• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Interesting NSX for sale in Connecticut

Been for sale since November of 2022. It's got all the goodies, but since it's not the "real deal" (as close as you can get), he's been unable to get his price (as of yet). I think that OEM non-modified are getting all the $$$

It's kind of a B- build if you ask me. Again, just IMHO there's a lot of parts on that car that cheapens things.

Crappy head unit and that silly screen on the glovebox and center dash
Wrong wheels (though Advans are desirable he should have the 02's wheels on there)
Engine cover is that weird 3 panel one
Red leather recaros are $$$$ but they look so odd in that car
...most of all it's a RHD which would probably be ok if it was more of a correct clone or "tribute" car.

He's certainly spent some money and some of those parts are good, but the mix of it all together is odd.

Again, i'm a nobody. Just one man's opinion on why this thing hasn't sold. He's asking for a lot of $$$,$$$

My biggest issue is that it’s an automatic, but agreed on all other points except that it’s right hand drive, as the type R was only available in Japan and all were right hand drive. Also of interest, I don’t think the roof scoop worked on the non race car so that’s maybe correct. I do know that all type Rs were manual cars, so that’s a big issue.

When I was looking for my car it was very hard to find a car that hadn’t been modified to death. Personally I trust Honda to put this car together. Chad in his garage with a few beers in him, a stack of parts and a dream? Not so much…

Last edited:
The 1G NSX market has passed its peak for now. He’s not getting $150k for that. I personally like the car, but RHD + 4AT in the USA market = not unmolested 2002-05 money.

Who knows, maybe the market will catch up to him again?

Personally I prefer the 1st year car and sought it out specifically. Except for the batch of transmissions with the self destruct issue, there really weren't any issues with the car. Does anyone know why they are not as desirable?

It is awaiting that one wealthy kid( who chose this car as his video game racer) who can't drive a manual but who's dad loved nsx's..

It is awaiting that one wealthy kid( who chose this car as his video game racer) who can't drive a manual but who's dad loved nsx's..
I see in my minds eye 3 overlapping circles (I'd do a Powerpoint slide but I suck at PP):

One circle represents the folks that want a 1st gen.
The next circle represents those that want an automatic.
The next circle would be potential buyers for a Type R GT "tribute" car.

I don't see a lot of overlap there...

Back