• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

First time owner JH4NA1150NT000362

Hey everybody,

I just picked up a 1992 Berlina Black NSX about two weeks ago. I'm no stranger to Honda's and have owned many modified Civic's and an S2000 prior to purchasing this beauty. What really got me going down the Honda path was the first NSX my dad purchased back when I was 12 years old, that car was immaculate and became the car that I learned how to wrench and modify vehicles on.

Fast forward 15 years, I found myself sitting in the middle east as a contractor for Lockheed Martin. I had sold all my cars (including two heavily modified Evo's), was recently single and had quite a bit of time on my hands again so what did I do? I started tearing through the internet looking at NSX's. Keep in mind that I've been wanting an NSX for a few years at this point and after watching the market, I was starting to get a bit hesitant with the way prices were going that I would get priced out of the market. So I began looking at NSXPrime classifieds, looking through Craigslist and prowling Facebook pages and it became a daily ritual for 9 straight months. I found a few NSX's that fit the criteria that I was looking for but for one reason or another (usually logistics with being in the middle east), the deals would fall through.

One day, I came across a post on the Facebook NSXPrime page of a gentleman named Brian that was pulling his car out of storage and was considering selling it later that year. He didn't post a lot of details and it was somewhat vague but, I decided to send him a message and get some more info about the car. It was a 1992 Berlina Black Acura NSX that was located in New Hampshire, it has 54,000 miles and Brian had owned it for 17 years till this point. It had a squeaky clean carfax with a bunch of tasteful modifications that included:
-Comptech supercharger (autorotor with low boost pulley)
-Comptech headers with test pipes (high flow cats included)
-Pride V2 exhaust system
-Comptech carbon fiber intake box
-RC injectors
-SOS fuel pressure gauge kit
-KW V3 coilovers
-Advan RG-D wheels w/Falken tires
-Drilled and slotted rotors
-Cantrell Concepts carbon fiber engine cover

So everything was there with the car that I could want, it was just a matter of working out a deal with Brian and arranging the logistics of potentially buying this car. So I ended up calling my dad at this point (he's a member on here that still owns a killer 1991 NSX, I'll post a pic below) and explaining what I was looking at, the details and what I had in mind. After some consideration, we made a deal that he would fly out to New Hampshire for me, look over the car, make the final call if it was worth buying and if so, make the deal and drive it all the way back across the United States to Arizona and store it in his garage next to his NSX till I made it back stateside. (How kick ass is that to have a father that's willing to do that?!)

So since I'm posting about this whole deal, I think it's pretty obvious that the deal was made and the car was purchased. He made the drive all the way back Arizona and said that the car performed flawlessly the entire time. I'm super excited at this point to get back to the states to enjoy the car. From what I've been told by family and friends that have seen the car, the interior and exterior of the car is flawless and that I couldn't have grabbed a better car for the price I snatched it for. I'm excited to be a part of this awesome community! The pictures aren't the best quality so forgive me, I'll get better ones with time but this will have to suffice.

For those of you that are interested, here's a few pictures of the my fathers NSX, the Evo and civic I mentioned earlier

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum and NSX ownership.

Funny story, I can't remember the username but I had made a deal with a Brian from NH on his Berlina Black/Ivory '92 CTSC NSX back in 2011 but I had to back out because I found out a week later I was moving to Japan. I wonder if it's the same car.

*UPDATE*

Yep, just found the old messages and the thread. Same car! Small world. She looked like a beaut then, so I'm not surprised she was still in good shape.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...Blk-Tan-48-5k-mi-38-750-Vin-JH4NA1150NT000362

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum and NSX ownership.

Funny story, I can't remember the username but I had made a deal with a Brian from NH on his Berlina Black/Ivory '92 CTSC NSX back in 2011 but I had to back out because I found out a week later I was moving to Japan. I wonder if it's the same car.

*UPDATE*

Yep, just found the old messages and the thread. Same car! Small world. She looked like a beaut then, so I'm not surprised she was still in good shape.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...Blk-Tan-48-5k-mi-38-750-Vin-JH4NA1150NT000362

Yep, it's definitely the same car and not much has changed, just a few odd's and end's here and there. It's funny how small this world is sometimes! ha

Awesome story and pics. Congratulations. Glad to see another NSX make its way here to AZ. We have a good number of actively involved members in the state so keep an eye on the regional forum for events and activities.

Awesome story and pics. Congratulations. Glad to see another NSX make its way here to AZ. We have a good number of actively involved members in the state so keep an eye on the regional forum for events and activities.

Thank you, I'll definitely keep an eye out on that. It'll be fun to meet the rest of the community.

Thanks dude, I was the one that bought your CE's.

Congrats. Looks amazing!

Thanks, it's a very clean base to start with

Awesome car. Congrats. Do you miss the 4 door evo? I sure wouldn't miss it anymore now.:biggrin:

Awesome car. Congrats. Do you miss the 4 door evo? I sure wouldn't miss it anymore now.:biggrin:

Haha yeah, I don't miss that thing at all. I enjoyed how easy it was to make power with that car but man, those things are just a headache and a half. When it comes down to it, it's just a lancer at the end of the day :rolleyes:

Back