• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

For Those Who Like to DRIVE Their NSX!

I Grok NSX said:
The brief movie I took while on the drive can be found here . The movie is in the .mov format which means you'll need Quicktime to view it. The movie is about 5mb large.
Almost more fun than the video was the audio - guess the exhaust game?
The third (red car) sounded interesting - what was it?
soory I couldn't make the event - just too much on. Seems like I really missed a good one. Let's hope more of these coming.

Great work on the movie!

Thanks to everyone who came, especially the passengers on this rather challenging route. This was the best group drive I've been on since NSXPO in 1999. So if you missed it, yeah, you missed a good one.

Hey D'Ecosse, the third NSX was mine, and I have the RM DTM exhaust. It sounded interesting to me as well, as I hardly ever get to listen to my car from an out of car view!

Hi guys!!!! First thanks to Pat for organizing an awesome drive!!! This was my first run and it couldn't of been any better! :)

Jonathan - Next time I gotta get shot of you coming over the hill and around the turns, your car is awesome looking in action!!! :D

Steve - Love the pics! I didn't know we were doing any drifting on this run ;) Glad everything turned out ok... Missed you on the drive back, but better safe than sorry!!!

Greg - Loved the video and the pics were great!!! No more excursion up old windmills huh? ;)

Brian - Sorry about coming up close to you on some of the run, got caught up enjoying the scenery :D How did the pics your wife took as she was hanging outside the car come out? Really interested in seeing those!!!

Eric - I think your exhaust was the loudest!!! How'd you like the straightaway on the way back? By the smile on your face that I could see in your rear view mirror, looks like you were having as much fun as me!!! Did your dads pics come out ok?

Thanks again to everyone more making this a great drive!!!

BTW - as I rolled into my garage, I looked at my odometer and it read - 1005.4 miles WoooHooo!!! What a way to break in my car!!! :D

As everyone else has already said... Kudos to Pat for organizing this excellent drive. It was also my first, and a great experience.

Brian - Sorry about coming up close to you on some of the run, got caught up enjoying the scenery :D How did the pics your wife took as she was hanging outside the car come out? Really interested in seeing those!!!

Hey, I didn't mind at all. Besides, I got to spend most of the drive checking out your beautiful orange car in my rear view mirror. :D

I've posted the pictures my wife took here for those who are interested. The last 4 pictures are of Keith's tires at the end of the run. :eek: A good example of when it's time to change your tires. ;)

I haven't posted the movies she took yet. The audio track is basically wind noise :( and I'd like to see if I can rip it out (or at least tone it down) first.

Thanks again to all who made this a most memorable experience.

Hey guys!!!

I live in Hollister and I saw you guys all lined up next to Target,.. WOW what a site,.. especially in Hollister ( Monster Trucks are the Norm here)

We it sounds like you guys had a great time... I would have stopped buy if I was in my MR2 and chatted with you guys but I was in my People Pusher (VW jetta).

Hope to have an NSX some day so I can join you big dogs!

Don

Attachments

• ps2.jpg
    ps2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 563
Cyberous said:
Hey guys!!!

I live in Hollister and I saw you guys all lined up next to Target,.. WOW what a site,.. especially in Hollister ( Monster Trucks are the Norm here)

We it sounds like you guys had a great time... I would have stopped buy if I was in my MR2 and chatted with you guys but I was in my People Pusher (VW jetta).

Hope to have an NSX some day so I can join you big dogs!

Don

You don't need an NSX to join us on NSX club runs. I usually take the bimmer! Consider yourself invited...

As a former owner of two MR2s, I have an affinity for them. However mixing marques on a spirited drive is not necessarily a good idea. I know from personal experience leading such a group that what is a comfortable pace in the NSX is quite challenging to maintain in an MR2. This is a potential safety hazard which I would not want to risk.

Whenever a mixed group drives, the least capable vehicle should lead. That said, there are always exceptions. I once had great difficulty following a Benz sedan driven by a certain southern Californian...

Thanks for being so open and honest (both of you).

I can see where you comming from about mixed groups. We (MR2's) are having a run in two weeks and have had quite a few other car's want to join the run (usually friends of MR2 owners).
We have made it a point to have all the "other" cars ride in the back and all the MR2's grouped up front.

Although the offer is quite nice, I'm personally not one to leach on to another car groups run, and I don't go to MR2 meets with out my MR2 :D

Keep up the good work guys,.. always love to see car groups doing their thing!!

Don
www.cyberous.net

Paid the cost...

Well, after finally getting my car out for a nice bath this weekend, I realized that my front end took quite a beating from this drive :(

Looks like I will be in for a repaint very soon. It looks quite literally like someone hit the front end of my car with steel wool and a sand blaster :eek:

The drive was a good time, but considering I didn't even have a light scratch on my chin spoiler when we started and now there isn't a spot the size of a quarter of good paint on it, I may have to look more closely at the road conditions before I head out.

I hope that maybe I was just following a bit too close and no one else has the damage to their front end like I do.

Jonathan

D'Ecosse said:
That sux J - oh well, I guess you can do the new hood now too! :)
You going Sat?

Yeah, it finally gets me motivated to get my rear valence and side skirts done. I still haven't found a hood I really like, so I may just stick with OEM, then paint the entire thing! If I am going to have paint work done on the back, sides, and front, I don't want to risk a mismatch. Now, to find the right body shop for the job...

Dunno if I will be there Saturday or not, probably not, I will be out of town Thursday and Friday, which makes Saturday a very likely candidate for a sleep day :D

JS

It looks like we need to instruct drivers at all events to maintain adequate spacing (3 seconds is pretty good). I try to do this strictly for safety, in case the car ahead has a problem. But apparently that time is also necessary for road debris picked up by the tires to fall back down.

I will be sure to put the nose cover on for future group drives, something which I have not typically done.

I just took a close look at my car's front end, and indeed there are many more rock chips than I recall below the bumper. Time to get going with the touch-up paint. Maybe I'll try that paint pen thing.

Ouch!!! :( I looked at my front end, and I can now say my car is no longer a virgin!!! Talk about rock chips!!! I got them going up the side, up front, even on my windshield... Do they make touch up paint in imola orange? ;)
In any case... I'd do the drive again... :p It was worth the few battle scars... :D

It's been busy since the drive but I finally had a chance to post something since the wonderful Hwy 25 drive. What better weather could you ask for, especially in early February? I must say we had a full day and it was great to see so many new faces out on the drive. Gregs climb up that rickety old windmill was one of the highlights of the ride. It was fun exchanging stories with the bikers we met at that stop and see how much we each enjoy our chosen mode of transportation. The lunch stop was just what my stomach was growling for. I hope everyone enjoyed it. I have posted some pix from the drive in the NEW photo section. This is a great addition to NSXPrime and hopefully I will be able to get some of my older video footage loaded up.
As far as the drive, I am sorry for those who picked up a little road rash. It's the price we pay for enjoying the ride and I have a couple new additions to my chip collection. The comments about leaving a little space between cars were on the mark as far as minimizing the little chips that eventually will find a home on your beloved vehicle. I did my best to keep a liitle space between myself and the car behind me. But when there was no one in the rear view mirror I figured I better slow down.
Looking at the pix it was great to see a wide selection of NSX colors that showed up. I hope we can do another ride in the near future. Work has kept me busy lately so I have not had the time to get the NSX out as much as I would like. With the wonderful weather we have been having, I might have to put together the Solano-Napa seldom seen side tour. The boat crowd my still be scraping and painting and we might be able to avoid most of the trailer traffic that shows up later in the season. Keep an eye out in this section for further updates.

Well it's time to call it a night but I just want to thank you all for coming out early on a Sunday morning, spending the day together and sharing one of California's scenic drives that seemed custom made for our NSX.

Cheers,

1NSX2GO

I really missed out on that run but I'll be sure and tune in next time.

I went out to Bodega Bay last sunday and I tell you, there are lots and lots of nice scenic and fun Roads desinged for our NSX, I had a blast driving there :D

Hope to meet everyone on the next drive :D

Back