• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Front License Plate

Hi everyone, notice a lot of NSX, including myself don't put the front plate on. how often or should i say how many times have you got "fix it ticket"
I recently acquired my car last week, it just don't look right with the front plate on.

Anesthesia

I got at least one every year until i put it in the ft vent, now all I get is a warning.
NSX050.jpg

Hi everyone, notice a lot of NSX, including myself don't put the front plate on. how often or should i say how many times have you got "fix it ticket"
I recently acquired my car last week, it just don't look right with the front plate on.

Anesthesia

Down in the Off Topic section is a discussion about the BART shooting. A comment has been made about the lack of "Respect" given to people, esp the law enforcement community.

At the risk of starting a "style holy war," put the front plate on and get over the god awful ugliness. Cops have enough to worry about (and sometimes hassle people about) than "my car looks better without a front plate."

Maybe it's time to stop fighting all the laws we don't believe in by disobedience and start working to change the laws.

My 92 came with the front plate, and once I added my personalization, I'd feed naked without it.

hey Drifter, thanks for posting a picture, Nice ride. Berlina black like mine:biggrin:

Gleibig, ouch sorry to hear, didn't realize its that much, was thinking $24 a pop, I guess like everything its gone up, so gleibig plate or no plate on your when you take her out.

Anesthesia

Dablackgoku1234, how come you don't put in middle? thanks for posting picture, berlina black like mine again:biggrin:

anesthesia

that's awesome Hapa88, didn't realize something like that out there. very nice, got to get me one.

anesthesia

I've never gotten one. Yes I've passed right by CHP officers. Although I'm sure it would come into play if I ever got stopped for a moving violation.

As for creating more hassle for them, I don't think they'll have a tuff time ID'ing the car. Maybe if it was a bountiful as a corvette:wink:

I have never put mine on in the last two and a half years...knock on wood. No tickets or warnings so far. :smile:

In my 4+ years of ownership in California, I've gotten a ticket only once - while parked on the 5th floor (roof) of a public parking structure! At that point I ordered the SOS stealth plate, but it didn't arrive in time for me to show proof of correction, so I just paid it ($75 i think).

I'll put it on next time it happens to reduce the fine down to $25.

That said, you can be pulled over just for no front plate, so be aware of that. You're also more likely to get one if you park on the street a lot.

-Josh

alleycat, that plate is tight,i like it, wonder any prime member put that bad boy on.

anesthesia

Front plates? Any knowledgable office will know that it's a crime to run front plates. J/K - I'm more worried about getting busted without running cats.

In six years of ownership I've never had a front plate. In fact I've even talked to numerous CHIPs about not having a front plate. They told me they would not pull over a car like mine and appreciate the lines of the NSX. They said they are more interested in pulling over a suspicious vehicle and the lack of a front plate is a good reason to do so. That being said, I live in San Francisco and would NEVER park my car on the streets. The meter maids here will give you a ticket for expired meters as well as no front plate.:eek:

After driving sportscars w/o a front plate for about 15 years, I finally got a $75 ticket this year. I installed one of SOS's trick, front plate mounts and love it.

I just don't get it, There's no good reason to give in and mount a front plate on an NSX. There may be a few focal pockets of annoying enforcement scattered around the country but for the vast majority of us, our police don't really care, as someone above has accurately explained. They will find or not find Osama with or without his front plates. And mounting a front plate off center on an NSX is beyond butt ugly. Sorry, I apoligize in advance, but I only said it because it's true.

On a Scion or SUV or 18 wheeler, front plates look fine, being barely noticable in the overall cardboard box look.

OTOH, if you like to drive your NSX under the influence, or with illegal contraband in the car, I would think that no tinted windows, a legal exhaust system, *and* front plates would all be good ideas.

But if you just fear a "fix-it" ticket alone.........

im from jersey, last time i went to ny to get my alarm installed, they shut down a bridge i had to cross. even though i had my navi, i was still lost.

i must have circled around these cops like a billion times, even stopped to ask them a question. they didnt bother me about not having a front plate.

Back