• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

First time NSX owner, lifelong gear head

I've been lusting for a Sebring Silver or Gran Prix White NA1 NSX for a very long time. With the recent sale of my beloved 993, the time was right to hunt down the perfect NSX. I really lucked out by discovering the exact car I wanted, less than an hour after it was posted for sale. It's the ex Edmunds long-term test car that was later acquired by an enthusiast (also at Edmunds at the time) who took very good care of it.

I have been out of the Honda/Acura scene for many years now, however I've owned my share of CRX's, GSR's, and track focused Civics. In the last 10 years, my car quivers have been comprised of many a Miata, E30's (including an M3), E36's M3's, S4's, and other Euro rarities. Now, I am stoked to own one of my bucket list cars and I look forward to being part of the greater NSX cult, I mean community :).

The day I picked her up in Laguna Beach, CA:

30113178844_1752a34f29_c.jpg

Along The PCH on the drive home to San Francisco:

30628633942_8af70058a9_c.jpg

I've since installed a set of KW V3's and a custom made set of fifteen52 Tarmac wheels wrapped in ZII's. Planning on installing a set of HP+ pads, exhaust, and sprucing up the interior a bit next. She's in need of a clock/vent surround and a good leather conditioning.

30113179154_599066c866_c.jpg

30628630572_88f8b4d310_c.jpg

30628630132_2758ec0a87_c.jpg

The NSX is supposed to be my weekend toy, but I am having trouble getting out of it! I have an i3 for the daily grind and an E34 M5 for long distance hauls:

15700290642_5377ef7673_c.jpg

30477066300_1fed19a654_c.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful rides! Welcome to the ownership club. Don't know how long you've been on the site but as a new owner, make sure you check out the NSX Wiki which you can access from the red bar at the top of most pages. It's an accumulation of good information on a variety of topics .. maintenance stuff .. mod stuff .. etc gathered from many owners over the years. Unfortunately, the Wiki is currently not updateable but it is searchable and you may sometimes find it quicker to find information that wading through hundreds of forum posts. Some of the information is getting long in the tooth but hey, you just bought a car that was introduced over 25 years ago and wasn't updated that often so most information is still applicable. Enjoy!

my favorite color....many happy years with it.I like your affinity for the more period wheels...kinda remind me of techno magnesio..

Beautiful rides! Welcome to the ownership club. Don't know how long you've been on the site but as a new owner, make sure you check out the NSX Wiki which you can access from the red bar at the top of most pages. It's an accumulation of good information on a variety of topics .. maintenance stuff .. mod stuff .. etc gathered from many owners over the years. Unfortunately, the Wiki is currently not updateable but it is searchable and you may sometimes find it quicker to find information that wading through hundreds of forum posts. Some of the information is getting long in the tooth but hey, you just bought a car that was introduced over 25 years ago and wasn't updated that often so most information is still applicable. Enjoy!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am certain I have spent more time scouring the wiki so far than I have spent in my car in the last two months :). I was/am super impressed by the amount of information there. I used the wiki as well as the search bar, to set my stance, alignment specs, and order the correct sized wheels so far.

my favorite color....many happy years with it.I like your affinity for the more period wheels...kinda remind me of techno magnesio..

Cheers! Was definitely going for a period look. I was looking for a set of Speedline Corse 5 spokes, but came up empty handed. I also wanted to support my bud's company and hold the title of first NSX on Tarmac's on the planet :biggrin:

Congrats, and welcome to nsx ownership. I've been lusting after a Porsche type 993 for a very long time still searching, what year was your 993? The price on these 993 are ridiculous and continue to rise, care to share a pic?

Congrats, and welcome to nsx ownership. I've been lusting after a Porsche type 993 for a very long time still searching, what year was your 993? The price on these 993 are ridiculous and continue to rise, care to share a pic?

Thanks! Loving the NSX.

993's prices have plateaued, so now is the time to buy! They are not getting any cheaper :) Mine was a 97 C2 bare bones car with a 6spd manual and LSD. That is exactly what I wanted. Took me about a year to find the color combo I was looking for though. It was Ocean Blue Metallic with a Classic Grey interior. Most have a tan interior.

Here are a couple snaps of it. I sold it to a good friend who loved it and told me a year ago or so that he wanted first right of refusal when I decided to sell. He couldn't pay me fast enough haha. So she went to a very good home.

24660639992_28ace994e6_c.jpg

24030553785_e6406310a7_c.jpg

And a bit of hoonage on our way down to Luftgekühlt this year. I installed a set of Fabspeed Supercup pipes :devilish::

Congrats. I remember reading all the Edmunds Long Term NSX review.

I remember reading about this on Edmunds, too. Before they got rid of Insideline and went south...

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the NSX? I remember Edmunds stating that it was one of the most expensive long term cars they ever owned, mostly because of CA emission compliance and "resale value" (they offer cars to their employees first at their TMV price, which was low for the NSX).

The NSX and 993 are 2 of my favorite cars. Other favorite is the E39 M5, but the E34 is very cool too. Enjoy the car!

Congrats and welcome! I originally wanted silver too, but the deal I got on my red one was too good to pass up. It looks wonderful BTW! How many miles does it have on it now?

Congratulations. Those wheels look pretty cool. Retro, but cool.:cool:

I remember reading about this on Edmunds, too. Before they got rid of Insideline and went south...

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the NSX? I remember Edmunds stating that it was one of the most expensive long term cars they ever owned, mostly because of CA emission compliance and "resale value" (they offer cars to their employees first at their TMV price, which was low for the NSX).

The NSX and 993 are 2 of my favorite cars. Other favorite is the E39 M5, but the E34 is very cool too. Enjoy the car!

Haha, well I do mind. I'll just say that I think I paid a fair price. E39 M5's are definitely great cars as well, but I am partial to the E34's powerplant and clean lines.

Congrats and welcome! I originally wanted silver too, but the deal I got on my red one was too good to pass up. It looks wonderful BTW! How many miles does it have on it now?

Silver is definitely killer on these cars, but it's kinda hard to go wrong with any color. Well, maybe black. Black hides the lines of these beauties IMO :p

Bought it with 65k at the end of September and already added quite a few more :)

Congratulations. Those wheels look pretty cool. Retro, but cool.:cool:

Thanks. That's definitely what I was going for, an OEM+ look.

Last edited:
Those rims are sick! Very retro but almost looks stock. Great collection of cars too, welcome aboard!

I've been lusting for a Sebring Silver or Gran Prix White NA1 NSX for a very long time. With the recent sale of my beloved 993, the time was right to hunt down the perfect NSX. I really lucked out by discovering the exact car I wanted, less than an hour after it was posted for sale. It's the ex Edmunds long-term test car that was later acquired by an enthusiast (also at Edmunds at the time) who took very good care of it.

Congrats! Wow do our cars age well (or don't age) while staying so photogenic, especially in silver. My search evolved over ~2.5 years from black to silver to white, and somewhere in the middle I actually was ready to contact your car's seller ~2011-2012 when it had just sold to Edmunds. Loved following their ownership blog, now your blog!! Great car history you have too, looking forward to reading more posts comparing the driving/ownership experience to others.

Those rims are sick! Very retro but almost looks stock. Great collection of cars too, welcome aboard!

Cheers. Here are a few more of my past cars:

6020171058_4d3984f76d_b.jpg

11922330435_b05448f9dc_c.jpg

8401495676_6e009589da_c.jpg

14883568537_978297ce78_c.jpg

21417033550_c60fab4c46_c.jpg

So that's where I saw your car, it's trending on Instagram! Congrats!

Sweet. My buds at fifteen52 posted the car on their feed and it's done quite alright :). We also posted it on our podcast's instagram feed as well.

Congrats! Wow do our cars age well (or don't age) while staying so photogenic, especially in silver. My search evolved over ~2.5 years from black to silver to white, and somewhere in the middle I actually was ready to contact your car's seller ~2011-2012 when it had just sold to Edmunds. Loved following their ownership blog, now your blog!! Great car history you have too, looking forward to reading more posts comparing the driving/ownership experience to others.

Yeah, I've already shocked a few inquisitive folks who thought it was a new car haha. And small world! I'll definitely be sharing updates as they happen. I don't intend on straying too far from where the car sits though. It will just be maintenance, sprucing up, and tuning.

Congrats and welcome to the club!

It should be interesting hearing your owner experiences contrasted against all of the German cars you've owned / own.

Congrats on the purchase and nice meeting you at Canepa C&C the other day.

Wheels look great. As a matter of fact I looked at buying a set about a year ago or so when I first found out about the company through Magnus Walker posts. But unfortunately had to dismiss the idea of cast tarmacs in 17/18 due to heavy weight. They look great through and I think there is similar forged wheel available which is stronger and lighter (f40 rep? Not sure) granted much more expensive. But nevertheless glad you like them.

I think you're already part of NorCal NSX Owners Facebook page. Look forward to seeing you at the next event.

Congrats and welcome to the club!

It should be interesting hearing your owner experiences contrasted against all of the German cars you've owned / own.

Well I've owned a ton of Japanese cars too :). The NSX reminds me of a more refined/substantial Elise. Everything has a very analog feel and the chassis is very communicative. Unlike my Miata's, the NSX is not "tinny" felling. Everything feels solid and mechanical.

Congrats on the purchase and nice meeting you at Canepa C&C the other day.

Wheels look great. As a matter of fact I looked at buying a set about a year ago or so when I first found out about the company through Magnus Walker posts. But unfortunately had to dismiss the idea of cast tarmacs in 17/18 due to heavy weight. They look great through and I think there is similar forged wheel available which is stronger and lighter (f40 rep? Not sure) granted much more expensive. But nevertheless glad you like them.

I think you're already part of NorCal NSX Owners Facebook page. Look forward to seeing you at the next event.

Sadly, they are heavy indeed. I don't think I am part of NorCal NSX Owners on FB. Tried looking for the page and came up empty handed. Which NSX were you in at Canepa? Sorry, spoke to a few people.

Back