• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Finding silver... difficult?

After seeing a 92 Silver NSX, I love the look! However, according to the FAQ page, it is the lowest color produced in 91/92 cars.

Do these cars come up for sale often? I'd really like to find a silver/black followed by a red/black if silver was nowhere to be found.

One other question... the performance numbers for the older X's aren't nearly as good as "modern" ratings done.. is there really that big of difference in the power output of the 3.0 vs 3.2? Or is it the gearing that has effected the 0-60 tests?

Thanks
James

Originally posted by MadMaxx:
Do these cars come up for sale often?

Sure! Think of it this way - there are 467 Sebring Silver NSXs out there. That's a lot - more than two years of recent sales.

That being said, though, keep in mind that the more you narrow your search, the harder it is to find what you're looking for. Any SS NSX? Easy. Only silver/black five-speeds? 405 cars, still easy. But if you're looking for a silver with under 20K miles and it has to be a '93 and it can't cost more than $28K, then you're going to have a very hard time finding one.

One other question... the performance numbers for the older X's aren't nearly as good as "modern" ratings done.. is there really that big of difference in the power output of the 3.0 vs 3.2? Or is it the gearing that has effected the 0-60 tests?

It's more the power than the gearing. According to Bob Butler's analysis, if you take a stock '91 NSX, and add 15 hp, it reduces 0-60 times by 0.31 second; presumably with 20 hp, it would be more like .41 second. Changing from the stock '91 to the six-speed reduces them by 0.22 second, which is about half as much.

I'd like to find a 91-93 Silver/black NSX.. milage is not a huge importance (rather have a "seasoned" car in good shape than a garage queen for what I plan on using it for). Hopefuly, a deal with come my way
smile.gif
I had hope to spend less than 35K given my requirements... only time shall tell.

What type of mods will be required to bring a 92 X up to 97+ spec in terms of acceleration?

James

I'd like to find a 91-93 Silver/black NSX.. milage is not a huge importance (rather have a "seasoned" car in good shape than a garage queen for what I plan on using it for). Hopefuly, a deal with come my way
smile.gif
I had hope to spend less than 35K given my requirements...

For under $35K you should be able to find a nice one with miles slightly below the average of 5K miles/year.

What type of mods will be required to bring a 92 X up to 97+ spec in terms of acceleration?

Headers and exhaust, and maybe chip, should bring you close. But buy it and live with it first; you may decide you don't even need the mods. (They're not exactly cheap, on a dollar per hp basis.)

Took me six months to find my '91. After nearly six years, I still love the color.

BTW, it's not for sale.
biggrin.gif

vbnsx8.jpg

It took me a black NSX & one year later to finally find & buy the Sebring Silver. Of course it seems that after my search, a string of them have recently been up for sale here or on ebay w/i the last coiple of months, all w/ very decent mileage. Good luck, this color is definitely worht the wait!

took me ~4 months to find, and I have to say I am pretty lucky to find one right in my neck of the woods. Then, guess what, 10 houses away, my neighbor's got a twin
smile.gif

be patient, the right one will come along.

btw, vytas, hope you don't mind, I am using pics of your car as my desktop wallpaper. Figure our cars look similar enough
smile.gif

fc98474b.jpg

fcc290a2.jpg

fd397a50.jpg

[This message has been edited by SilverOne (edited 27 February 2003).]

I've had a few inquiries from other silver NSX owners about forming a special NSXCA Silver NSX Club. Very exclusive.
biggrin.gif

At one club event, we went to a restaurant and the table was full. Three of us had to sit a bit further away from the rest but it turns out that all of us (including myself) were silver NSX owners. We just said, "Us silver guys are doing fine down here."
smile.gif

More silver wallpapers below:
http://home.attbi.com/~cornercarver/vbnsx.jpg
http://home.attbi.com/~cornercarver/vbnsx2.jpg
http://home.attbi.com/~cornercarver/vbnsx3.jpg
http://home.attbi.com/~cornercarver/vbnsx4.jpg
http://home.attbi.com/~cornercarver/vbnsx5.jpg
http://home.attbi.com/~cornercarver/vbnsx6.jpg
http://home.attbi.com/~cornercarver/vbnsx7.jpg
http://home.attbi.com/~cornercarver/vbnsx8.jpg
http://home.attbi.com/~cornercarver/vbnsx9.jpg

[This message has been edited by Vytas (edited 27 February 2003).]

Great pics Vytas. I have been looking for awhile for the right sebring. I just love that color. Unfortunately, i have had two very nice ones fall through my fingers. I have the money but after talking with the seller they would sell it the next day. In fact this has happened numerous times on more than a handful of red ones too. Seems like if you are a seller and i call then you are guarenteed to sell within 24hrs. Anyway, still looking.

If it helps your search or is in the price range you are looking, Niello Acura just received a 98-T Silver/Black with some 35K miles on it. [They also have used precertified 00-T white/tan; this is NOT their whit Supercharged one.]

For more details, please contact:

Kelly Ritchie
Internet Sales Manager
Niello Acura
800-350-2299
916-334-6300
916-338-6990 fax www.acura.niello.com
[email protected]

Hrant
NSX-T 98 Blk/Tan

PS: I have no financial interest in this that I know of .... LOL ..... just posting it to support our NSXCA Sacto Chapter sponsor ....

Honestly, I like the silver w/ the black roof treatment. I'd love to have a yellow/black roof, but they were not produces in the US apparently. That color combo is my old 'Cuda combo
wink.gif

I will prob go w/ red and black once I find the right car.

MM

My father just bought a '91 Silver. We have been looking casually for one and looked seriously at 3 of them in the last 4 or 5 months. I would say that they aren't that rare, it seems one pops up for sale every few weeks, it might take a few months to find one that is really well cared for, but they are certainly out there.

Originally posted by Hrant:
Niello Acura just received a 98-T Silver/Black

Just be aware that the Kaiser Silver on the '97-99 and the similar Silverstone Silver on the '00-03 are a darker, gunmetal silver, compared with the bright Sebring Silver of the '91-93.

Here's my favorite photo of a Sebring Silver NSX, courtesy of Jonathan:

F-15_NSX%20008%208x6.jpg

Great, great photos everyone on this post. Now I'm having second thoughts about selling my '00 silverstone NSX-T!

------------------
'00 NSX-T, silverstone/blk, #252

Honestly, I like the silver w/ the black roof treatment. I'd love to have a yellow/black roof, but they were not produces in the US apparently. That color combo is my old 'Cuda combo
wink.gif

The 1999 NSX brochure has a spread with a yellow coupe with a black top. I heard from Woodwork that this car was used to take photos for the 1999 brochure and used by magazine editors for evaluation later sold at auction. Last I heard, someone on this board spoke of knowing the actual owner of this unique NSX somewhere in New York.

yellowcoupe.jpg

[This message has been edited by Vytas (edited 01 March 2003).]

SilverOne,
Do you have an email address I can send some photos of my car to you? I don't have any of my photos on a public website so I can't post them on this forum. CChung

I just registered on imagestation. I hope this works!
------------------

[This message has been edited by CChung (edited 01 March 2003).]

Originally posted by Vytas:
The 1999 NSX brochure has a spread with a yellow coupe with a black top. I heard from Woodwork that this car was used to take photos for the 1999 brochure and used by magazine editors for evaluation later sold at auction. Last I heard, someone on this board spoke of knowing the actual owner of this unique NSX somewhere in New York.

I know Dave S. in New York, who sometimes frequents these boards, has a '98 yellow coupe that he takes to the drag strip. Maybe it's his.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
I know Dave S. in New York, who sometimes frequents these boards, has a '98 yellow coupe that he takes to the drag strip. Maybe it's his.

Yes, Dave's car is Honda's former yellow coupe media car.

cchung,

[email protected],

or you can upload to imagstation.com, it's a free photo hosting service.

Originally posted by CChung:
SilverOne,
Do you have an email address I can send some photos of my car to you? I don't have any of my photos on a public website so I can't post them on this forum. CChung

I just registered on imagestation. I hope this works!

fc9142ba.jpg

------------------

WOW!

That is a beautiful colour! I think Silverstone is one of the best colours for showing off the clean lines of the NSX. Mine's red, and the lines do not stand out as much (except, seemingly, to the patrollers out there
smile.gif
). Nice pic!

------------------
Steve
Formula Red '97-T

I am not looking for a silver NSX, but I just ran a search on Autotrader.com and found 16 silver nsxs (nsx's? how do you spell the plural of nsx LOL) listed. I would look there.

Back