• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Found this 97 Monte Carlo Blue Hardtop...

http://www.cars.com/search/used/cc/standard/results/single/ld/detail.jhtml?paId=119268644&aff=national&src=&cid=

For $43k

First of all, this car is the 1st year with the 3.2's and 6 speeds. So that automatically jacks the price up some. And even though the Targa is the more desired of the two trims, I personally prefer the lighter more rigid hardtop.

Then there's the color, Monte Carlo Blue. OMG its to die for! Next to Supersonic Blue Pearl on 99 Integra GSR's, it has to be my favorite color on any Honda/Acura ever sold.

Then there's the fact that its located 45 miles from my apartment.

Oh did I mention that there are 4,000 miles on the odometer?

Thanks, Tiger.
wink.gif

wow .. cars does dippreciate over time isnt it? This car was asking 53k or best offer a month or so ago.. and now after being seriously discussed here and failure on eBay, its now 43k. The owner is really desperate to sell it huh..

What is the opinion now? Is 43k a good price? After all if it was a NSX-T, with 3.2l and 6 speed, even after an accident and the welding of the roof, it is still worth something. I imagine that 39k would be a good price for it...
confused.gif

Wow, things have come full circle. Someone in CA was offering this car for sale last summer for $43k http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum21/HTML/000004.html

The car is certainly worth something, but there appear to still be MANY issues with this car, so it's hard to say exactly what it's worth without a really thorough inspection. Primary concern is structural integtrity, then all the cosmeetic issues.

Hey Lud, you are right about things coming full circle. I cannot believe that this is the Nsx I was questioning about almost a year ago. It goes to show how helpful the Nsx community is and how great it is to have a website like this.

but think,.,. what kind of acident will require a Targa to be refitted as a coupe?
as I think more and more.. I feel your 39K barrier is kinda shaky

Originally posted by gheba_nsx:
What is the opinion now? Is 43k a good price? After all if it was a NSX-T, with 3.2l and 6 speed, even after an accident and the welding of the roof, it is still worth something. I imagine that 39k would be a good price for it...
confused.gif

Like Lud, I would be hesitant to guesstimate a market value for this car. Even if it has a clean title, it's similar to estimating market value for a car with a salvage title. You know it has had substantial damage, you don't know how well it has been repaired or what corners have been cut (other than the fixed roof), there's no ready market for comparable cars to use as a gauge on prices, etc.

It is obvious that the guy selling this car has been less than forthright in the past.

I would be hard pressed to buy Five Dollar bills from this guy even if he was offering them for $2.50!!!

I sure hope that the eventual buyer of this car does so with ALL the information available and doesn't come across the threads on this forum AFTER a purchase of what he/she thinks is their "Dream Car".

[This message has been edited by Paul65K (edited 02 February 2003).]

Back