looking for a burst of speed for a brief distance, rather than driving the entire distance across the state at triple digit speeds, there are places where it's relatively easy to do. For example, I know there's a stretch of I-65 between Chicago and Indy in which the road is divided with a forested area in the middle, and there's not much place for anyone to hide.

*This recalls the group of NSXs that left Chicago to drive together to NSXPO 2000 in Atlanta. We counted 31 law enforcement vehicles along the 290 miles of I-65 in Indiana...

Add me to the list. My passenger side window starts bulging out from the pressure differential at about 100. I'll follow the advice posted and see how it works.

Post whether or not the Anti-Squeek works will ya?

As for changing the gasket-- you ever look to see what those cost?

I'm glad that I could be of assistance to your problem "POOBEAR" with the wind noise !
Drop by and I'll do another application of the "Swedish Paste".
Tom

nsxtasy said:
... there are places where it's relatively easy to do. For example, I know there's a stretch of I-65 between Chicago and Indy in which the road is divided with a forested area in the middle, and there's not much place for anyone to hide...

Yes I know that area all to well, I've used that stretch to "open it up" many a times :biggrin:
Yeah I know that stretch of I-69 you're talking about, that's a pretty risky stretch to me; I'd be scared I'd be hauled off to jail:eek: There was a time awhile back where I was in my Prelude on I-69 that I got a reckless driving charge. They towed my car away :mad: Just be careful and watch it out there.

timothyaw said:
Yes I know that area all to well, I've used that stretch to "open it up" many a times :biggrin:
Yeah I know that stretch of I-69 you're talking about, that's a pretty risky stretch to me; I'd be scared I'd be hauled off to jail:eek: There was a time awhile back where I was in my Prelude on I-69 that I got a reckless driving charge. They towed my car away :mad: Just be careful and watch it out there.

i did mine like nsxtacey, where a hill divides the highway, I figured its now or never :)
Ive already got mine towed once for not having a plate on it, if I ever was going 100+ and the po po saw me Id be too tempted to just gun it more and take a off ramp once I was clear, I figure Im screwed if I stop so minas well try :)
The twisties are where its at though, so I should be safe :biggrin:

Back