• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Former NSX owner - gone exotic

Hi all. Been a while since I posted here. I had a 91 NSX and since have gone the way of exotic.
I had a 01 Ferrari 360 Spyder, 05 Maserati Gran Sport and as of tomorrow, I get my 07 Lamborghini Spyder. This post is simply to
say to the NSX community that the NSX started a car revolution for me. Of course I regret selling the NSX. I'll check in from time to time and
how come I got the feeling I'll own another NSX someday.
Kudos to all you NSX owners. Quite an extraordinary car!

My 91 NSX:

lowered 3.jpg

01 Ferrari 360 Spyder:

DSC03266.jpg

05 Maserati Gran Sport:

IMG_2308.JPG

NSX & Ferrari:

DSC03284.jpg

07 Lamborghini Spyder:

IMG_3186.jpg IMG_3189.jpg

Video walk around of Lamborghini while idling:

Lamborghini walk around - YouTube

Attachments

• lowered 1 (2).jpg
    lowered 1 (2).jpg
    36 KB · Views: 217
  • DSC02814.jpg
    DSC02814.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
Nice cars, but I for one have always considered the NSX an exotic in every way except maintenance & driving vices. I own a Lotus Esprit also now, as well , and many consider it an exotic. It's uncomfortable seating position, high maintenance needs & spooky handling at the limit sure make it act like an exotic. The NSX though, is exotic in all the right ways (not to say I don't envy your stable as well, but even with the means to own those, I just find the NSX has been perfect & hard to get away from...)

Nice cars, but I for one have always considered the NSX an exotic in every way except maintenance & driving vices. I own a Lotus Esprit also now, as well , and many consider it an exotic. It's uncomfortable seating position, high maintenance needs & spooky handling at the limit sure make it act like an exotic. The NSX though, is exotic in all the right ways (not to say I don't envy your stable as well, but even with the means to own those, I just find the NSX has been perfect & hard to get away from...)

If you drove a modern day exotic, I think you would find that they are (usually) comfortable cars, fairly reliable, and promote confidence at the limit.

Good to hear from you!

Hi Skyguy and nice to see you check in :smile:
Always enjoyed your posts, your clean red '91 NSX, and hearing about/seeing your sportscar ownership evolution.

I had to chuckle upon seeing your newest - a couple of years ago I sat in a Gallardo spyder, it was a beautiful color. Trouble was, in the driver's seat, my coconut was almost entirely above the windshield, no matter how I adjusted the seat. Guess I don't fit :rolleyes:

NSX is exotic. mods delete this thread..

you just moved up into the next maint repair bill ladder.

Nice cars you got there sir.

congratulations on the new car! I know you have always been a huge fan of the NSX so I won't hold it against you for getting something else :smile:

Congrats on all your vehicles, hope to see you back in an NSX one day as part of your collection. Let me know how the Gallardo works out for you. I worked briefly on a project with a writer from JP Power & Associates. He stated in a 1,200 mile roadtrip review, which included a 360, 430, Gallardo, and a couple of other vehicles, the Gallardo was without question the worse and most unrefined. A friend of mine right now owned a Gallardo for a short time and said there was nothing he DIDNT love about the car. Look forward to hearing about yours...dont be a stranger.

I've kicked around the idea of a used Ferrari or Lambo.
Are you going to daily drive your Lamborghini?

NSX is exotic.
I agree. Modern exotics are nice looking from the outside, but few of the ones I've sat in have that low profile, race car seating position that the NSX offers. The NSX fits me like a glove; the MP4-12C came close but is way out of my price range.

If you drove a modern day exotic, I think you would find that they are (usually) comfortable cars, fairly reliable, and promote confidence at the limit.

Some of them a little too much confidence. I use to push my NSX to the brink looking for that point where youre on the edge of control. I never did find that with the NSX. One because its a good car but mostly because its under powered. The speeds where the NSX are on the edge of control are way to high to ever recover if I were to lose control. However the Ferrari 360 really fit the want I had for dropping my heart into my stomach.

Waiting, and waiting for the new NSX...
I sold my 98 ..
Here's the replacement
2012 Gran Turismo S. Very, VERY pleased with it.

DSC00505.jpg

Will go back to a mid engine though, NSX..if it delivers on promises,, if not then maybe audi or an f-car.

Waiting, and waiting for the new NSX...
I sold my 98 ..
Here's the replacement
2012 Gran Turismo S. Very, VERY pleased with it.

View attachment 98447

Will go back to a mid engine though, NSX..if it delivers on promises,, if not then maybe audi or an f-car.

Hey that's one of the cars on my short list. Lets hear more about the car......

Steveny

After selling my NSX I was looking at an AM Vantage V8, looked at the Gran Turismo but thought the Aston was more hard core sports car and I was/am suspect of build problems or mechanical issues. (I almost pulled the trigger on a red one, until i found out it was in the shop for repairs...and it was a new car...so I went and test drove the Maserati). Well after driving the Maserati, I really liked the balance and the idea that i could take this car for long drives without it killing me. Thought I would get more enjoyment and miles on the Mas v the Aston. It's quick for a "big" car and it attracts almost too much attention. The quality is very good, interior is killer, solid quiet (until you push the Sport button) and my 2012 S is the 4.7L motor. I just like it and really enjoy driving it. Sort of the Jekyll and Hide kind of car...roll along in first, nail it and you smoke the tires and it screams at you...then roll up the windows, turn sport mode off and enjoy the Bee Gees :)....

I frustrated with the wait on the new NSX and I'm thinking if the new Corvette finally gets the interior right, I may even go that route...(keeping the Mas of course). You need to drive one... it's so different from the Gran Sport. Lastly, a buddy of mine has a Lambo and he's had it for about 3 years.. he just picked up a Gran Turismo and that's all he can talk about... of course the Lambo is ultra-head turner....

Shout if you ever get to Dallas and we'll go for a ride! A few miles from Love field is a Maserati and Mclaren dealer...we can go kick tires!

Steveny

After selling my NSX I was looking at an AM Vantage V8, looked at the Gran Turismo but thought the Aston was more hard core sports car and I was/am suspect of build problems or mechanical issues. (I almost pulled the trigger on a red one, until i found out it was in the shop for repairs...and it was a new car...so I went and test drove the Maserati). Well after driving the Maserati, I really liked the balance and the idea that i could take this car for long drives without it killing me. Thought I would get more enjoyment and miles on the Mas v the Aston. It's quick for a "big" car and it attracts almost too much attention. The quality is very good, interior is killer, solid quiet (until you push the Sport button) and my 2012 S is the 4.7L motor. I just like it and really enjoy driving it. Sort of the Jekyll and Hide kind of car...roll along in first, nail it and you smoke the tires and it screams at you...then roll up the windows, turn sport mode off and enjoy the Bee Gees :)....

I frustrated with the wait on the new NSX and I'm thinking if the new Corvette finally gets the interior right, I may even go that route...(keeping the Mas of course). You need to drive one... it's so different from the Gran Sport. Lastly, a buddy of mine has a Lambo and he's had it for about 3 years.. he just picked up a Gran Turismo and that's all he can talk about... of course the Lambo is ultra-head turner....

Shout if you ever get to Dallas and we'll go for a ride! A few miles from Love field is a Maserati and Mclaren dealer...we can go kick tires!

Good decision not buying the AM. There are a couple of people here locally who have them and they are nothing but problems, constantly in the shop. One of the cars is out of warranty and the owner just stopped having it fixed after the last time it broke down, and it has less than 15k miles on it. It's a horrible fuggly green too so I bet he will never be able to sell it.

I've seen a couple of the GT's. they have some of the most beautiful, elegant but still aggressive lines of any modern car I've seen. I hear you on that new corvette and that car is also on my short list.... If they got the interior right. Again just a really beautiful car. Personally I didn't think I'd ever buy a corvette. Now if Honda would just get that new NSX done....

See you if I ever make it to Dallas.

Back