• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Formula 1 TV schedule

I have been searching unsuccessfully for a 2006 F1 TV schedule. Can anyone out there help? Is the entire season on Speed Channel, or does CBS have some races again? Thanks.
Jesse

I didn't think Speed Channel showed anything other than NASCAR, Pre race NASCAR, post race NASCAR, NASCAR highlights, NASCAR bloopers, NASCAR behind the scenes, NASCAR Nation, Dave Despain with NASCAR moments, NASCAR interviews, World of NASCAR, NASCAR NOPI Vision, NASCAR Tuners, Legends of NASCAR, NASCAR News, Heros of NASCAR, Villians of NASCAR, NASCAR Origins, and Rednecks Who Beat Off to NASCAR.

Juice said:
I didn't think Speed Channel showed anything other than NASCAR, Pre race NASCAR, post race NASCAR, NASCAR highlights, NASCAR bloopers, NASCAR behind the scenes, NASCAR Nation, Dave Despain with NASCAR moments, NASCAR interviews, World of NASCAR, NASCAR NOPI Vision, NASCAR Tuners, Legends of NASCAR, NASCAR News, Heros of NASCAR, Villians of NASCAR, NASCAR Origins, and Rednecks Who Beat Off to NASCAR.

LOL good one, they had some Grand-AM racing or something like that yesterday. There was something being shown at Daytona as well with Mustangs and 991s. F1 I think is this weekend.

2 Things would make speed better.
1. HIGH DEFF RACES. And not just Nascar, from F1 to Supercross
2. MAKE A NASCAR HAVE IT'S OWN CHANNEL. I am sick of tired now of turning on my TV, pressing 6+9 to get to Speed and bam...Nascar. I think I shall write a nasty e-mail to them and offer my suggestion. Grrr:mad:

Non
Athletic
Sports
Created
Around
Rednecks

Here ya go:

Show Date
Grand Prix of Bahrain
Sun, Mar 12 6:00AM (LIVE)
Grand Prix of Bahrain
Sun, Mar 12 12:30PM
Malaysia Grand Prix
Sat, Mar 18 1:30AM (LIVE)
Malaysia Grand Prix
Sun, Mar 19 12:30PM
Australian Grand Prix
Sat, Apr 1 10:30PM (LIVE)
Australian Grand Prix
Sun, Apr 2 12:30PM
San Marino Grand Prix
Sun, Apr 30 1:00PM
Grand Prix of Europe
Sun, May 7 7:30AM (LIVE)
Spanish Grand Prix
Sat, May 20 2:00PM
Monaco Grand Prix
Fri, Jun 2 12:00AM
British Grand Prix
Fri, Jun 16 12:00AM
Canadian Grand Prix
Sun, Jun 25 12:30PM (LIVE)
United States Grand Prix
Sun, Jul 2 12:30PM (LIVE)
French Grand Prix
Sun, Jul 16 7:30AM (LIVE)
German Grand Prix
Sun, Jul 30 7:30AM (LIVE)
Hungarian Grand Prix
Sun, Aug 6 7:30AM (LIVE)
Turkish Grand Prix
Sun, Aug 27 7:30AM (LIVE)
Italian Grand Prix
Sun, Sep 10 7:30AM (LIVE)
Grand Prix of China
Sat, Sep 30 1:30AM (LIVE)
Japanese Grand Prix
Sat, Oct 7 12:30AM (LIVE)
Brazilian Grand Prix
Sun, Oct 22 11:30AM (LIVE)

Last edited:
Is it true Speed isn't carrying WRC anymore?

TyraNSX said:
Is it true Speed isn't carrying WRC anymore?

Tis true. On the other hand, as the post above alludes to, that just leaves more time for NASCAR coverage.:biggrin: But I agree, NASCAR needs to get it's own network. I just don't get the popularity of NASCAR.:rolleyes:

"Hey buddy, I like NASCAR." Jim Gaffigan.

Funny, funny comedian. Look for him. He is going to be on Last Call with Carson Daly this coming Friday 17 March. Check your local listings. That sounded so professional. You will not be disappointed.

Back to the topic. I agree. Way too much NASCAR coverage, especially on SPEED.

I hope CBS does not have any F1 races, but when I look at the above post and see that there are a few that are not live, I think those will be the ones that CBS screws up. That announcer is so annoying. Is it his voice? Don't know, but he really makes it not so interesting to listen to.

I think I shall write a nasty e-mail to them and offer my suggestion. Grrr
Do it as a petition, and then we can start spreading this out to different forums and make it all over internet...

I in fact thinking that NASCAR does have more passing and crashing to feed off the need for general audiance. I used to hate anything oval, now I had a lot more respect for any racers period, not matter how easy it looks they are still probably 10x , even 100x better driver than most of us. Still I'd never watched a race yet.

I do agree that Speed channel should cover more other sorts of racing. Oh, I also don't get that Barrett Jackson thing, not that I hate to watch nice car at the auction, but watching something sitting under spot light with whole bunch of guys walking around it.. what does it have anything to do with "SPEED"???

I used to have the cable just because it includes the speed channel. (I don't watch TV much anyway.) Now I found myself watching more at the most fabulous / sexiest in those Music/Celebrity scandal channels more than speed channel. It's very disappointing.

Is the San Marino Grand Prix on TV? Looks like Speed covered the qualifying and the GP2 race, but their website says they'll be showing "NASCAR Performance" when the race is supposed to begin. How do you cover qualifying, and not the race? JB and Rubens are starting 2 and 3.
Jesse

foxy-abby said:
Is the San Marino Grand Prix on TV? Looks like Speed covered the qualifying and the GP2 race, but their website says they'll be showing "NASCAR Performance" when the race is supposed to begin. How do you cover qualifying, and not the race? JB and Rubens are starting 2 and 3.
Jesse

As you alluded to, CBS will probably have some of the european races this year as well as the U.S. GP from Indy. This includes San Marino as in last year, although tape delayed and shown at 9 or 10am pst. Check your listings. This means we get the "dummy down" announcers like Derek Daly instead of Hobbs, Varsha, Matchett, and Windsor.

I finally found what I was looking for. Here is the TV F1 schedule for '06:

Formula One
Date Name Venue ET TV
Mar 12, 2006 Bahrain Grand Prix Bahrain International Circuit 6:30 a.m. SPD
Mar 19, 2006 Malaysian Grand Prix Sepang 2:00 a.m. SPD
Apr 1, 2006 Australian Grand Prix Albert Park 11:00 p.m. SPD
Apr 23, 2006 San Marino Grand Prix Imola 8:00 a.m. CBS (1:00 p.m.)
May 7, 2006 European Grand Prix Nurburgring 8:00 a.m. SPD
May 14, 2006 Spanish Grand Prix Circuit de Catalunya 8:00 a.m. CBS (1:00 p.m.)
May 28, 2006 Monaco Grand Prix Monte Carlo 8:00 a.m. CBS (12:30 p.m.)
Jun 11, 2006 British Grand Prix Silverstone 7:00 a.m. CBS (1:30 p.m.)
Jun 25, 2006 Canadian Grand Prix Circuit Gilles Villeneuve 1:00 p.m. SPD
Jul 2, 2006 United States Grand Prix Indianapolis Motor Speedway 1:00 p.m. SPD
Jul 16, 2006 French Grand Prix Magny-Cours 8:00 a.m. SPD
Jul 30, 2006 German Grand Prix Hockenheim 8:00 a.m. SPD
Aug 6, 2006 Hungarian Grand Prix Hungaroring 8:00 a.m. SPD
Aug 27, 2006 Turkish Grand Prix Istanbul Park 8:00 a.m. SPD
Sep 10, 2006 Italian Grand Prix Monza 8:00 a.m. SPD
Sep 17, 2006 Belgian Grand Prix Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps canceled
Oct 1, 2006 Chinese Grand Prix Shanghai International Circuit 2:00 a.m. SPD
Oct 7, 2006 Japanese Grand Prix Suzuka 1:00 a.m. SPD
Oct 22, 2006 Brazilian Grand Prix Interlagos 12:00 p.m. SPD

Back