• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

First time seeing a NSX in real life..?

I love some of the stories on this page. This would have to be one of the nicest threads in a long time. :)

My story is a little long, so i'll try to condense it:

First time i saw an NSX was as a single scanned .GIF file back in about 1992. (before scanners and the internet were common) I didn't even know what it was.

Then in 2001, i had a medical condition which I received prayer for but still had to have some nasty medical tests. :( After leaving the surgery, I felt impressed to walk in a nearby park and pray. I'll be honest, i was really upset with God and didn't feel like it, and I was determined to feel miserable and sorry for myself. But i went and sat at a park bench for about 5 minutes. Being restless, I got up to walk off, only again to feel impressed to sit. So I did until I started to get cold.

As i walked past a string of houses, still feeling sorry for myself, a guy was standing in his opened garage. Parked inside with it's rear end gleaming in the sun was a sexy '92 Honda NSX. I'd never seen one in real life and I don't ever remember seeing the rear before (obviously I must have) but somehow I knew it was an NSX.

So i asked the guy "excuse me, is that a Honda NSX?". Of course it was. So we talked for a few minutes, he was nice, and I asked if I could touch it. :p As I walked away, I had the BIGGEST grin and a spring in my step. :D Bigger than a green smiley! And I'd forgotten about my pity party. :D

Then I realized God had set me up. If I hadn't stopped in the park, I never would have walked past the owner's house just as he was closing the garage door. :eek: I never would have seen the NSX, and never have ended up on Prime. I know this for a fact because I tried walking & driving past his house HUNDREDS of times since in the hopes of catching another glimpse, without luck. :D :p

I searched the Internet and found two websites: NSXprime (which I registered too) and <B>Akira3D</B>'s website. Eric had a story on how he purchased an NSX model and placed it on his computer till he bought an actual NSX. Dreams can come true.

But it wasn't until earlier this year that I met <B>Dippy9</B> and he let me take his badboy black '92 for a drive. That was also amazing because it was at a time when I'd resigned myself that perhaps the NSX was out of my reach. That drive with dippy has completely destroyed any disbelief I had.

So that's my LONG sob story for anyone who cares or wants something to read to assist with procrastinating at work. ;) There are countless other small stories of NSX sightings that make up my NSX-journey... but that's for another thread. :D

Tommy - Glad you are enjoying my former car :) Great to see that it went to good hands.

TommyP said:
I saw my first one as a kid, can't remeber exactly where, but I did the usual "Holy Crap", as I am sure everyone did.

I would see one around Atlanta here and there for the next 10 years or so and then.....

Last year, I was test driving Escalades and Navigators; trying to decide which one to buy. Well, one evening after lot shopping, we stop into a sporting goods store so my wife could get some shoes. I was actually all pissed off because she wanted me to go with her (never can make up her mind in less than an hour :mad: ).

We pull into the parking lot, right next to a black NSX, I get out of my car and walk around it to look at the NSX, and I tell my wife, that is what I want to buy. She sounds off with a "yeah right" and brushes me off, saying you are buying an SUV for the family. I say or rather mumble "I am getting one of these (pointing at the black beauty in front of me). We walk inside, I look over my shoulder as if I am leaving my son behind :( .

I spend the next 48 hours reading up on the NSX, much of the info I learned here at PRIME (THANKS).

I find one in Buckhead Atlanta, the price is 12K$ over book. I am sceptic when I go see it. I meet the guy, he takes me to the parking garage it is in. We walk around the curved ramp and I see her, dark black, wheels partially turned so I could see the 18" Konig rims and 30 series tires, she was sleek, sexy and smooth. It was next to a 911 and an SLK, which is next to a F360. I knew this was the car for me, took 2 days to get the funds and she was mine.

I blame the whole thing on my wifes shoes, otherwise I would be driving a tank right now, putting 65$ worth of gas in the tank each, and paying higher insurance rates than on the NSX..

For my NSX I go 15K$ further with options and services that I felt she needed, I got her like I want her. I love and trust this car. sniff sniff ..... pardon me I need to get a tissue.... having an NSX moment here :p

Thanks to my wife's shoes.
Tommy

I find a few for sale here in the north GA area, premium prices.

My first time seeing the NSX, was at the Toronto Autoshow in Feb of 1990 or 1991 not surewhat year, my brothers and I drool over the car for ~1 hours, before moving on to see the others.

Summer 1991, Black NSX on Acura dealership showroom, asked the salesman if it is possiable to sit inside the car, answer NO. I can look at it from behind the ropes.
Next week when back to see the car, asking if I can arrange a test drive...another salesman replied...yes, however, you have to put a $10,000.00 deposit on the car, sign a contract, (ie buy the car). I told him where to put it ...so no test drive.

A few years later after reading all the articles on the NSX from various mags.I was at another Acura dealership, I was allowed to sit in a used NSX in the showroom...I'm heaven, telling myself there is so much room and the visiability was so good, everything fits, it feel right and you feel the car was made just to fit you.

Anyway, after looking at appox 40 NSXs over two year I found one in PERFECT condition will all the service records and all options. SOLD

My story..Bram

The first time I saw a real NSX was in '98. A colleague of mine really loved NSX and kept telling me about it, and since I didn't know anything about cars back then (my dream car at that time was a Miata, and I did have one!!), I went with him to John Eagle Acura to see for myself what he's been telling me all those time.

There was a '91 white NSX there (Could not remember what kind of mileage, but I remembered that the leather on the inside of the door was white), and the salesman let us test drive it! That was heaven!! I was grinning after the drive, and almost bought it that day. The only thing keeping me was that there was plenty of lay-offs happening that time, so I was afraid of putting money on a car. (That was when oil prices almost reached $10 .. compare that to $53 these days!!! :eek: )

Needless to say .. this year I started looking again seriously .. and .. the rest .. is history ...

Cheers .. Gus

may 2002..it was the GIS NSX..got a ride in it...then i had to buy one

/Stefan

NeoNSX said:
...Eric had a story on how he purchased an NSX model and placed it on his computer till he bought an actual NSX. Dreams can come true.

But it wasn't until earlier this year that I met <B>Dippy9</B> and he let me take his badboy black '92 for a drive. That was also amazing because it was at a time when I'd resigned myself that perhaps the NSX was out of my reach. That drive with dippy has completely destroyed any disbelief I had.

So that's my LONG sob story for anyone who cares or wants something to read to assist with procrastinating at work. ;) There are countless other small stories of NSX sightings that make up my NSX-journey... but that's for another thread. :D

Neo....dreams do come true. When I first saw an NSX I never imagined that I would be where I am today and actually have one of my own to drive and enjoy. Set your goals high and go after them. By the way...if you ever make your way to Indiana, give me a call. You are welcome to drive my NSX's anytime you want. Keep after it my friend...you will have your own NSX sooner than you think. ;)

My neighbor accross the street came home with one in '94 just after he started working for Acura. He only had it for the weekend, and asked me if I wanted to drive it......And my wife was not too happy because I was doing some Sunday house-things...."We'll be right back" I shouted over the exhaust note as we fled down the block...Took it out for about an hour, and we came back both of us with big smiles. At that moment, I KNEW I would have one someday. About 3 years later, I picked up my pristine '91 with just 13,800 miles. Now there's lots of smiles.....

Back