• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Front Lic Plate

I was wondering if the cops are still ticketing people without front plate since most of the red light cameras are removed?

I am thinking about removing it.

I have been daily driving mine without a front plate for nearly 5 years and have never been stopped or ticketed for it.

If you go through LAX I've heard you'll get a ticket. I don't have a front plate on mine and haven't been pulled over ever. (Since March 2009, or 6 years.)

LAX is definitely a risky place for no front plate based on my experience. Once got a fine type ticket when I was parked in the structure and another time pulled over by a motorcycle cop for no front plate. Fix it ticket the second time.

I'm really happy with sos bracket. When I know I'm going to go to risky places or park on the streets it's 15 seconds to deploy ;)

Last edited:
If you go through LAX I've heard you'll get a ticket. I don't have a front plate on mine and haven't been pulled over ever. (Since March 2009, or 6 years.)

I just drove through LAX in my integra...no front plate...I hope I don't get a ticket. That would SUCK. I haven't had a front plate on any of my cars...since I have owned them. So far been pretty lucky

LAX is risky. A few years ago, I was driving my Benz without front Licence plate and I got a warning but no ticket. I never have the front plate on my '94 NSX. I have it new since '95 and never get a ticket. I have to admit that I do not drive the car often and have only about 58.000 miles on it.

Last edited:
I got a fix ticket no front plate in Westminster last weekend. Pull in for loud exhaust (modified exhaust) and no front plate.

I got a fix ticket no front plate in Westminster last weekend. Pull in for loud exhaust (modified exhaust) and no front plate.

Jennifer? If you need to borrow it I have a SOS license plate mount. I've never used it but someone else here did for there fix-it ticket. Just let me know.

Jennifer? If you need to borrow it I have a SOS license plate mount. I've never used it but someone else here did for there fix-it ticket. Just let me know.

Hey Patty, I'll buy the SOS stealth license plate from you!

I got a fix-it ticket when I parked on a street in LA. There was no fine (although it was a couple of years ago). All I had to do was send the the City a photo of the front license plate attached to my car. So I put two sided tape on the back of the license plate and stuck the plate onto the front bumper. Whala!

I was stopped by a CHP officer for speeding on the way up to San Luis Obispo. The officer commented on my tinted windows, he then inspected the front of my car, and I thought he was going to ding me for not having a front license plate. Instead, he removed some papers from my radiator and told me to slow down and he let me go.

I think it is the luck of the draw on getting a fix-it ticket for not having a front license plate.

Last edited:
Hey Patty, I'll buy the SOS stealth license plate from you!

I got a fix-it ticket when I parked on a street in LA. There was no fine (although it was a couple of years ago). All I had to do was send the the City a photo of the front license plate attached to my car. So I put two sided tape on the back of the license plate and stuck the plate onto the front bumper. Whala!

I was stopped by a CHP officer for speeding on the way up to San Luis Obispo. The officer commented on my tinted windows, he then inspected the front of my car, and I thought he was going to ding me for not having a front license plate. Instead, he removed some papers from my radiator and told me to slow down and he let me go.

I think it is the luck of the draw on getting a fix-it ticket for not having a front license plate.

Mario, I'd sell it to you but then, sure enough, I'd get the fix it ticket and need to go get another one. :rolleyes:

Twice ive had not having a front plate mentioned when ive been pulled over, but not for that reason. I told the cop the car is from Utah and it sold in 1993 and they don't make a front bracket. They never know anything.

Front plate

I could go either way. Had my MSX since 2001 and all was good w/o front plate until 2 years ago when I got a parking ticket in Northridge plus a fine for no front plate and then in Hollywood again. Years ago I got a fix-it ticket which was free. So now I have the SOS front plate but have left it up cuz I don't need the hassle.

I've gotten about 4 no front plate tickets. All of them were fix-it tickets. I just put the plate back on and get it singed off, then take the plate off again haha

Back