• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

first time sitting in one!

Although I've seen many NSXs drive by and have closely inspected those I am lucky enough to see up close (like in parking lots), I've never had the opportunity to sit inside one of those babies. Well, the other day, I was driving around when I saw a 2000 black/black in a dealer's lot. I had nothing else to do, so I pulled over and got out to take a peek.

Within a few minutes I was approached by a salesperson (we'll call him "Mike") who asked if I was considering buy it. I clearly announced that I was not in any position to buy, nor did I have any desire if I was. What made my day is that the saleperson still showed me around and offered to let me sit inside and start the engine. What a thrill! I tried to stay serious, but I could not stop smilling! He apologized that he would not be able to let me test drive her, but it was okay with me since I wasn't expecting anything like that to begin with.

It was amusing, to say the least, when I found myself correcting the salesperson on MANY points as he tried to "educate" me on the performance, statistics, and some of the finer details of the NSX. I even beat him to the punchline of "two golf bags" when he asked if I know how much the trunk holds. (^_^)

I've been a lurker for well over a year now, and over that time, I've learned a great deal from NSX Prime and the users on this forum. My experience with that NSX the other day not only made my obsession a wee bit worse, but it finally solidified my desire to one day become an owner of one of these fine machines. My hat goes off to all of you who have already realized that dream and I hope to join your ranks some day. Until then, I'll be saving up those quarters and working to raise my FICO score a few more points. (-_-)

Cheers,
Edgar
"evel333" on RX7Club.com
---------------
1993 RX-7 with mods-a-plenty

Hey, Edgar, did the steering wheel seem small compared to other cars? I sat in a 95 (my first and only) that had supposedly been heavily modified--no exterior mods, but supposedly 500HP...come to think of it, the exhaust did not look any different than factory. Anyway, the only cosmetic feature that seemed "different" (I have no basis for comparison) was that the stearing wheel was quite small, maybe the size of a dinner plate.

Could this be how they all are, or was mine "special"?

Hey naaman,

Do you mean the NSX or RX-7? I did notice that day that the NSX steering wheel is smaller in comparison to that of the RX-7. I'm not aware of any differences in steering wheel diameters for different model years, and I'm quite sure it was a stock since it had an airbag and the "Acura" on front.

I meant the NSX. And mine said ACURA, too, its just that in photos, the steering wheel SEEMS to be "normal" sized, but then again, the NSX has a small interior compared with everyday cars (which I am used to).

NSX steering wheels are the same size for all years. If it looked like the one in evel333's avatar, then it was the normal size.

Back