• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

front wheel offset question

i wanted to put tire size 235 40 17 in the front. is 17 x 8 +43 the right offset?

is there any works or modifications to the wheelwell area?

thanks so much

That will RUB LIKE CRAZY - while there are some who run this on track cars, they probably have no fender liners installed and (a) they don't care if it rubs and (b) they rarely turn full lock anyway.

Check this thread, I am working on putting 235's at the front too.
A +38 offset should be good, applied with some of the solutions on that thread.

-MSR

I highly doubt it but best of luck to you.

Check this thread, I am working on putting 235's at the front too.
A +38 offset should be good, applied with some of the solutions on that thread.

-MSR

I highly doubt it but best of luck to you.

I'm with Angus on this one. +38 is too aggressive for a 235 on a 17x8. This tire will rub like crazy on the outside fender/fenderliner.

Is this for the track or for the street? IMO, these tire sizes should only be used on the track. . .

The link that MSR provided, however, had a +48 offset which would probably be better (because the wheel more recessed into the wheel well). Not sure how much it'll rub on the inside of the fender though.

Also, I agree with Angus of what he mentioned in the other thread that if you want better traction, get a sticker tire in the smaller, NSX specific size (i.e., 215/40/17). You won't have to worry about rubbing or destroying your fenders.

thanks guys for the input!

most likely is for the street, sometimes driving on the mountain with friends:biggrin:. after reading some thread from the forum and did some research, i'm going to put:

front - 215/40/17 17 x 8 +43
rear - 265/35/18 18 x 9.5 +38

does anyone have pictures of Gram Lights 57 Maximum(white)? anyone knows a good place to get these wheels?

Thanks,
- Ken -

most likely is for the street, sometimes driving on the mountain with friends:biggrin:. after reading some thread from the forum and did some research, i'm going to put:

This is a WAY better spec. Not likely to give any problems.

ken, did the above setup workout for u? what wheels did u get?
james R
'95 nsx-t, stock wheels

loma linda, ca

ken, did the above setup workout for u? what wheels did u get?
james R
'95 nsx-t, stock wheels

loma linda, ca

The listed setup will totally work on just about any NSX without any rubbing issues at all, ever.

You do still need to make sure the design of the wheels will allow for brake caliper clearance.

Back