• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ford GT vs NSX Article

I think the FGT looks better, but I'd be less inclined to be an early adopter than I would with the NSX. Unless Ford has some kind of magic fairy dust, it will be a HUGE challenge to get power to the ground of this rear wheel drive monster. I can say that with experience, as an owner of both a ZR1 and C7 Z06. Lots of horsepower, lots of torque...but difficult to harness properly from a stop. The FGT will undoubtedly be much more expensive than the NSX. If it's not, expect the NSX to disappear much quicker than it arrived. Given the likely price delta, these two cars probably won't share much in common other than they happened to be launched within hours of one another. The GT will be cross shopped by Ferrari and McLaren buyers, not 991 TTS or R8 buyers. That's where the NSX will likely be a welcome option.

Unless Ford has some kind of magic fairy dust, it will be a HUGE challenge to get power to the ground of this rear wheel drive monster. I can say that with experience, as an owner of both a ZR1 and C7 Z06. Lots of horsepower, lots of torque...but difficult to harness properly from a stop.

The magic fairy dust Ford has is called mid engine layout. The Ford will have no problem putting 600+hp to ground because that is what mid-engine cars do so well. The only problem I see is I want the price to be closer to $200k versus $300-$400k. We will have to wait and see.

I agree with Glenn, I don't feel these will be competitors; the first Ford GT was $140-150k, and made extensive use of Ford's parts bin. Now people are comparison shopping the two, with NSX pricing announced as mid $150k, however, used Ford GT's command as much as $250k in Today's market, a fact I'm sure Ford has noticed. The new Ford GT uses a carbon fiber monocoque, tuned next-gen ecoboost engine, carbon ceramic brakes, gullwing doors, etc. - it's a hypercar from Ford, a blue-oval LaFerrari. If these cars do end up in a similar price bracket, the NSX is an exotic sportscar with new technology, while the Ford GT is a hypercar - I'd rather own the Ford GT.

For both cars to find their niche, I think we'll see a price above $200k, perhaps hugging $300k for the Ford.

NSX will be worth less in the future, while FGT will be worth more. I am not sure if it might have to do with limited edition, but for sure FGT will be worth.

exactly, these cars will be at 2 different price points for sure.

I think the only justification of the price of GT is the extensive use of carbon fiber. Most cars with with a full carbon fiber chassis are very expensive, such as LF and P1. NSX has to control the cost (much lower price) so it uses more aluminium and other materials. I think it's easy for honda to make a full carbon fiber version of NSX at price $250,000 and beat ford GT in every way. Actually, I don't even think the GT can run faster than the base version of NSX 2016.

The new $400k Ford GT and the new NSX are not related to the previous versions except in name.

I agree with Glenn, I don't feel these will be competitors; the first Ford GT was $140-150k, and made extensive use of Ford's parts bin. Now people are comparison shopping the two, with NSX pricing announced as mid $150k, however, used Ford GT's command as much as $250k in Today's market, a fact I'm sure Ford has noticed. The new Ford GT uses a carbon fiber monocoque, tuned next-gen ecoboost engine, carbon ceramic brakes, gullwing doors, etc. - it's a hypercar from Ford, a blue-oval LaFerrari. If these cars do end up in a similar price bracket, the NSX is an exotic sportscar with new technology, while the Ford GT is a hypercar - I'd rather own the Ford GT.

For both cars to find their niche, I think we'll see a price above $200k, perhaps hugging $300k for the Ford.

And expected production numbers/years

First run of Ford GT's was 4000 cars, in two and a half years.

During the same Q&A where price was linked to that of the Aventador, they also stated there will be a production cap or 250 cars per year this time around.

Less cars, higher price tag, as far as the Ford GT is concerned.

First run of Ford GT's was 4000 cars, in two and a half years.

During the same Q&A where price was linked to that of the Aventador, they also stated there will be a production cap or 250 cars per year this time around.

Less cars, higher price tag, as far as the Ford GT is concerned.
4038 to be exact, and the new car will run for 3 years, or total of 750 cars

My friend who owns a fire dealership bought 5 ford gts. Don't see that happening with this one at $400000

My friend who owns a fire dealership bought 5 ford gts. Don't see that happening with this one at $400000
I would think that with a "fire dealership", he'd get some burning hot deals!!!
:)

This place is filled with hot heads!!!

That's why we're always burning rubber!

Back